#1 Edited by Angouri (231 posts) -

Sony hasn't updated their site, but my Vita just grabbed the 2.60 update.

New features:

• easily upload/download saves from PS+ using new LiveArea icon
  • if you hold down the PS button, Wifi and Bluetooth can be toggled from there now
  • you can now play media on the Vita that is stored on your PS3/PC remotely (without Remote Play)

Enjoy!

#2 Edited by Rowr (5641 posts) -

• you can now play media on the Vita that is stored on your PS3/PC remotely (without Remote Play

That sounds pretty cool.

Also those bubbles were in need of some AA.

#3 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I wonder if they will update the vita's UI to look more like whatever the ps4's ui will be.

#4 Edited by Strife777 (1579 posts) -

Awwwwww shieeet!

#5 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@mosdl said:

I wonder if they will update the vita's UI to look more like whatever the ps4's ui will be.

I really hope so. The Vita UI works well, but I've never liked the visual design of it.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Oh - that sounds sweet! Got to try stream from my PC now.

#7 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

@mosdl said:

I really hope so. The Vita UI works well, but I've never liked the visual design of it.

plot twist, PS4's UI is pretty much exactly the same as the Vita's UI

#8 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -
@dystopiax said:
@selfconfessedcynic said:

@mosdl said:

Oh god that'd be the worst. Thankfully, from what we've seen of it, it's closer to the windows 8 design (for better or worse).

#9 Posted by mosespippy (4180 posts) -

@mosdl said:

I doubt it. The Vita UI is built to be used with the touch screen. The PS4 UI will be designed for a controller.

#10 Posted by Sammo21 (3276 posts) -

@dystopiax: Based on what we've seen it will not be like the Vitas, outside of having that default blue background.

#11 Posted by Nezza (358 posts) -

Is anyone elses Vita randomly turning the screen on after applying the patch?

Mine on my desk beside me and every now and again the screen turns on and displays the lock screen as though I'd tapped the power button. It's never done that before.

#12 Posted by Rowr (5641 posts) -

@mosdl said:

I doubt it. The Vita UI is built to be used with the touch screen. The PS4 UI will be designed for a controller.

That doesn't mean they wont update the design to make it all more uniform and identifiable. It's fairly typical practice.

#13 Edited by awesomeusername (4185 posts) -

@nezza: Yupp, I keep noticing the screen lighting up and thinking "Did I just touch my Vita?" but I remember I didn't so I'm wondering what it is. I was weirded out when I downloaded the update at 4:00 a.m. and it lit up when I was in bed. Almost like a ghost is here.

@angouri said:

• you can now play media on the Vita that is stored on your PS3/PC remotely (without Remote Play)

I don't understand this. Is this just connecting your Vita to the PS3 with the cable and playing music from the content manager app? Because that's what it sounds like.

#14 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -

@angouri: Those anti-aliased bubbles are beautiful....I didn't think I would care, but it really does make the UI look a lot cleaner.

#15 Posted by phantomzxro (1577 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@mosdl said:

I don't think the ps4 will have bubbles icons but i feel like the live area menus and how you can like and comment on activities will be very similar to the vita.

#16 Edited by RonGalaxy (3166 posts) -

so how do you play content from pc to vita?

Edit: Figured it out. Really wish vita played AVI files like PS3.

#17 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5039 posts) -

Controller support for UI is the best thing on the VITA

#18 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Love how the *pulling sticker off screen* animation when coming out of stand-by mode is smooth as butter now.

so how do you play content from pc to vita?

Edit: Figured it out. Really wish vita played AVI files like PS3.

Just use a converter. I'm using PSP Converter 9, which is free. Converting video files I want to watch into 720p MP4 files takes a while, but the results are stunning.