New Vita owner here, what should my second game be?

amani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll New Vita owner here, what should my second game be? (201 votes)

Tearaway 13%
Persona 4 Golden 81%
Gravity Rush 6%

Hey folks, I am the proud papa of a bouncing baby Vita as of yesterday, and so far I've been enjoying it so far. I bought Muramasa Rebirth as my first game, but I could use some help figuring out what game I should get next. I really wanted to try the few original titles that are actually worth a damn, but I have had my eye on Persona 4 for a long while. So, being the indecisive bastard that I am, I'll leave it up to you guys.

• 
Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Tom_omb

Are you a PS+ subscriber? Gravity Rush is currently "free."

I don't own a Vita (yet), but my game collection for that system keeps growing. I'm going to have to pick one up eventually.

I voted for Tearaway, cause it looks neat.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush are great games. Have not played tearaway, but i've heard good things.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of those are great games. Though I have to recommend Persona 4 Golden.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Persona 4 Golden. Given the community on this site and the love of Persona, you're pretty much asking for people to tell you to buy Persona with this poll. Not saying thats bad, but I wouldn't expect the other two options to win out any time soon. Oh and go buy Persona.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signing up for PS plus is the best value option. Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, and Sonic Racing are all pretty good. Persona 4 is probably the best game on the vita but you might want to wait for a sale. It's also a pretty safe bet that Tearaway will eventually be a PS plus game if you're willing to wait.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I didn't get into Tearaway the way I thought I would; Gravity Rush is the best Vita game I've played; I appreciate persona 4 golden, but playing a long ass jrpg on a handheld has no appeal to me at all.

shalba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It also depends on your ability for time investment. Persona and Tearaway are both great games, but one will take you much longer than the other...

As others have said Tearaway will probably be PS+ in a few months, though its also quite cheap through PSN. Persona is fantastic as long as you have 60+ hours (well 80 for me :P )

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get yourself a PS+ subscription and Persona 4 Golden. Happy gaming.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

P4G should've been the first game you got.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I didn't like Tearaway but I sure did smile the entire time I played it. Persona 4 is an excellent game. Persona 4 Golden is an even better game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is the fifth thread on this subject for the past week.

Get P4G if you haven't played Persona 4 previous, otherwise I recommend Gravity Rush. Flinging yourself around the city is a LOT of fun, and the story and characters are cute as well.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all three to be honest

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Tearaway, Spelunky, OlliOlli, Persona 4, 10x8.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of 'em! ... and Spelunky.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from the clearly good games on that list, I've personally enjoyed ports on the vita more than I thought I would. Stuff like-

Ninja Gaiden Black

Rayman Origins/Legends

Proteus

Guacamelee

Splunky

-have all absorbed WAAAY more of my time through Vita than their platform of origin.

ALSO. Yes, sign up for PS Plus right now. And frankly, download Wipeout 2048. I've never really enjoyed the Wipeout games but have always had a fondness for futuristic racers. I found 2048 to be the best one they've made. Something about the controls and physics worked for me when other entries felt lose and clumsy.

I'm just saying that I've put a lot of hours into it when I never expected to.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ttocs

Persona 4 golden is a must play if you haven't already played the game on the PS2. It really is an amazing game and it's a perfect fit on the Vita.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

OlliOlli

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmosin

Persona 4: golden, then tearaway and then gravity rush. GR was kinda charming, but man did the combat get old fast, wich wouldn't be that much of a problem if it wasn't such a big part of the game.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#19  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm hearing good things about Ys: Memories of Celceta too, and it's an Vita exclusive.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why ask this question and then put P4G as an answer?! If time is an issue, play Gravity Rush and Tearaway. If you have 70+ hours to devote to P4G, then play that.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By MetalBaofu

Out of those 3 I voted for Persona, but I would like to also add that I would have bought Ys: Memories of Celceta before I bought Muramasa. So, you might want to look into Ys, if you haven't already.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's not on the list but my Vita is my dedicated Spelunky machine.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

All those are awesome games, I'd play Persona last since it will definitely take you the longest to beat. Gravity Rush is free with ps+ and Tearaway has had some good sales so play those then get to Persona.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RonGalaxy

Man, no love for gravity rush? If you're into open world action/adventure games with an amazing art style, a good story (until the end), a fantastic score, and interesting gameplay mechanics, maybe check that game out! Its still free on ps plus.

Edit: Also, I agree with what some others have said. You should play all of them.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 4 Golden will own you. Buy it nwo.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Persona 4 Golden is kind of a given when talking about the Vita.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NegativeCero

I say Tearaway because those guys deserve more than they got, but all the games you list are great.

KikkomanSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of those 3 I'd definitely get Persona 4. If you're interested in Vita originals, you should check out Ys: Memories of Celceta!

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dragons Crown, Guacamelee, and Uncharted are my 3 favorite in the the Vita

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon's Crown! Out of those three though, I don't know. I'd get Persona.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strife777

Out of those three, most definitely P4G if you haven't played it before on PS2. You'll get your money's worth.

Gravity Rush is flawed but very charming. It has interesting gameplay mechanics that required some getting used to, at least for me. I'm pretty excited to see what they do with the sequel. Kat is a great character.

I haven't played enough Tearaway to judge one way or the other. Seems pretty damn good though.

There's a shit ton of PSN games that are also worth your time. OlliOlli, Guacamelee, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Sound Shapes and lots more. Also! I might suggest getting some PSOne classics. I played through all of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on my Vita, and. It. Was. Glorious.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you aren't a PS+ member I would definitely recommend getting that before buying any more games. The number of game you get with the Plus membership more than makes up for its cost.

If you do want one of the games you have listed and have plenty of time to spare, then go with P4G. I'm still working on my first playthrough and have over 60 hours into it so far, and it is a great game that will not disappoint you.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By SMTDante89

Have you played Persona 4 previously on the PS2? If so, you can probably hold off on Golden for a while, but otherwise that would probably be my first choice. After that, Tearaway if you really like platformers, and maybe even if you don't, it's a really charming game. As for Gravity Rush, it's a really good game, but I would just say get PS+ so you can get GR and a few other Vita titles, but if you don't have a decent sized memory card, that might limit the appeal of PS+.

So I would go P4: G (if you haven't played vanilla P4 previously) > Tearaway > Gravity Rush (ideally through PS+ if you have a good memory card) If you have played P4 before, I would switch Golden and Tearaway.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I loved Tearaway. But personally, I've been spending most of my time playing Mortal Kombat and Injustice.

Certainly, different strokes for different folks.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

muramasa should last a good 20 hours so don't worry about it too much.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ch3burashka

Get Hotline Miami, dawg.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a Vita myself today and have already downloaded a bunch of games, but am still looking for some 2D platformers. Heard Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins got released on PSP and should work on Vita, but no luck in the store...did those bastards just release it over at US or has it been removed alltogether?

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By soulmanim3

P4G and Y's will last you 100+ hours if you go for Platinum!

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

If I had to choose from your list, I'd go with Persona 4 Golden just because it is an amazing JRPG.

If I can deviate from your list, I will say that I just recently got a Vita myself and have sunk over 60 hours into Dragon's Crown and plan to sink a lot more. That game did not appeal to me on the PS3, but it is amazing for a action-packed dungeon romp during lunch.

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on dude, you're asking GIANT BOMB if you should buy Persona 4. I'm genuinely surprised the other choices have gotten any votes.