#1 Posted by ace1pilot (31 posts) -

I was thinking of using Gengar or Gourgeist but I still not sure witch one to use if any of them or are there better one in the game I have pokemon y

#2 Posted by RonGalaxy (3502 posts) -

Haunter, because he's the coolest!!

#3 Edited by Itwongo (1379 posts) -

Gengar or Aegislash. One has a mega, the other might as well be a mega if you play your cards right.

Plus they're both super fuckin' cool.

Then again, Gourgeist has Trick or Treat and is pretty cute lookin'.

#4 Posted by Zalrus9 (156 posts) -

Yeah, Aegislash is pretty good. That's the one I would use.

Although if you want to be funny, Sableye is pretty mondo...

#5 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12576 posts) -

Aegislash seems pretty good, but let's be real: Y'all want to use Chandelure because it's literally a ghost chandelier.

#6 Posted by overnow (360 posts) -

Gengar is my guy right now. I have him at a higher level than my starter(s). Although at some point I might go back and evolve my doublade into an Aegislash, I just don't have the evo stone to do it yet.

#7 Posted by Jimbo (10153 posts) -

Patrikachu Swayze

#8 Posted by elpurplemonkey (157 posts) -

Aegislash seems exceptionally powerful, and it has the unique Steel/Ghost typing. But it's created from the spirit of a dead person who inhabited a sword? That's weird. I don't want that weirdness in my party. Gengar on the other hand is a ghostly ass ghost. Look at him, he's the kinda dude who would be into all sorts of hijinks. He's also pretty powerful and can mega evolve. That's the guy I want in my party.

#9 Edited by Deadmanforking (583 posts) -

Aegislash hands down. That dude is a beast!

#10 Posted by perfectlizardwizard (115 posts) -

There is nothing better than Mega Gengar, NOTHING.

#11 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6236 posts) -

Haunter is the best ghost pokemon and by association I would say gengar.

#12 Posted by Capum15 (5082 posts) -

I'm rockin' a Haunter named Spooks on my team. He's the sleeper whenever I wanna catch something.

#13 Posted by Jevonsp (22 posts) -

gengar no doubt. in the process of breeding perfect gengars right now.

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (6246 posts) -

Mega Gengar is incredible. I think he will be one of the first pokemon to be nominated for the banned tier. Aegislash is really good as well.

#15 Posted by DystopiaX (5375 posts) -

@capum15 said:

I'm rockin' a Haunter named Spooks on my team. He's the sleeper whenever I wanna catch something.

Just use a Quick Ball. x5 capture rate if used on first turn (just a regular pokeball if not). Can catch most anything on the first turn, no risk of accidentally killing it.

#16 Edited by Capum15 (5082 posts) -

@dystopiax: That would be possible if I was far enough to buy them. I just False Swipe with my Absol and switch to Haunter and sleep (then just toss out Pokeballs, and if it wakes up, just sleep it again). I'm on the 5th gym but haven't done it yet; mostly been grinding money at Le Yeah, interspersed with breeding and berry farming.

I've gotten Le Yeah down pretty well, though I might need to swap out my leads soon because they're almost one-hitting with the smallest damaging moves I can use so it's getting difficult to not kill things. You gotta finish each triple battle in the exact amount of player turns they specify for the best rewards, so even though I can, I get less goodies for one-shot sweeping them.

Though I suppose if I *did* one shot sweep them, I might be able to get through the battles faster and even though I get less monetary rewards per session (in the form of Big Mushrooms, you get 20 for hitting spot-on turns), earn more time-wise. Hmm...I need to test that. Give myself like, 30 minutes or so to try each way.

Edit: Huh, that got away from me. Put it in a spoiler tag to cut down on the size. Also, where does one get the...I assume Gengarite, to Mega Evolve Gengar? I might breed and train another Ghastly/Haunter and find someone to trade back with.

#17 Posted by DystopiaX (5375 posts) -

@capum15 said:

@dystopiax: That would be possible if I was far enough to buy them. I just False Swipe with my Absol and switch to Haunter and sleep (then just toss out Pokeballs, and if it wakes up, just sleep it again). I'm on the 5th gym but haven't done it yet; mostly been grinding money at Le Yeah, interspersed with breeding and berry farming.

