• 91 results
#1 Posted by kerse (2117 posts) -

I haven't even reached the second gym and already have 70 pokemon seen in my pokedex; this game has so many more available than any other pokemon game I can think of. This is amazing for someone like me who will play through the game, finish it and do everything I wanna do and then immediately start over and make a completely different team. Definitely allows for a whole lot more variation, so I was wondering what everyone's teams look like right now, feel free to include levels and where you're at in the game.

Mine is currently:
Frogadier (lv. 25)

Charmeleon (lv. 25)

Ralts (lv. 17)

Pancham (lv. 21)

Zubat (lv. 15)

and the last spot I'm planning on using Tyrunt.

I really like the exp share in this game, but at the same time it is kind've annoying me because the more I try and catch my other pokemon up the more my 2 starters pull ahead lol. I know I can turn it off, but that would be like throwing free exp. away.

#2 Posted by alanm26v5 (460 posts) -

I think I'm probably near the same spot as you. Right now my team is:

Quilladin - 26

Fletchinder - 24

Litleo - 25

Riolu -22

Vivillion - 17

Panpour - 18

#3 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11934 posts) -

Quilladin - 31

Charmeleon - 29

Alakazam - 27

Floette - 27

Golbat - 23

Vaporeon - 22

I'll give the game this much: It sure doesn't lack for variety in terms of what I can catch.

#4 Posted by redyoshi (186 posts) -

I'm just about to get a fossil.

Frogadier - 28

Charmeleon - 27

Pancham - 25

Floette - 25

Bagon - 11

Inkay - 17

Pancham is friggin' adorable.

#5 Posted by crusader8463 (14425 posts) -

Quilladin, Charmilian, Alakazam, and Pikachu. Really not digging any of the pokemon I have come across to try and flesh out my party. Weirdly enough though, I have this weird urge this time around to not leave a section until I have caught all the pokemon that spawn there. It's really slowed the game down for me and I'm always way over leveled for stuff as a result.

#6 Edited by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

Grr, I won't be able to get the game for at least a couple more days. When I do however I'll do like I did in Black 2 and eventually phase out all other Pokemon in favor of an all bug team. I hope there's a good amount of them.

#7 Posted by MEATBALL (3345 posts) -

Chesnaught - 54

Talonflame - 53

Doublade - 52

Tyrantrum - 53

Blastoise/Mega Blastoise - 53

Halwucha - 53 (Hawlucha is my new all-time favourite, so so awesome!)

#8 Edited by DarkShaper (1341 posts) -

Delphox - 47

Jolteon - 44

Floette - 46

Pangoro - 45

Haunter - 31 (Got him like 5 minutes ago)

#9 Posted by kerse (2117 posts) -

Grr, I won't be able to get the game for at least a couple more days. When I do however I'll do like I did in Black 2 and eventually phase out all other Pokemon in favor of an all bug team. I hope there's a good amount of them.

There are a ton of them in the game, you can probably get a team of at least 4 or 5 of them before the second gym.

#10 Posted by Optix12 (621 posts) -

I think im in the same area as you.
Charmeleon, Pikachu, Frogadier, Pancham (im using him for the outer world abilities like rock smash and cut) azurill and a mothim i may switch out

#11 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu Pikachu

#12 Edited by Karkarov (3196 posts) -

Updato! Not as early still a ways to go...

Delphox - 43

Raichu - 42

Absol - 41

Lucario - 40

Doublade - 43

Meowstic - 41

Plan to eventually replace Raichu with Ampharos, not sure if I will stick with Lucario or not. Kinda want to get a gengarr.

#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5842 posts) -

Braixen - 30

Honedge - 5

Wartortle - 27

Vivillion - 25

Helioptile - 20

Tyrunt 0 21

I kind of try to make a team of only new Pokemon, because I've trained pretty much all the older ones I care about. That's why there's such a big discrepancy in levels, I was picky and only recently got a couple of the ones I wanted. When someone trades me a Clauncher I'm going to switch out Wartortle, and I'll probably trade Vivillion for something that can fly when I get that HM. High plains version is my least favorite anyways, now if someone wants to trade me Sun or Ocean, then we'll talk Vivillion.

#14 Edited by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

@kerse: Great! I'm psyched!

