• 56 results
triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By triple07

So with the recent Vita price drop I'm looking at getting a Vita now. But here's the thing, I only really see one game I really want, and thats Persona 4 Golden. Sure some other games look cool but its mostly that game and then the PSP games I never played since I didn't own a PSP.

So if you guys have a Vita what do you guys think? Is it worth getting? Am I actually a crazy person? How does the future look for the Vita too?

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vuud

Don't buy new. Find a refurb or used on ebay or craigslist. Craigslist is better because you can meet the person and try it out first, it's harder to get screwed.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

You can't be crazy for thinking of acquiring a system that has both Spelunky and Persona 4 on it. You just can't.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmyfenix

I cant comment about the future but vita+ps plus = great time. Also golden is awesome on it.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Listen to the voices in your head.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you bought one you would probably find some other games to keep you occupied. There are a whole bunch of indie games out and coming soon. That said, if you're really that unsure about it, don't drop 200 bucks (+ memory card costs) on it. It's not like the price drop is a limited time deal, so you shouldn't feel any pressure to buy now.

@vuud said:

Don't buy new. Find a refurb or used on ebay or craigslist. Craigslist is better because you can meet the person and try it out first, it's harder to get screwed.

Whatever you do, don't do this.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As a Vita owner I don't feel bad about my purchase at all, but it really depends on what games you like to play.

If you're getting a PS4/thinking about getting one and all that crossplay stuff works as advertised that'd be pretty cool as well.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a VITA day one, and, while I wish the support for it had been more consistent, I don't regret my purchase. With this pricecut, as well as the reduction in memory card prices (have they said how much they'll cost?), now (or at least whenever the price takes effect) seems like as good a time as any to get one.

As for the future of the VITA, it seems like they're moving towards providing indie titles as opposed to the big, "console"-esque games that were present when it came out. They seem to have a strong library of games now (Thomas Was Alone, Spelunky, Stealth Bastard Inc. A Clone in the Dark, Guacamelee, etc.) and it seems like quite a few upcoming smaller/indie PS4 games will be available for both systems.

Basically, if you like indie games, or at least aren't necessarily expecting massive "AAA" games, then this seems like it could be a good choice. While it does have those sorts of games (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, etc.), they haven't occupied as much of my time as some of the smaller ones.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Doskias

The Vita also plays PSOne games you download off the PSN, right?

So, if you like those, it's a better way to play them on-the-go than the PSP.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Seems like if you didn't own a PSP then the Vita is a good purchase.

Though, I do have some questions about purchasing a handheld whose main gaming attraction is the previous handheld's library. Hey, with the recent interest in the Vita, maybe something else will come out for it that isn't available elsewhere.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

A thing I'll say for it also is that they seem to be making a big push on Indie games, getting them on Vita as well as console.

Like Rogue Legacy and Spelunky, both of which would make for outstanding portable games, to me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I bought a Vita this week, I frickin' love it. Playstation Plus gave me over a dozen games I could download right away, but I've just been toiling away at Spelunky all week (just finished the key run for the temple shortcut!) I bought Muramasa: Rebirth but it's been 98% Spelunky with some Divekick thrown in.

It feels great in your hands, the interface is snappy, the games look sharp, and it'll be a good companion to the PS4. From my brief time with it, I'm ready to start buying Vita versions of games with no hesitation (Rayman: Legends being the first, Dragon's Crown coming soon after).

Hopefully it gets more exclusives, but turns out a portable indie machine is something I always needed but never thought about.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@triple07 said:

So with the recent Vita price drop I'm looking at getting a Vita now. But here's the thing, I only really see one game I really want, and thats Persona 4 Golden. Sure some other games look cool but its mostly that game and then the PSP games I never played since I didn't own a PSP.

So if you guys have a Vita what do you guys think? Is it worth getting? Am I actually a crazy person? How does the future look for the Vita too?

If you didn't own a PSP, you owe it to yourself to get a Vita. Especially if Persona 4 Golden is a thing you want. The Vita's library is filled to the brim with similar experiences.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Seppli

@triple07 said:

If you didn't own a PSP, you owe it to yourself to get a Vita. Especially if Persona 4 Golden is a thing you want. The Vita's library (respectively the PSP library) is filled to the brim with similar experiences.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No. Get one and play Gravity Rush.

CollyWolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the Vita for about four or five months and love it. It was a spur of the moment purchase decision based on the desire to play Persona 4 Golden. I have never been a hand-held gamer at all.

I'm really happy with this purchase decision, especially since our family recently moved to Singapore. I've spent a lot of time on the Vita with the transition and will have lots of opportunity to play it as I will be riding mass transit to work every day.

Persona 4 Golden alone is justification for the purchase of a Vita. 80+ hour game (I'm 60 hours in) with a great, laid-back RPG story based on a group of Japanese high school students.

I've also really enjoyed playing Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Limbo, Dragon's Crown, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

There is tons of content available for the Vita and the prices for a lot of these games are very reasonable. I've been really impressed with the sales that Sony seems to be holding pretty frequently for a lot of really quality games on the platform.

Make the purchase my friend. You won't regret it.

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're going to buy a Vita for PSP and PSOne games I'd recommend looking into which regain has the titles you want and make an account for that regain. I haven't looked in a while but I'm positive the list of PSOne titles available in Europe still trumps that of North America and I think the same can be said for the PSP games and possibly even the PS+ offerings.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Sure, why not? Go for it kid.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp I bought a Vita. I may in fact be crazy but oh well. Got the Walking Dead bundle so I'll have that and Persona 4 to play. Also is 4 GBs of memory enough or do you have to go buy more if you plan on playing downloadable games?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@triple07: I went with 32 since Playstation Plus fills up memory quickly. I'd say 16 is good, at the very least.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triple07 said:

Welp I bought a Vita. I may in fact be crazy but oh well. Got the Walking Dead bundle so I'll have that and Persona 4 to play. Also is 4 GBs of memory enough or do you have to go buy more if you plan on playing downloadable games?

