#1 Edited by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

Which one you like? It can be design or abilities you get from the mega evolution.

Here my list

Mega Venusaur - Has a flower on it head -_- but thick fat helps with deal with fire and ice attacks \(^__^)/

Mega Charizard X/Y - Both have cool designs, Y with the added wings on the arms and extra horn and X with the new colors and blue flames. Y Drought comes in handy for a boost to fire attacks while X Tough Claws increase physical attacks.

Mega Blastoise - The 3 cannon set up is kinda weird. Mega Launcher isn't very useful since water pulse isn't great.

Mega Alakazam - Super beard and multiple spoons. Trace comes in handy in battles with trainers by getting the opponent's abilities.

Mega Gengar - A mix of Hunter and Gengar with a yellow dot on the forehead. Shadow Tag good to keep a opponent's pokemon from leaving.

Mega Kangaskhan - The baby Kangaskhan just joins the fight and allows for double hits.

Mega Pinsir - Super freaky. Aerilate is cool but my Pinsir mostly knows fighting and bug moves.

Mega Gyarados - Design reminds me of those Japanese fish paintings. Mold Breaker always welcome.

Mega Aerodactyl - Extra horns make it look like the devil. Tough claws benefits it stats.

Mega Mewtwo X/Y X looking like it came from DBZ. Same goes with Y to a degree but looks a lot simpler. Steadfast isn't great mostly because it doesn't happen a lot. Same goes with Insomnia, we're more likely to be attack than throwing out status effects. Mewtwo is already SA heavy so X form isn't very benefiting while Y really does.

Mega Ampharos - Grow hair, well visible hair. Mold Breaker always welcome being Dragon is cool.

Mega Scizor - Looks real awesome with the bulky claws and the blades under them. The V shape head and pointy legs makes for a sharp design. Technician pretty good if you do have moves that are at 60 and below (Metal claw is the only one I kept).

Mega Heracross - Super bulky, making the design a little too big than it should. Skill Link makes those multi hit moves better.

Mega Houndoom - The devil! Solar Power SA goes but but HP goes down D:

Mega Tyranitar - Has a face on it belly! Summons sandstorm, boo!

Mega Blaziken - Really cool kung-fu designs. Super fast.

Mega Gardevoir - So lady like with the big dress like legs. Fairy moves are pretty awesome.

Mega Mawile - It got not one but two mouths on it head! More attack stat!

Mega Aggron - Just got bigger. Filter reduced damage by super-effective moves so that cool. Unless it a SA.

#2 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2603 posts) -

<----

#3 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1490 posts) -

I think I audibly gasped when I saw Mega Kangaskhan, it shocked me so much to see the baby out of the pocket.

#4 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

<----

Now that I think about it, I've always found it weird that Blastoise can just grow these presumably mechanical body parts. What the hell happened to the poor guy? It's not like Voltorb or Magnetite, where they're all mechanical. Wartotle's just minding his own business, and then BAM! Metal shoulder cannons.

#5 Posted by edsone (269 posts) -

I don't think I'll ever use Mega Alakazam. I like the way Abra and Kadabra look much more than both Alazakam and Mega Alakazam. Kadabra should be the final evolution :/ In fact I just pretend it is. Ok, no I don't but I keep a Kadabra. The Alakazam is just for the pokédex entry.

I'm ok with mega gengar though. I like Blastoise more than its mega evolution. Tyranitar didn't need a mega evolution but got one and doesn't look bad. Can't say the same about Mega Scizor. That one was terrible.

#6 Posted by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

Finishing my list

Mega Medicham - Extra arms and a weirder pants? But Pure Power is indeed pure.

Mega Manectric - How does it even move? And why does it have Intimidate?About 100 others have it and Gyarados loses it in the mega Evolution.

Mega Banette - Something about the design is very Final Fantasy. Could be the zippers. Increasing speed on Non-attacking moves could come in handy.

Mega Absol - Something is very emo about it yet kinda cool. Reflect the effect of stat-changing moves, nice.

Mega Garchomp - Now has axes for hands and a more meaner looking face. Sandstorm increase certain moves is pretty good.

Mega Lucario - The usually Lucario design with some nice additional colors. Increase it same type moves is pretty awesome.

