Are either of the screens easily scratched?

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty sure I am going to get a Vita soon (Probably the Borderlands 2 Bundle one since thats the only one easily available), but I would like to know if either of the touchscreens are easily scratched and if I should buy screen protectors.

I'm not planning on pocketing the device, might carry it in my backpack (So maybe a carrying bag/case will be better investment than a screen protector)

Thanks duders!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

About as easily as any high quality smartphone.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i would definatly say get some gorilla glass or something like that. got some for mine and it was amazing. it can take a fair beating without but might as well since its fairly cheap especially compared to a scratched or damaged screen.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

If you're planning on buying Muramasa for Vita, there's a limited edition which is pretty easy to find cheaply which includes a plastic case which at least fits the original Vita (not sure how different the new Vita is dimensions wise). But in general I don't think it scratches too easily, I've had mine since 2012 and mine isn't visibly scratched, despite me accidentally dropping it twice.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I've had my Vita since last summer. I just checked and my screens have a combined zero scratches. I use it a lot and whenever I take it with me I just toss it into the pouch that came with my PSP, even though it's a bit too big for it. That's the old Vita though. Not sure if there was a cost cutting materials change in the new Vita.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slyspider

I have a launch one, I use a case when its in my backpack. I'm scared of pocketing it because of the joysticks. No screen scratches so far

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I always buy a screen protector just to be safe, but yeah, the screens are pretty durable but not invincible. The Hori protectors don't negatively impact the visibility or feel of the screen at all, so there's not much downside to putting one on. In all but the worst case, you're ruining a $10 thing instead of a $200 thing.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had an OG model for about 2 years now, I keep it in a soft case when I'm not using it and I've zero scratches.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I don't have any scratches. Don't have any protection for it just drop it into my bag. Not sure how the new model is though. I have the original. The new one is lighter but has a LCD screen instead of OLED so looks worse.