Just got a Vita! I have a few questions about it

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I got this really sweet deal on my Vita in Germany - 10 games plus the system for 169 Euros. New!

• Little Deviants
  • Frobisher Says
  • Lemmings (OMFG NO WAY)
  • Ecolibrium
  • Hungry Giraffe (huh?)
  • Little Big Planet Vita
  • Motorstorm RC
  • Wipeout 2042
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
  • and something about a rotating octopus...
  • Plus I picked up Dragon's Crown.

The thing is though, that my internet connection here is only wired and I don't know how I'm going to connect to the internet on my Vita. Is there a way to use my PC's connection to do this?

Also, when I download the 10 free games, will I need to be connected to access them or can I play them whenever?

This baby is updating right now and then It's Dragon's Crown time!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

@xyzygy: That is an incredible deal. Don't forget that Hotline Miami is also available on the Vita!

As far as your internet issue...I don't see a solution that doesn't involve buying some additional hardware. You could get a cheap USB WiFi adapter and then use Internet Connection Sharing (built in to Windows and OS X) to create a WiFi network and then connect the Vita to it that way, it should work fine and won't be that difficult or expensive to set up.

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I would go to a Starbucks or somewhere with free public wifi and download everything there. It'll be slow going, but it'll do.

Or just get a wireless router, they are cheap enough now.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mb: Thanks, I never even thought about getting a Wifi adaptor. I don't wanna spend 30 euros on a router so that's probably the best option.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xyzygy: You can't download stuff for your Vita through your PC directly, but if it has WiFi you can always turn it into a WiFi hotspot and connect your Vita to it like a regular wireless router. You can also download Vita games on a PS3 and transfer them to the Vita the Content Manager application.

Anyway, on that list, I think Ecolibrium might require you to be online. It's a free to play game, and those typically require you to be online so they can keep track of your "energy" and entice you to buy stuff.