• 149 results
kamikawa4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kamikawa4

Poll Are you actively playing Pokemon Go? (958 votes)

Team Blue! 20%
Team Yellow! 9%
Team Red! 15%
Downloaded... And deleted 10%
Not interested 24%
Interested, but not playing now 17%
Nintendo is for children 4%

I made a new poll since the first one could not be edited with different answers. Sorry to delete the other one.

• 
xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's kind of just an ok free to play game at best and I already do a lot of walking at work. If it was based more on walking steps and not walking to physical locations I would be more interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread:

Yep! And it is great. The "game" side is whatever, but i love collection, and my girlfriend and I have had a blast taking the kids out on a walk and catching pokemon, and I've had a blast taking pictures of Pokestops in game and in real life, learning some history here and there. I'm also overweight from what I should be, and this game makes me want to go walk.

It's like a win/win/win, and it's great!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've never been much of a Pokemon guy, but this seems at the very least like a fun social phenomenon. Alas, I'm in Canada.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno yet. Turns out 1AM isn't the best time to decide you want to check it out for the first time.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the option for "Can't even make an account still because it's broken"? Man this is maybe the biggest shitshow of a launch I've ever experienced.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It's not available in Canada yet...so haven't even tried it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, zero interest.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@xanadu said:

It's kind of just an ok free to play game at best and I already do a lot of walking at work. If it was based more on walking steps and not walking to physical locations I would be more interested.

Game opens up once you are at least level 7. Pokemon all over the place. Gym Battles happening day and night. Tracking down that Ponyta to a the cul-de-sac on the side of a mountain with the pokemon radar and a group of people.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My opportunities to play it are limited because I don't use mobile data. I'm interested for now, but chances are I'll just move on and try to play one of the traditional games instead. I fell off after HeartGold.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

never cared about pokemon in the first place so 0 interest

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Cirdain

I will when I'm back at Uni in mid September.

BTStreleckis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm passively playing it. Turned it on twice once servers weren't messing up.

No Caption Provided

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yep I'm playing it, my wife accidentally joined team red so I guess I'm team red? A Scyther just got away from me which is a bit of a disappointment.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrcraggle

I went out the other day, had lots of walking involved, servers down. Thanks Pokemon Go.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like a blast (and I could not give a solitary fuck about a Pokey Mans), but I'm a filthy WP8 peasant, so I'm just enjoying it vicariously by watching other people around here play it.

I'm looking into getting a Kindle Fire for various purposes, so I'll try it then (hopefully the fad won't have blown over by then). I'll still be limited to WiFi, but there are enough spots around here that I can at least get the gist of the game.

Samcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's an art park just outside my town and all the outdoor sculptures are Pokémon stops. It's super dumb and incredible.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Canada so haven't been able to try it yet. It looks interesting and I'll definitely try it when it comes out here but I doubt I'll play it more than a few times.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I turn it on for a bit whenever I go out shopping or to work or whatever. I kinda wish I lived in an easier area to walk out of, because I need to drive for a bit or prepare myself for an all day hike if I want to get to any pokestops or gyms. The game portion is pretty shallow, but I've run into a couple people already who were out catchin Pokemon and it was a pretty neat experience.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Trilogy

I'm playing it a bit, but I don't have a team yet. I assume I have to be a certain level or something. I'm only lvl 3 atm. Seems like a lackluster thing, but its amazing how widespread it is. It makes the whole thing kind of magnetic.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yes, for the last two days now. I'm having a pretty fun time. I actually like the simplicity of it, and whenever I travel out I always have it on to check to see what's going on in my area. Honestly, I think there's something to just collecting Pokemon and not worrying about the rest of the stuff we're used to. If I want a proper, fleshed out Pokemon experience there's plenty of games that can give me that. The only negatives are the server instability and extreme battery drain. I have an Iphone 5, so my battery already has a knock against it. You can imagine how much quicker it goes now with Go running in the background. I haven't been able to connect to a Pokestop yet. I've gone to a couple, but nothing happens and my input to the stop just stays blank. It's not been that much of a problem as my supplies have stayed somewhat stocked through the leveling system. I think I've put 3 dollars into it at this point. Once for pokeballs and twice for the incense. I'm not sure how long I'll keep up with it, but right now I'm having fun.