I've heard it mentioned that both Weedle and Caterpie can be found in the beginning, I think I'm ready to have a Beedrill as a mainstay but I never wanna train another Butterfree in my life.

#15 Posted by TruthTellah (9363 posts) -

I just started out and am about to take on the first gym leader. I got a new flower for my hat, and a bunch of people online gave me items and said I looked Nice.

My team consists of:

Fenny the Fennekin,

Ziggy the ZigZagoon,

Fletcher the Fletchling,

Pango the Pansage,

Bunnels the Bunnelby , and

Gary Weetta the Weedle.

#16 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

Quilladin, Charmilian, Alakazam, and Pikachu. Really not digging any of the pokemon I have come across to try and flesh out my party. Weirdly enough though, I have this weird urge this time around to not leave a section until I have caught all the pokemon that spawn there. It's really slowed the game down for me and I'm always way over leveled for stuff as a result.

That's fucking weird I'm doing the exact same thing and never in any of the last games have I ever felt that urge.

My team so far is Frogadier, Pikachu, Pidgeotto, and I'm thinking between Charmander or the Torchic you get from the mystery gift.

#17 Edited by Lumley (962 posts) -

I'm currently rocking this team:

Greninja - 41

Charizard - 41

Doublade - 38

Lucario - 36

Tyrunt - 37

Blaziken - 42

And I've got a lvl 40 Farfetch'd that I've been using on and off. Probably going to ditch Blaziken soon for an electric or psychic type , there's no need in me using 2 fire and 2 fighting Pokemon.

#18 Edited by DystopiaX (5338 posts) -

Around where you are:
Pancham

Kirlia

Braixen

Ivysaur

Snorlax

Tyrunt

#19 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

I'm playing Pokémon Y, and I've just been through the Glittering Cave. My team is as follows:

• Frogadier (lv30)
  • Ivysaur (lv30)
  • Combusken (lv33)
  • Pikachu (lv29)
  • Vivillon (lv30)
  • Axew (lv 16)

As others have said, the quantity and variety of Pokémon available is staggering. Right from the off I found myself switching different Pokémon in and out of my team constantly, and even now I'm pretty sure at least half of these guys won't be in my final six. Really looking forward to continuing my journey through Kalos and seeing what other kinds of Pokémon are out there.

#20 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

To help make the game more challenging, I'm currently switching between 2 full teams whenever one starts getting to a higher level than the local trainers.

My "A" Team:

• Frogadier - Lv.25
  • Fletchinder - Lv.24
  • Litleo - Lv.23
  • Steelix - Lv.24
  • Ivysaur - Lv.23
  • Pancham - Lv.17

My "B" Team:

• Alakazam - Lv.27
  • Honedge - Lv.24
  • Tyrunt - Lv.21
  • Snorlax - Lv.22
  • Golett - Lv.21
  • Combusken - Lv.20

It's working like a charm! (I am now completely under-levelled)

#21 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

Garchomp - L48

Blaziken - L46

Lucario - L46

Gardevoir - L44

Goomy - L38

Dragalge - L48

Team of cold killers and one I may end up replacing with tyranitar (goomy) can't see myself having much trouble with the late game with this squad (currently got 6 badges)

#22 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

The only dudes I've used regularly are Beedrill, Doublade and Vivillon. I feel like going with a bug heavy team, looking to add a Ninjask and Scolipede to the crew soon.

The mix of old and new is just great this time around.

#23 Edited by ch3burashka (5130 posts) -

Metapod - 6

Metapod - 6

Those Bug Catchers must know something we don't.

#24 Posted by DonChipotle (2787 posts) -

I'm rolling with:

Serena the Delphox (47)

Jihyo the Pangoro (56)

Zaria the Dragalge (50)

Samune the Doublade (54)

Kwangsoo the Aurous (45)

Goht the Gogoat (43)

I am currently on my way towards what I assume to be the town with the sixth gym. I maybe should not have done the two star restaurant to EXP share grind the three gen one starters I got from the GTS but well...it happened.

#25 Edited by Zalrus9 (112 posts) -

Pinter the Charizard (40)

Jarry the Greninja (40)

Kushner the Meditite (28)

Kane the Scoliopede (39)

Ruhl the Floette (34)

Brecht the Turantum (39)

If anybody can guess the naming scheme, they get a gold star. I also have O'Neil the Umbreon on hand at level 34.

