#1 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

I got this really sweet deal on my Vita in Germany - 10 games plus the system for 169 Euros. New!

• Little Deviants
  • Frobisher Says
  • Lemmings (OMFG NO WAY)
  • Ecolibrium
  • Hungry Giraffe (huh?)
  • Little Big Planet Vita
  • Motorstorm RC
  • Wipeout 2042
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
  • and something about a rotating octopus...
  • Plus I picked up Dragon's Crown.

The thing is though, that my internet connection here is only wired and I don't know how I'm going to connect to the internet on my Vita. Is there a way to use my PC's connection to do this?

Also, when I download the 10 free games, will I need to be connected to access them or can I play them whenever?

This baby is updating right now and then It's Dragon's Crown time!

#2 Edited by MB (13090 posts) -

@xyzygy: That is an incredible deal. Don't forget that Hotline Miami is also available on the Vita!

As far as your internet issue...I don't see a solution that doesn't involve buying some additional hardware. You could get a cheap USB WiFi adapter and then use Internet Connection Sharing (built in to Windows and OS X) to create a WiFi network and then connect the Vita to it that way, it should work fine and won't be that difficult or expensive to set up.

#3 Posted by TerraDelu (501 posts) -

I would go to a Starbucks or somewhere with free public wifi and download everything there. It'll be slow going, but it'll do.

Or just get a wireless router, they are cheap enough now.

#4 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

@mb: Thanks, I never even thought about getting a Wifi adaptor. I don't wanna spend 30 euros on a router so that's probably the best option.

#5 Posted by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -

@xyzygy: You can't download stuff for your Vita through your PC directly, but if it has WiFi you can always turn it into a WiFi hotspot and connect your Vita to it like a regular wireless router. You can also download Vita games on a PS3 and transfer them to the Vita the Content Manager application.

Anyway, on that list, I think Ecolibrium might require you to be online. It's a free to play game, and those typically require you to be online so they can keep track of your "energy" and entice you to buy stuff.