A little help adding games to a concept?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I just created this concept page for games that add points to the player's score tally any time a game is continued. I know I've seen this in a number of games, but I can't think of too many specifically off the top of my head. Can I get a little help with this?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought so hard I twisted my pomegranate the wrong way and shot juice in my eye. That hurts!

I know I've seen this too, but I can't for the life of me think of one. There's got to be a bunch of 16-bit platformers that do this.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By damodar

I... think Street Fighter 4 might do it, but I think continuing also kills your score, so you end up with 1 point total initially upon continuing. I'm not sure though, I don't tend to bother with playing the AI in fighting games.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Opus

Sine Mora does; as does many Shoot 'em ups I would figure, if there are any more notable ones that come to mind. I never made the connection that it's a little note for the leaderboard scores.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

never heard of this before, but I don't understand the purpose of it... wouldn't it make more sense to subtract a point, as a penalty? Or why not subtract a much higher amount, so clean runs get properly rewarded?

And what if the player continued exactly 10 times? His score would be indistinguishable from a clean run.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Deep cuts. I never heard of this before, sorry and also whats are a points?