Just got my copy. Ask me anything!

• 62 results
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Does it feel like it's going to be a grindfest? I really hate grinding so I hope it's possible to make good progress just doing the battles that appear before you. Also what is pokerus?

Also also should I start Matt Schaub or Colin Kapernick this week for fantasy football?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

would you rather fight a rapadash sized ducklett or a herd of ducklett sized rapadashes

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By DeeGee

@commisar123:

this is the least grindy game in the series. They've brought back Exp All from Gen 1, except this time it gives 50% of the experience from the battle to the entire team, instead of everyone getting a 1/6 of the experience. So your team is all going to level up at the same pace, no more "oh I need to switch out, my main is getting too strong and leaving everyone behind".

Plus you get experience from catching Pokemon now too.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Buying E-shop version tommorow

Question is, does it look nice?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@alistercat said:

Holy crap. I've never legitimately gotten pokerus in any pokemon game but apparently I caught a pokemon already that has it.

Edit: All my pokemon have it... weird.

Neat, I got Pokerus in the very first game that had it, the first time I played it after beating the third Gym Leader. At the time I didn't know what it was and just assumed it was something that happened to everyone as a story thing that just weirdly never got brought up again.

What's your favorite Bug-type Pokemon?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Niceanims

@commisar123: Pokerus is a random attribute that doubles the amount of Effort Values your Pokemon gets from fighting. EV's boost your Pokemon's stats based on what Pokemon you fight. Four EV's equals one point in any given stat, and a Pokemon will stop gaining EV's in a specific stat when it hits 255 in that stat, and will stop gaining EV's completely once it hits 510 total.

Speaking of EV's, OP, how's super training? Is it true you can get an item that can reset your Pokemon's EV's from it?

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By mattscout007

Here's some info on EVs and super training from a reddit post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1o540r/headsup_to_ev_trainers_in_xy_slight_spoiler/

He answers a question in the comments about the EV resetting item: "I used a Gulpin to test it. I took note of his stats and after leveling him up once he had acquired a total of 8 extra stat points. Reseting him took away 3 of those, putting the total acquired down to 5. So yes, it seems that the reset bag strips your numbers down to its base stats."

So basically, the reset bag item resets the EVs from Super training and the random battle EVs too, which is pretty cool.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#58  Edited By alistercat

@venatio

Buying E-shop version tommorow

Question is, does it look nice?

Very. People who thought this looked like an original DS game or worse are crazy.

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

@mattscout007: Oh neat didn't know about reset bags!

I've been messing with the berry growing in game, you can grow EV reducing berries through planting different berries next to one another.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@commisar123: It's not very grindy but it doesn't feel that different. Greatly sped up by giving you experience when you catch pokemon which speed things up greatly if you're like me and catch a few pokemon in every area, or try and catch every pokemon as you go along.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

do you like breaking the law?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Benny

@alistercat: Things that are blowing my god damn mind so far:

Wonder trade: I just traded a pidgey for a dunsparce named mr glopo from a guy in the netherlands, this system will just have me catching all kinds of random pokemon and trading them through the wonder trade.

Passer by / connectivity stuff: Having random people challenge you to battles based on where you are in the world is also pretty crazy, its so easy to get into a battle with another player over the net now.

Scale in battles: So before it was hard to tell the scale difference between sprites, now with 3D models the size difference between pokemon is immediately apparent, pidgey is dwarfed by dunsparce for example, really weird to see! Can't wait to catch or see an onyx!