#26 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Greninja - 40

Charizard - 37

Meowstic - 38

Pangoro - 35

Bellossom - 29

Sylveon - 33

I intend to drop Fletchinder at some point for Bellossom whenever I find a damn sun stone. Updated with what is probably my final team.

#27 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -
#28 Posted by 49th (2790 posts) -

I feel like if I ever play Pokemon again I would do the nuzlocke challenge.

#29 Posted by Kain55 (133 posts) -

Frogadier - 17

Combusken - 18

Bulbasaur - 11 Just got him.

Pikachu - 15

Beedrill - 12

Pidgey - 15 I'm trying to find a less boring flying type but am failing at the moment.

I already have a ton of Pokemon sitting in my box. I like how many they have out there to catch so early.

#30 Posted by ImpurestClub (4 posts) -

Currently running with:

• Charizard - Lv.59
  • Pikachu - Lv.55
  • Pidgeot - Lv.56
  • Lucario - Lv.52
  • Greninja - Lv.55
  • Tyrantrum - Lv.56

Searching for an electric type that isn't as much of a glass cannon as Pikachu, but haven't come across anything yet.

#31 Posted by Zalrus9 (112 posts) -

@49th said:

I feel like if I ever play Pokemon again I would do the nuzlocke challenge.

Yeah! That's the way to go! Love me some Nuzlocke!

#32 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I don't even remember really but I definitely am using Squirtle, Pikachu, and the fire starter. I also just got that karate fox looking thing.

#33 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@impurestclub: evolving it would help, slightly.

I went with:

• Talonflame
  • Aeigislash
  • Meowstic
  • Heliolisk
  • Aurorus
  • Greninja

All stupidly overpowered by the time I got to the Pokemon League, which was probably the most disappointing part of the game. Difficulty select, please?

#34 Posted by ImpurestClub (4 posts) -

@wintersnowblind: Been thinking about that, but haven't been able to get my hands on a thunderstone yet. I might also try and track down an Eelektross as a replacement (or suck it up and teach another pokemon thunderbolt).

#35 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Greninja, Charizard, Golurk, Sail Fossil Dino, Gardevoir, Pikachu (with Eviolite).

I was considering switching Pikachu for Lucario but I can't...they put way too much effort into his voice and animations.

#36 Posted by TheMasterDS (2090 posts) -

I don't have the levels on me but my team is currently...

Chestnaught

Talonflame

Azumarill

Doublade

Marowak

Tyrunt

Currently thinking gee, it would be nice if someone could learn something with thunder. All I got to answer flying types are stones. Have to think about it, I quite like all these guys except maybe Tyrunt who I could take or leave.

#37 Posted by NegativeCero (3014 posts) -

Frogadier Level 16

Riolu lvl 17

Fletchinder lvl 17

#38 Posted by Iodine (549 posts) -

Currently on route 11

• Amaura - Level 28 (Oh my god he is the best)
  • Frogadier - Level 33 (Brokie is best Bro)
  • Lucario- Level 31 (Friendship)
  • Honedge- level 29 (Eh, I get why he will end up being good, I just am not a huge fan, will likely be swapped out next)
  • Charmeleon- Level 30
  • Fletchider- Level 30 (I havent used her in a while since she levels up so fast, will likely get swapped soon)
#39 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (307 posts) -

Just got my third badge, and I'm rolling with:

• Snorlax
  • Alakazam
  • Golett
  • Ferroseed
  • Tyrunt
  • Pancham

I really was surprised by how unorthodox this team turned out but I'm freaking loving it so far. I don't run into much stuff that gives me trouble and all the weird typing combos give my team a stupid amount of resistances. Ferroseed alone has 10 with only 2 weaknesses, which is radical. Pancham will be Pangoro in 1 level, Tyrunt & Golett both have 6 to become Tyrantrum and Golurk respectively, and then comes the long grind of getting Ferroseed all the way from lvl 25 to 40 to evolve him into Ferrothorn. I'm sure I'll keep changing stuff around (I've got a benched Chesnaught, Charizard, Beedrill, and am interested in bringing in Honedge if he'll fit) but I'm really happy with this team so far. Loving the game's diversity of Pokemon.

