#1 Posted by PandaBear (1264 posts) -

So 80% of my trades in the GTS end in a "Communication Error" where I have to press the 3DS power button to close Pokemon, got back to the system menu and start the game again. It's almost like the 3DS equivalent of the blue screen of death. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm wondering if it's a router settings thing? Or is it a common bug?

#2 Edited by alanm26v5 (414 posts) -

It's happened to me, at first a lot but less so over time. Or maybe it's server time of day related. Turning off the search filter once you find what you're looking for was suggested and seems to help.

#3 Edited by tokensonly (10 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think you can use the filter that only shows trades asking for Pokemon you have. That worked for me.

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

Friend of mine was having a similar issue a few days ago: he could Wonder Trade all he wanted, but whenever he tried to use the GTS it would end in a communication error. It didn't soft-lock his game like yours, though.

I personally have never had any communication errors of any kind.

#5 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4429 posts) -

Strange. I've done a fair amount of GTS trading and it hasn't happened to me at all.

#6 Posted by PandaBear (1264 posts) -

It's happened to me, at first a lot but less so over time. Or maybe it's server time of day related. Turning off the search filter once you find what you're looking for was suggested and seems to help.

That's probably it ... I filter by Pokemon I actually have. I guess I'll just wade through the unreasonable "trade me a lvl 1 Mewtwo for a Magikarp"... that's a slight exaggeration haha

Anyway, thanks everyone. (And for the record I can Wonder Trade no problems, same with direct trading... it's just GTS)

#7 Posted by Shaunage (640 posts) -

I've done over 50 GTS trades, apparently, and I've never seen this once.