Mega Abomasnow - Looks like a very unhappy Abomasnow with ice spikes in it back. Oh great, hailstorm.

#7 Edited by Capum15 (4986 posts) -
@video_game_king said:

@turtlebird95 said:

<----

Now that I think about it, I've always found it weird that Blastoise can just grow these presumably mechanical body parts. What the hell happened to the poor guy? It's not like Voltorb or Magnetite, where they're all mechanical. Wartotle's just minding his own business, and then BAM! Metal shoulder cannons.

Huh, that made me think of another question: Does he mind?

I mean, in a world filled with hundreds and thousands of other animals that can / could / will attack you, or people forcing you to fight, spontaneously growing giant shoulder cannons would be handy.

Though your question is really interesting...are any other Pokemon quite like that? I know Kadabra/Alakazam magic up some spoons when they evolve.

Edit: On topic, I've only Mega Evolved Lucario and Blaziken so far, but I thought both of 'em looked pretty cool. Looking forward to Mega Evolving Gengar and Absol whenever I find their stone things.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@capum15 said:

I mean, in a world filled with hundreds and thousands of other animals

Wait a minute. Are there even animals in the Pokemon world? What criteria separate Pokemon and animals? If there aren't any, does that mean humans are Pokemon, too?

#9 Edited by Capum15 (4986 posts) -
@video_game_king said:

@capum15 said:

I mean, in a world filled with hundreds and thousands of other animals

Wait a minute. Are there even animals in the Pokemon world? What criteria separate Pokemon and animals? If there aren't any, does that mean humans are Pokemon, too?

Oh god, these questions are too much for my mind to comprehend. I do remember Ryan and Patrick coming to the realization in the Pokemon Snap video a good while back that the "Apple shaped food" were pretty much ground up Pokemon.

Just looked up "Food" on Bulbapedia and came across this: "In the original Pokémon games and concept, it seems that most Pokémon were more animal-like. As such, wild Pokémon were originally portrayed as eating one another by some sources, in a very animal-like, prey-predator system."

So...no "animals", just Pokemon?

Edit: Looked further down and there was a small section called "Eating Non-Pokemon Animals", so I don't know anymore.

#10 Edited by SpaceBoat (175 posts) -

I started the game thinking I wouldn't ever use a mega Pokemon, but they grew on me. I really like Mega Absol's design and ability.

Some of them I still don't really know about though, like Mega Gyarados. Gyarados was already cool looking and the mega just looks kind of weird.

#11 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (217 posts) -

I can answer these questions.

In the games the pokedex constantly reference real world animals despite them never actually showing up in game. Elephants come up the most usually to tell you how a pokemon could electrocute or poison them to death. I assume the criteria they use to classify pokemon is probably intelligence or just by how dangerous they are. Also any control over the elements is a dead giveaway.

As far as are human's pokemon well according to a legend from the games at some point in the past pokemon and humans were so similar that used to get married and have children together. So basically yes humans and pokemon share common ancestors. They must have diverged through evolution.

#12 Posted by TheHT (11765 posts) -

Why are there no pictures in this thread?

#14 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3789 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

In the games the pokedex constantly reference real world animals despite them never actually showing up in game. Elephants come up the most usually to tell you how a pokemon could electrocute or poison them to death. I assume the criteria they use to classify pokemon is probably intelligence or just by how dangerous they are. Also any control over the elements is a dead giveaway.

As far as are human's pokemon well according to a legend from the games at some point in the past pokemon and humans were so similar that used to get married and have children together. So basically yes humans and pokemon share common ancestors. They must have diverged through evolution.

Wait... what? People and pokemons... what? WHAT?

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Elephants come up the most usually to tell you how a pokemon could electrocute or poison them to death.

Is it like the Pokemon world equivalent of horsepower? Did some 19th century British guys with bully mustaches and pith helmets watch a Pokemon kill a bunch of elephants until it couldn't kill any more, and then proclaimed, "I say, old chap, this Pokemon has a might worth 39 elephantpower! [SOMETHING HORRIBLY RACIST]"?

So the fan fiction WAS right all along!

#16 Edited by Aegon (5818 posts) -

@i_stay_puft said:

@ryuku_ryosake said:

@video_game_king said:

Which of these fucking game said that? Also pokemon don't get married.