#40 Posted by razzdrazz (65 posts) -

Pikachu

Taft the Snorlax

Joan of Arc the Delphox

Bonaparte the Tyrunt

Socrates the Wartortle

Gertrude the Fletchinder

I only have three badges, so this will probably change. Probably going to swap out Fletchinder for Hawlucha and Snorlax for somebody else. I need a good grass type. Any suggestions?

#41 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (307 posts) -

@razzdrazz: Ferrothoooooooorn. Steel/Grass. He has a billion resistances and learns power whip, which is a really strong physical grass attack. He's awesome. 4x weak to fire & 2x weak to fighting, but resistant to more or less everything else

#42 Posted by yami4ct (156 posts) -

Spent more time team building than playing the actual game. Haha. Right now, this what I'm looking at.

Rotom-W:

Bulky water. Volt switcher. Deal with fire threats.

Aegislash:

Unique typing makes it annoying to kill. Secondary physical sweeper.

Jolteon:

Special revenge killer. Covers other typing my team can't normally deal with.

Mega Blaziken:

Main sweeping threat. My team's mega

Sylveon:

Special wall and dragon slayer.

Ferrothorn:

Physical wall and secondary special wall. Slowly chip away at opponent's physical threats. Set up stealth rock.

#43 Edited by Quid_Pro_Bono (307 posts) -

For those of us up there, is having a Mega on the team really necessary? If it's worth it I'll make a slot but I'm not 100% sure it'd make that much of a difference, but then again I haven't used any of them.

Edit: Wellll shit. I guess, nevermind, because apparently there's a Mega Alakazam? Also he looks awesome: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/065.shtml#mega

#44 Posted by yami4ct (156 posts) -

For those of us up there, is having a Mega on the team really necessary? If it's worth it I'll make a slot but I'm not 100% sure it'd make that much of a difference, but then again I haven't used any of them.

Depends on the Mega. In general, it's useful to have one. A lot of Megas like Gengar and Blaziken have obvious advantages over their base form, even taking losing an item into account. Basically, yes. It's worth making room for the one mega you're allowed to have on a team.

#45 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (307 posts) -

@yami4ct: Yeah, I know Mega Gengar has a crazy good ability, and I'm assuming the stat buffs are extreme.

#46 Posted by yami4ct (156 posts) -

@yami4ct: Yeah, I know Mega Gengar has a crazy good ability, and I'm assuming the stat buffs are extreme.

It'll take time to see which megas shake out. Most provide interesting alternate options to standard sets. There's a big discussion on mega viability on Smogon right now. Some are sure bets to see play, like Gengar. Others are not as sure. Pretty much across the board stat buffs don't always outweigh the bigger stat buffs a hold item might provide.

#47 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (307 posts) -

@yami4ct: Yeah I'm not too up on all the high level play stuff - in fact catching and recatching my Ferroseed and Golett until I wound up with good natures and abilities is definitely the farthest I've ever gone down the rabbit-hole that is the Pokemon endgame. I'm excited to see what Mega Alakazam is like, because he's always been one of my favorite Pokemon aesthetically.

#48 Posted by Dracomaster01 (77 posts) -

Greninja (Serona) lv. 37

Venusaur (Hodor) lv. 38

Talonflame (Hotwing) lv. 38

Pyroar (Nala) lv. 36

Helioptile (M, I fucked up when writing it) lv. 31

Amaura (Littlefoot) lv. 35

#49 Posted by Petiew (1353 posts) -

I'm using Delphox (65), Venasaur (65) and Scrafty (65). Got through the first 7 gyms so far using only those three guys. I have Wobbuffet, Ninjask and Jumpluff almost at the same level, but never use them.

#50 Posted by Alexc26 (2 posts) -

I've only got four Pokemon at the moment, roughly level 10, Chespin, PIkachu, Torchic, Pidgey, I've only just got the first badge and am on Route 3 (or 4? can't remember).

The way I've played Pokemon games previously, is I would have a specific team, and usually run with that unless I find a better pokemon I want to replace one of my current ones, but with the amount of pokemon available in this one, I'm tempted to just have more than 6 that I like and put them in certain box in the PC, for me to switch out now and then, rather than sticking with just 6.

Not sure how much effort that will take though having to train more than 6 Pokemon, but to me it seems a better idea due to how many great Pokemon are available.