I have a 16 GB and have 17 games downloaded. 2 PS1, 1 PSP and the rest are Vita. Half are indies, the other half are retail. Go buy a 16. Or 32 if you want.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrcraggle

My dad was able to pick one up second hand for £100. It didn't come with a box or anything except the power cable but the machine itself looked brand new. No scratches on the screen or anything like that. It's actually a really nice handheld, I just hope as more games come out, they don't use the back touch, it's just terrible. It can only detect 1 point (as far as I can tell) and the back doesn't actually line up with the front so you can't accurately tell where your finger is. PS+ is a great addition as well as my dad and by extension me, have access to a wealth of games such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat, New Little Kings Story, Virtue's Last Reward and a bunch of others I can't remember. DiveKick is actually pretty awesome on the Vita as well and I've been playing it more on there where i'll just let it sit and connect to a match while I do something else.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Kind of a backhanded compliment but this is an amazing port machine. A lot of amazing PC and PS3 ports (and that one PS2 port everyone just LOVES). It's a shame that there aren't more original games that are great, but it's a really good machine for stuff you might have missed on other systems or PC.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Vita is my favorite handheld.

I just play PC games, and Vita for fighters and indies.

But I also really liked the PSP too...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I kept thinking about buying one, after I bought Guacamelee on PC. I own it on PS3, and on a laptop it isn't the most practicle portable game, in fact I use a PS3 through a USB cable to play it. Just messy the way I play some of my indie games and the Vita might solve that problem.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Sorry if this sounds fanboyish but I would get a 3DSXL instead

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

I just bought a vita yesterday as well. Loving it so far. Got all the ps+ games, Walking Dead, Spelunky, Ten by Eight (only because of the trailer), and MGS HD Collection. I only have the 4 GB card right now, so I have to keep uninstalling and installing games, which can be annoying, but doable. I'll probably end up getting a 16 GB soon.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too crazy about handhelds, so I don't have one, but if you want to spend your money on one, go right ahead. It's your money.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmoyer83: I already have one, otherwise I would totally pick up a 3DS instead.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Download the Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles from the PSP section, and GTA Liberty City/Vice City Stories, if you're into that kind of thing. Oh, and Tomba! is totally compatible, so I would get that one too. Seriously, the PS1 2D games are a goldmine for Vita owners. That's actually the reason I'm planning on getting one.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunky. That's enough of a reason.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelunky. That's enough of a reason.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own both a 3DS and a Vita and love them. The Vita has been worthwhile it thanks to my PS Plus library, Persona 4 Golden, and the ability to have a bunch of great indie games on the move (recently played through Hotline Miami, and working through Guacamelee just now). The fact that it has access to a bunch of PS1 and PSP games at decent prices is a nice bonus too.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just bought mine yesterday. 200 euro with a ps vita megapack (10 free games) and i have free stuff from plus too. I bought soul sacrifice though cause that game seems cool. Persona 4 is up next. Then FF VII / VIII / IX

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SamStrife

I got my Vita the other month and it's incredible. PS Plus could fill up my 8gig memory card twice over with games worth playing and I'm currently using it to play through Persona 3 Portable.

The screen looks so nice and it's much nicer to hold for long periods of time compared to any other handheld I've used in the last few years.

The indie push the machine is getting is fantastic. Steath Inc. Hotline Miami and Spelunky all feel best on the Vita and there's no doubt in my mind other indie games that come out on it will too.

Get yourself a nice sized memory stick, that's the best piece of advice I can offer. Oh...and have fun :)

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK if you like fighting games and want to play them on the move then the vita is a wise choice, however if you don't like them then there are still a lot of good games for it there's persona 4 golden, gravity rush, little kings story,guacamelee and uncharted just to name a few off top of my head not to mention PSP games and pax games

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you are crazy for buying a good system at a really good price.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you are crazy for buying a good system at a really good price.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are not crazy for wanting a Vita!

MondyofAus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a Vita a few hours ago and got an 8GB memory card packed with indie games for free. I got it for the games (Persona 4 and PS+ primarily) but its primary use will be remote play on the PS4. That is the feature that finally sold me on it. I can now watch the footy on T.V while simultaneously playing PS4 games. Multitasking for the win.

Will it end up being worth 250 AU dollars....Who knows. I guess that depends entirely on Sony's support.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Vita has a whole lot more value now if you don't have a PC to play some great indie titles (or maybe you want to play them portably) and it will be integrated well with the PS4.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not crazy at all; the Vita is an attractive platform these days. It's got a healthy number of exclusives, or at least improved ports, and a wealth of excellent indie games. It's also a slick piece of hardware, that's more affordable now. Jump in, man!

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Vita can only get better as time goes on. For now, it's the best way to play Hotline Miami, Persona 4, PSP games, and PS+.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love my Vita. Tons of games to play on it and only bigger and better shit down the road. A dedicated Spelunky machine is worth owning.

oldusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oldusername

I'm in the same boat as the poster. I have a 3DSXL and I'm happy with it but I feel like I'm always waiting for the next thing to come out on it. Zelda will be great but I take the train to work.

I've been thinking of getting a vita now for a while. I really want to play Spelunky, Guacamele, and Rogue Legacy. I believe I'm reading that it'll be worth it. I was thinking Wifi model, 16GB memory card and PS Plus. Set me back just shy of $300.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Tearaway is ADORABLE.