#1 Edited by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I have some extra money and I'm really enjoying what Sony is doing with smaller games on the Vita. So I'm going to grab the Walking Dead bundle on Amazon. What else do I need to add to that order? Do I NEED a 32 GB card? Are there any games that are cheaper to pickup physical copies of? Any accessories nice to have?

I believe I have Gravity Rush and Uncharted downloaded through PS+. I'm quite sad I didn't grab more.

#2 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1843 posts) -

There's always Persona 4.

I bought Dragon's Crown and I'm digging it. I'm not really into beat em ups but I've put about thirteen hours into it and I'm still going. It's a lot of retreading the same ground, but the classes play differently enough from one another that swapping over always feels different, and the boss fights are very interesting and exciting.

#3 Posted by BlackLagoon (1384 posts) -

@barrock: In theory you can make do with a small card, but you'll end up doing a lot of deleting and redownloading of games and Killzone Mercenery won't even fit on a 4 GB one. 64 GB cards should be coming soon though, so it might be advantageous to wait for them to come out and see how that affects the prices before buying a bigger one.

#4 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@barrock: In theory you can make do with a small card, but you'll end up doing a lot of deleting and redownloading of games and Killzone Mercenery won't even fit on a 4 GB one. 64 GB cards should be coming soon though, so it might be advantageous to wait for them to come out and see how that affects the prices before buying a bigger one.

So I could get away with the 4 GB card for now and upgrade when the 64 comes out? Can you play the physical Killzone with the 4 GB card?

#5 Edited by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

I would seriously wait for the 64gb memory card to ship,not to buy one, but because the lower prices it will bring with it, I think during the TGS presentation they said the new price was going to be $50 for a 32gb which is fairly reasonable. I would not get a memory card smaller than 32gb, the Vita games are generally in the 1-3gb range, I think you can safely half the size of the memory card you want to buy and that's roughly how many games you will be able to hold.

Get PS+, that's kept me more than busy with my Vita; Gravity Rush is my favorite game for the system in any event.

#6 Posted by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -
#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

What I posted in the last three to four threads on this topic that got made.

#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Other than the obvious Persona games, Check out Gravity Rush. It's on PS+ and I'm really enjoying it, though the mechanics take a little getting used to.

#9 Edited by schreiberty (204 posts) -

I got a vita and persona 4 and i was perfectly happy for a long time. For the memory card i would say maybe dont get the 32, I have all the most recent ps plus games, divekick rayman legends and spelunky and im only using 9 gbs, it really just depends on if your going to download a lot of stuff or if you want movies and what not on it too.

Edit: Also i just checked and rayman origins is free for plus now, just a heads up

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I would seriously wait for the 64gb memory card to ship,not to buy one, but because the lower prices it will bring with it, I think during the TGS presentation they said the new price was going to be $50 for a 32gb which is fairly reasonable.

Get PS+, that's kept me more than busy with my Vita; Gravity Rush is my favorite game for the system in any event.

Don't you worry. I've already been converted to your PS+ cult. ;) I guess I'll wait for the 64 GB to come out.

What about accessories? A case or anything like that?

#11 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

PS+ and a decent size memory card. At least 8 GB, I'd say. It's all you really need.

Always keep an eye out for sales too.

#12 Posted by BlackLagoon (1384 posts) -

@barrock: As I said, you'll be doing a lot of swapping of games, but it is certainly possible. Killzone needs about 1 GB on the card for a patch, so the physical release will work as long as you have the room.

#13 Posted by Rafaelfc (1317 posts) -

Lone Survivor is out today, that game is preeeetty good.

#14 Posted by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

@barrock said:

What about accessories? A case or anything like that?

I bought the charging stand, the charging cable is not the best design and I heard about people screwing it up putting it in backwards (easy to try to put in backwards, I can't see actually damaging it though) and I just wanted it for wake up club, it's decent.

#15 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@barrock: Sell the 4 GB that comes with the Vita and get an 8 GB card for now, it's $20. Then wait for the 64 GB. Besides the obvious games of Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush, play whatever you want from PS+. Besides the 2 games you have from PS+ the other free PS+ games at the moment are Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins, GTA: Liberty City Stories & Darkstalkers. You're a dummy for not "purchasing" all the games they gave away though. :( Some other solid titles are Soul Sacrifice, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Sound Shapes, and Virtues Last Reward. Then just buy all the indies that are on Steam on your Vita.