Edit: Went to my local movie theater yesterday and racked up since it's a Pokestop. I figured out you have to spin the circle on screen to release the items. I got an egg too, so I guess I'll see what comes of that soon. I think if nothing else, this'll get me to go back and finish Pokemon yellow before Sun and Moon comes out. Sticking with the OG 151 was definitely a smart move since those are the most recognizable Pokemon.

Caught 27/ Seen 28 so far.

Level 8

Naive_Appeaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it for a couple hours and caught about 40 pokedudes from my house. It wasn't spectacular or anything, but the AR aspect was interesting enough to keep me amused.

Unfortunately living in a rural area has made the game basically unplayable now that I've run out of pokeballs. Pretty disappointing.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

wait, how can anyone vote when the teams system isn't ready till level 5?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

wait, how can anyone vote when the teams system isn't ready till level 5?

I'm level 11 and I've taken around 15 gyms. My friend reached level 5 in like 2 hours.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crithon

@golguin: and not a single server problem in 3 days? how is that possible? what about the hobo pee spots? does he have a mask to deflect the scents?

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I presume it requires a data plan, if so, I can't play it. Now I'm hearing it's not even available in Canada, so there's another reason I can't play. Not a huge Pokemon fan, but I'm super interested in Nintendo's mobile plans and I still play Miitomo.

packerman120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mate, your names are incredible. Bravo. And I've played it a little bit. Been having minor amounts of fun.

I'm passively playing it. Turned it on twice once servers weren't messing up.

No Caption Provided

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By geirr

They forgot to hit the "worldwide launch" button so no.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It's neat for what it is. I'm having fun with it at the moment. I just want Pokemon Sun/Moon now dammit!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah! I work on an ambulance that drives all over the county so it's perfect for me. I actually like even the active gameplay part. It's shallow but still exciting. Once I realized the bonus for having your Pokemon in gyms I became excited at trying to take them over. I think this is a great game if you're already in a position to play it effectively but I don't lnow if I would be so into it otherwise. I would probably want to like it but the grind would be too slow and require too much from me to enjoy.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I downloaded it, spent a long time trying to pick a name that wasn't already taken, deleted it.

I thought the problem might have been because the servers were down, so I downloaded it again, spent almost as much time trying to pick a name that wasn't already taken, finally got one, then see everything worth doing is far away from me, deleted it again.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

@golguin: and not a single server problem in 3 days? how is that possible? what about the hobo pee spots? does he have a mask to deflect the scents?

There have been server issues, but I'm still playing it. I'm level 12 after coming back from a very fruitful 2 hour pokenight.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: it helps if you play during the off hours. In the morning before lunch or later at night. If you're playing at lunch or after work you're going to have a rough time. I usually play whenever I go for a run and am lvl 14. Also helps if you know how to grind xp to get out of rattata and weedle hell, but that's another matter altogether.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:
@crithon said:

There have been server issues, but I'm still playing it. I'm level 12 after coming back from a very fruitful 2 hour pokenight.

Behold you are in the minority

just walked by a couple I saw playing 4pm at 12 AM because the serverse cannot help two people in love.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza said:

@crithon: it helps if you play during the off hours. In the morning before lunch or later at night. If you're playing at lunch or after work you're going to have a rough time. I usually play whenever I go for a run and am lvl 14. Also helps if you know how to grind xp to get out of rattata and weedle hell, but that's another matter altogether.

so far that off hour isn't determined. I would LOVE to play this game like 3 am after my nephew nap and we walk the dog around..... nope it's not. I still want a photo of a dog fighting a Pokemon shot... Nope.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Its actually not that great a game but i cant stop playing it, its making me go out for walks randomly when i'd normally be sitting in front of a screen so as long as that lasts it gets a thumbs up from me.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seikenfreak

Not interested. Not sure what the big deal is? I watch all these people playing it around me and I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

It looks like a real basic, bad, free-to-play phone game. As far as I can tell, people are just walking around and catching them and not really doing anything else. They show me there are gyms and fighting other people but I don't see them doing it? And even the images of that are just super basic looking. These people are around age 30 and haven't played a Pokemon game in forever or some just don't play many games.. I just think.. why not go play one of the actual Pokemon games? There is so much more depth, gameplay, better visuals, music, narrative etc.. And that's not to say I don't think they could make a cool Pokemon Go type game. It would just need way more polish and detail to bring it inline with the traditional RPGs.

