Playstation TV's are on the cheap! ($65)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spoonman671

EDIT: Apparently the deal has expired. Price has gone back up to $80. Sorry if you came in here all excited for some reason.

EDIT: Probably only useful for US residents

Just thought I'd give the community a heads up on a pretty great Playstation TV deal. AntOnline is selling Playstation TV's for $65 through Ebay. I don't really have a use for one of these things, but I went ahead and bought one out of pure curiosity. I figured there may be a few like-minded wastrels here at Giant Bomb.

Here's the Link

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost bought one earlier just so I could play the Trails in the Sky sequel on the T.V. when it comes out, but I just can't see how these things aren't like thirty dollars in another couple of months.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn thats cheap. I might get this to see Muramasa on the big screen

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, I've been waiting for a discount on one of these since they were announced but after factoring in currency, shipping and import charges this is actually more expensive than normal.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If it was the controller bundle I'd be all over that.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@corevi said:

Man, I've been waiting for a discount on one of these since they were announced but after factoring in currency, shipping and import charges this is actually more expensive than normal.

I don't know if this applies to where you live but they did quietly drop the price of the PS TV here in the States a month or so ago. Base model is $80 while the controller/Lego bundle is $100.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Corevi
@turtlebird95 said:
@corevi said:

I don't know if this applies to where you live but they did quietly drop the price of the PS TV here in the States a month or so ago. Base model is $80 while the controller/Lego bundle is $100.

Huh, they totally did, cool!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spoonman671

I almost bought one earlier just so I could play the Trails in the Sky sequel on the T.V. when it comes out, but I just can't see how these things aren't like thirty dollars in another couple of months.

You're not wrong.

@corevi said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I've added a note on the issue in the original post.

I'm lucky enough to have a completely new DualShock 3 from when I had to replace my first PS3. I'll probably be setting this up in one of the other rooms of the house for my nephews to play with. For those who are packing their PS3s away, I suppose they could just use those controllers. Not a perfect solution.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my Playstation TV. It's not perfect but it's great for watching all of my favorite Japanese animations!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Corevi

I'm lucky enough to have a completely new DualShock 3 from when I had to replace my first PS3. I'll probably be setting this up in one of the other rooms of the house for my nephews to play with. For those who are packing their PS3s away, I suppose they could just use those controllers. Not a perfect solution.

You can use a Dualshock 4 with it too if you have one of those.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@spoonman671 said:

You can use a Dualshock 4 with it too if you have one of those.

Just the one that's synced to my PS4. I'm thinking the use case for PSTV is as a decoy to keep my nephews away from my real toys. For that purpose, a DS3 will due just fine.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw this deal in the morning.

I just came back - it's back to 80. I'm pissed.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spoonman671

I saw this deal in the morning.

I just came back - it's back to 80. I'm pissed.

I'll make a note of it.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought in on this deal, but then realized it only has 1 GB internal memory.

Persona 4: Golden is 3.3 gigs so now I have to buy one of those dumb, expensive proprietary Vita cards.

THAT'S HOW THEY GET YA!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who bought this should get Danganronpa, Disgaea 4 and Muramasa

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dannyhibiki: Or you could buy a physical copy of the game.

Physical copies? We are buying Playstation TVs, sir. Is it not clear that we are looking to the future?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dannyhibiki: I'll sell you a 8GB card. Brand spankin' new. Never opened. $10 via paypal! I bought one when I bought my PSTV. But the PSTV I bought was a bundle that came with one already and I didn't realize that until I opened it. So its just been sitting collecting dust in its fancy packaging.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well I missed this deal, but now I'm happy I passed on the Vita TV Black Friday deal. I may need to get one of these now if they are down to 80 bucks everyday!

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sterling: That would be super awesome. I will send ya a PM.