#1 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

I just created this concept page for games that add points to the player's score tally any time a game is continued. I know I've seen this in a number of games, but I can't think of too many specifically off the top of my head. Can I get a little help with this?

#2 Posted by Sinusoidal (1683 posts) -

I thought so hard I twisted my pomegranate the wrong way and shot juice in my eye. That hurts!

I know I've seen this too, but I can't for the life of me think of one. There's got to be a bunch of 16-bit platformers that do this.

#3 Edited by Damodar (1430 posts) -

I... think Street Fighter 4 might do it, but I think continuing also kills your score, so you end up with 1 point total initially upon continuing. I'm not sure though, I don't tend to bother with playing the AI in fighting games.

#4 Edited by Opus (148 posts) -

Sine Mora does; as does many Shoot 'em ups I would figure, if there are any more notable ones that come to mind. I never made the connection that it's a little note for the leaderboard scores.

#5 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -

never heard of this before, but I don't understand the purpose of it... wouldn't it make more sense to subtract a point, as a penalty? Or why not subtract a much higher amount, so clean runs get properly rewarded?

And what if the player continued exactly 10 times? His score would be indistinguishable from a clean run.

#6 Posted by ILikePopCans (760 posts) -

Deep cuts. I never heard of this before, sorry and also whats are a points?