What should my first playstation vita game be?

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I bought a vita online a couple of days ago and now I want to buy some games for it. This is my first sony console since the purchase of my playstation 2 in 2008. I know I have missed quite a few spectacular game franchises from the ps3 and also the psp. I would like to know what vita games I should definitely purchase. I have been looking at little big planet vita and virtues last reward. I also would like to buy ps one classics, any recommendations would be very welcome.

Trance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Trance_Helsing

It should be whatever the hell is available for free on PS+ right now.

EDIT: If you're in America, Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, VLR, Pinball Arcade, Jet Set Radio are all free for PS Vita with a Plus subscription. Not one bad game in the bunch. Might even go one step further and say that that's as close as you can get to a definitive library for the Vita without Frobisher Says, Guacamelee & Mutant Blobs Attack.

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I highly recommend VLR, Muramasa Rebirth and Soul Sacrifice. Persona 4 Golden is also excellent.
There are a ton of solid PSP games on there but I'm not sure what's compatible with vita, I'm sure someone has a list of good PSP games somewhere. I would say more Persona but it depends on how much you like JRPGs.

For PS1 it depends on what you like, but as a huge fan of JRPGs I recommend Suikoden, Grandia, Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Final Fantasy (all of them), Breath of Fire, Vagrant Story, FFT. I could go on but lists of excellent ps1 games are pretty easy to find.

For non RPG ps1 games, uh, Klonoa is pretty solid.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

Persona 4 Golden

I hear playstation plus give you a ton of Free shit, so go with that combo.

hell why not go with the PSP game Persona 3 Portable.

I love persona

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Optix12

Virtua Tennis 4 was super cheap for me so thats what I bought. Seriously get PS+ as that will help you a ton. Other than that the only games that I dont see coming to ps+ anytime soon are persona 4 golden and soul sacrifice. Persona 3 portable is also pretty great, ive logged in 56 hours and only around 3/4 through im guessing. If ninja gaiden sigma plus came out in july for europe then it should be with americans real soon and shows that almost all games could be on ps+ (for us europeans)

EDIT: also considering you dont have a ps3 final fantasy x/x-2 HD remake could be on the list as long as the price is reasonable and you like those games

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be whatever the hell is available for free on PS+ right now.

EDIT: If you're in America, Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, VLR, Pinball Arcade, Jet Set Radio are all free for PS Vita with a Plus subscription. Not one bad game in the bunch. Might even go one step further and say that that's as close as you can get to a definitive library for the Vita without Frobisher Says, Guacamelee & Mutant Blobs Attack.

As a person that has played Jet Set Radio Future, I find it impossible to go back to the original game. It just feels...wrong. Everything else there is solid, though.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

owen99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just bought one aswell, allowed me to finally catch up on a psp game i missed, Valkyrie chronicles 2

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgnosticJesus

The only game worth playing on the Vita - Men's Room Mayhem.

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turkalurch

@owen99 said:

just bought one aswell, allowed me to finally catch up on a psp game i missed, Valkyrie chronicles 2

I still need to play this game! They need to bring the first over to vita/ps3 as well with an hd remake because I never played it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

P4G or Hotline Miami

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I've been playing Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, and Guacamelee.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By cutyoface

Get Persona 4 Golden and you are set for weeks.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mosespippy

So whats the verdict on Lumines? I just got a vita and P4G is on my shelf in the city while I'm in the country. I need something to play and I feel like it should be Lumines since this is a Sony handheld.

The vita port of Limbo is pretty good but having played it on PS3 already I didn't get much mileage from it.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@optix12: We got Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus back in January here in the America'sss. Take that Europe!

@lun49gameon Get PS+.

I just resurrected this thread. Sorry.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese

I bought my Vita shortly after Hotline Miami came out for it mostly to play Hotline Miami on an airplane without the use of my laptop. Persona 4 Golden was the last thing I wanted to buy for it.

Two months later, I'm a believer. I have tasted the Kool-Aid and it is fucking delicious. Persona 4 is amazing.

Also, I bought Mortal Kombat on sale for five bucks through PS+. Super worth it.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will reiterate what most of the folks here in the thread stated: Get PS+. It already makes sense for PS3(Friggen Hitman: Absolution is free right now in NA.), but it makes EXTREME sense on Vita. The best games for the system have all been free on there at one time. Except maybe Sound Shapes.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Persona 4 Golden or Gravity Rush.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is Persona 4: Golden.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DeathTrap

Definitely Persona 4: Golden if you like the gameplay seen in the Endurance Run

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owen99 said:

I still need to play this game! They need to bring the first over to vita/ps3 as well with an hd remake because I never played it.

Dude, the first Valkyria Chronicles is a PS3 game. And I still need to get it, too!

I just got a Vita a week ago, pretty much just to play Pesona 4 Golden. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time came bundled with the console, and I've ordered Uncharted: Golden Abyss just for the hell of it. Those three and Gravity Rush are the only Vita games I've had any interest in, and they seem to be highly rated too, so they should be pretty safe bets for you as well.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

You should get playstation plus, that's about 3 or 4 games right there.