#17 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2603 posts) -

@turtlebird95 said:

<----

One of the greatest mysteries of Pokemon right there.

The greatest of course is how after 18 years Gamefreak still hasn't corrected the Pokedex entry calling Blastoise a shellfish.

#18 Posted by SpaceBoat (175 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's not just elephants, but specifically Indian Elephants. I don't know how much of a difference that makes, but it's so specific there MUST be some science behind it, right??

#19 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (217 posts) -

@aegon said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@ryuku_ryosake said:

@video_game_king said:

It's in the forth gen games at the Canalave Library. The english version says that pokemon and humans used to live in the same village and were indistinguishable from each other. The japanese version however straight up mentions marriage. You can read all of the myths here. They answer al ot of the greater pokemon mysteries.

#20 Posted by Aegon (5818 posts) -

@aegon said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@ryuku_ryosake said:

@video_game_king said:

It's in the forth gen games at the Canalave Library. The english version says that pokemon and humans used to live in the same village and were indistinguishable from each other. The japanese version however straight up mentions marriage. You can read all of the myths here. They answer al ot of the greater pokemon mysteries.

These stories are horrific. Pokemon are food. Pokemon shedding their hides to "sleep as a human". When it awakes, it is now called a human but puts its hide back on to roam villages. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck is going on in these games. Why have I never run into this? I've played quite a few pokemon games.

#21 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3789 posts) -

@aegon said:

@ryuku_ryosake said:

@aegon said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@ryuku_ryosake said:

@video_game_king said:

These stories are horrific. Pokemon are food. Pokemon shedding their hides to "sleep as a human". When it awakes, it is now called a human but puts its hide back on to roam villages. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck is going on in these games. Why have I never run into this? I've played quite a few pokemon games.

Forgot Militank's udders in the new game. It's udder physics are on par with Dead or Alives boob physics.

#22 Posted by Hunter5024 (5958 posts) -

Gamefreak was very good to me when they choose which Pokemon to give Mega Evolutions too. Before this game came out I already used Houndoom, Pinsir, Gyarados, Aggron, Tyranitar, Absol, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Scizor, Aerodactyl, Lucario and Gengar. A few of those are Pokemon I trained because I think they're cool, but they never ended up being very strong, so those are my favorite Mega Evolutions: Houndoom, Pinsir, Aggron, and Absol specifically.

#23 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5977 posts) -

I'm rather fond of Mega Gengar by default, due to Haunter being my favorite Pokemon.

#24 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Gengar's design is pretty good, I like that he takes on a form that more closely resembles his previous stages. Also Pinsir is a Pokemon that's desperately needed an evolution for quite a while and his definitely doesn't disappoint (shame the same can't be said about Heracross). Although Pinsir and Mawile's both feel like they could have simply been regular evolutions.

I like that Aggron becomes completely coated in metal and drops his rock type too.

#25 Posted by NoMoreMutants (64 posts) -

So far I only have mega lucario, mega venosaur and mega blaziken but they all straight up MURDER any pokemon they go up against, while I'm not big on the design mega lucario seems to have been the most effective so far! By the way, are the rest of the mega stones only available post game?

#26 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

So far I only have mega lucario, mega venosaur and mega blaziken but they all straight up MURDER any pokemon they go up against, while I'm not big on the design mega lucario seems to have been the most effective so far! By the way, are the rest of the mega stones only available post game?

You can get the stone for Mega Gengar in Laverre City by talking to an NPC standing outside. (I don't remember which one)

#27 Edited by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

Some can be found right away (Once you gain access to the location). Others are indeed post game by doing a few quest to activate their locations. Here a guide to the general locations http://www.serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

#28 Edited by overnow (292 posts) -

Right now I have mega blaziken, blastoise, venusaur, lucario, gengar, and aerodactyl. I think I'm going to go find an abomasnow/snover next.

The ones I have used the most are Gengar (my current highest lvl) and Blaziken. Currently I only have the Gengar and Venusaur in my party though.

I have yet to beat the game so I can;t get any of the postgame ones. The only pre-postgame stones I don't have are Gardevoir and Charizard (have a Charizard, the store just won't sell me the stone like they did with Venusaur).

#29 Posted by perfectlizardwizard (112 posts) -

My absolute favorite is shiny Gengar, followed by Abomasnow, Lucario and Mawile.