But they seem to give me a little attitude or say "well yea its dumb.. duh" whenever I suggest Pokemon Go isn't good? But if its dumb.. why are you spending time using it?

/shrug

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cikame

I have a Samsung B2710.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a dumb fun thing to do with friends for me. Not about to go on walks by myself to do some capturing, but with friends, sure.

I really appreciate the lack of ads. I was full expecting it to be a pop-up ridden mess.

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Contra

No Caption Provided

I've been increasing how much I walk anyway and bought a nice pair of trainers for that recently anyway. I was getting bored of the same old routes around my area.

This game has given me a reason to go to places I wouldn't normally, or find things I didn't know were there. I'm in Glasgow and outside the Tennents factory there is a plaque to the writer of "Wee Willie Winkie". It's just a small thing, but it's telling me stuff I didn't know about my area. Or other things I have always wondered about, like the weird bull statue, or why they saved the front of a building. I could get all this if I remembered, and actively looked into it; but I don't. By gamifying this, it keeps me interested.

Also that I have a bunch of other people I know doing it helps massively, so that we compare for best, coolest, and dumbest.

I've seen a good number of other people doing it, and even had a few brief conversations where we say "pokemon?" laugh and move on to whatever point as are trying to steal.

It helps that I've not played an AR game before, and rarely use my phone for gaming at all. I tend to not have time to play while I'm out and about, but pokemon takes a few seconds every few minutes. It's not the commitment of a fully pokemon game.

In the end this is casual fun. But it's fun in the real world, using things we know about.

Also I can make it look like Slowpoke is about to get hit by a car.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gave it a shot, but it didn't really stick. It's not very convenient for me to play given how demanding it is on my battery. I might be willing to deal if it was a deeper game.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I've read about how rough it is on the gaming websites, but all I hear from everyone on Facebook and in real life right now is how cool and amazing Pokemon Go is. It's served as a good reminder of the different demands "gamers" and people who want to enjoy things they like are, same as enthusiasts of movies or TV.

I haven't downloaded it but I do feel a bit of a tug, both for nostalgia and curiosity.

outlawtorn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for it to come online in Hong Kong. Never tried ingress but looking forward to having a bit more of a reason to explore.

haychew21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've decided I'm through being cynical about this game. It's fucking amazing. 12-year-old me would slap the shit out of adult me if he heard some of the things I said early on, and once I realized how awesome it is that something like this exists now, I have no qualms running down the street glued to my phone, or being one of those (surprisingly numerous) people to show up when the mural downtown has a lure socketed at two in the morning. I'm actively playing and having a blast.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By golguin

@nodima said:

I've read about how rough it is on the gaming websites, but all I hear from everyone on Facebook and in real life right now is how cool and amazing Pokemon Go is. It's served as a good reminder of the different demands "gamers" and people who want to enjoy things they like are, same as enthusiasts of movies or TV.

I haven't downloaded it but I do feel a bit of a tug, both for nostalgia and curiosity.

It's a completely different reaction, which is why it feels like the people who have been in the video game industry are either too cynical to appreciate doing fun things with friends or they are simply out of touch.

Didn't the vast majority of reviewer's completely drop the ball on Minecraft when it initially came out because they couldn't understand a game where YOU made your own fun with friends? That game resonated with kids and reviewer's couldn't understand it. I feel like this is something similar. Almost everyone I know is playing Pokemon Go and the majority of those people don't play traditional video games.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Unsurprisingly, my social media feeds have been filled with nothing but Pokemon Go (and reactions to the stuff that happened in Dallas, which are slightly more depressing) and it turns out there are a lot of 20somethings out there who still have nostalgia for Pokemon but don't want to play actual real video games. My mom asked me about it because she's seen a bunch of people playing it. That's nuts. Apparently Nintendo's stock jumped something like 10% just because of this game?

I haven't downloaded it myself. I still might, though I reserve the right to be a grumpy old man who tells all of them damn kids about how much better real pokemon is. We'll see.