I've gotten Le Yeah down pretty well, though I might need to swap out my leads soon because they're almost one-hitting with the smallest damaging moves I can use so it's getting difficult to not kill things. You gotta finish each triple battle in the exact amount of player turns they specify for the best rewards, so even though I can, I get less goodies for one-shot sweeping them.

Though I suppose if I *did* one shot sweep them, I might be able to get through the battles faster and even though I get less monetary rewards per session (in the form of Big Mushrooms, you get 20 for hitting spot-on turns), earn more time-wise. Hmm...I need to test that. Give myself like, 30 minutes or so to try each way.

Edit: Huh, that got away from me. Put it in a spoiler tag to cut down on the size. Also, where does one get the...I assume Gengarite, to Mega Evolve Gengar? I might breed and train another Ghastly/Haunter and find someone to trade back with.

I haven't gotten to the 5th gym yet either. There's a pokeball boutique in Luminose that carries them sometimes (haven't figured out how they rotate yet). Found the Battle Chateau really effective for grinding money; they're all pretty low level there and drop massive quantities of money when you beat them, and new trainers rotate in every hour.

#18 Posted by Capum15 (5082 posts) -

@dystopiax: Oh, well I'll have to go looking for that shop then. Thanks for the tips, as I haven't done much in Lumiose other than grind that restaurant.

#19 Edited by BBAlpert (1786 posts) -

Haunter, because he's the coolest!!

This guy know's what's up.

#20 Posted by bawalo (82 posts) -
@capum15 said:

I'm rockin' a Haunter named Spooks on my team.

No way, me too.

#21 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1056 posts) -

Gengar is literally my favorite pokemon.

But in X/Y the best is probably Aegislash. such a tank/ damage-dealer

#22 Posted by perfectlizardwizard (115 posts) -

White Gengar guys, WHITE.

#23 Posted by Barrabas (339 posts) -

I have a Haunter named "Ghost Dad," and she's the best. Though my Doublade named "Ghost Dad" is also pretty good. That thing was pretty incredible for early game when it was still a Honedge. I did also just get a Litwick named "Ghost Dad," are those any good? Ghost/Fire type seems like it could be fun.

Gengar would probably be my favorite if he wasn't one of those trade to evolve ones. They're the worst. Is it too much to just want my pokemon to evolve by reaching a certain level, or having a magic rock shoved into one of their orifices?

#24 Posted by ajamafalous (12310 posts) -

Aegislash

#25 Posted by Capum15 (5082 posts) -

@bawalo said:

@capum15 said:

I'm rockin' a Haunter named Spooks on my team.

No way, me too.

I don't even know why I named him that. Shadow was already taken by my Absol.

#26 Posted by coaxmetal (1703 posts) -

It's Koffing.

#27 Posted by Red (6146 posts) -

I've been liking my honedge so far, but really, no one can beat gengar.

#28 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

Gengar is the best pokemon, period. PERIOD.

So he automatically wins the Best Ghost Pokemon category.

#29 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (464 posts) -

Uh, Golurk is pretty cool too guys!!! :(

#30 Posted by DarthOrange (4089 posts) -

lol

#31 Posted by Xeiphyer (5678 posts) -

@dystopiax: Not quite as good as sleep, but Absol can learn False Swipe and Thunder Wave, if you're lazy and want to skip the pokemon switching. It got me through the entire game just fine.

#32 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

lol

Sorry, baby. Luigi isn't a Pokemon.

And if he was, he'd be the lamest Pokemon.

He'd be Garbodor.

But seriously, Gengar is my favorite Pokemon by a long shot. He's rad as hell and borderline overpowered.

#33 Posted by DarthOrange (4089 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

lol

He'd be Garbodor.

But seriously, Gengar is my favorite Pokemon by a long shot. He's rad as hell and borderline overpowered.

Pft. Everyone knows that Shuckle is the greatest Pokemon ever.

#34 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@darthorange said:

@mariachimacabre said:

lol

He'd be Garbodor.

Pft. Everyone knows that Shuckle is the greatest Pokemon ever.

Oh, I assumed that was an unspoken truth. "Best Pokemon Ever (Besides Shuckle)"