• 85 results
Posted by DarthOrange (3868 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Which Pokemon are you planning to start with? (284 votes)

Chespin 17%
Fennekin 27%
Froakie 38%
I CAN"T DECIDE! 10%
I care about Pokemon but I care enough to see the results. 8%

#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3868 posts) -

Fuck me I meant to put don't care about pokemon in the last option :(

#2 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2363 posts) -

When I don't like any of them (like right now) I default to the fire type.

#3 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5808 posts) -

I always start with the water type.

Edit: Now that I know we get two starters, I'm going with Froakie and Charmander.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Froakie is clearly the best. Fennekin is my favorite design but a fire type fox has been done before and vulpix is cooler. I bet chespin has bad evolution. Grass types usually get less cool looking in final form.

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

I always go with fire the first time through. I'm just used to it I guess.

Chespin looks pretty sweet though.

#6 Posted by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

I can't decide so whatever my brother picks I'll just pick the type better than it.

#7 Posted by JackSukeru (5922 posts) -

I haven't been into a water starter before, as I find most water pokemon boring, but Froakie is a frog and I like frogs. I also like saying Froakie.

Froakie~

#8 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3430 posts) -

Ugh Pokemon used to be so cool once upon a time. What are these?

#9 Posted by coaxmetal (1641 posts) -

koffing

#10 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2363 posts) -

We grew up is what happened. I bet you would be saying the same thing if this gen's and gen 1 starters were flipped.

#11 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3430 posts) -

@oscar__explosion said:

@geraltitude said:

We grew up is what happened. I bet you would be saying the same thing if this gen's and gen 1 starters were flipped.

lol yeah I know, I'm mostly kidding.

Mostly.

The art isn't the same though. The simple, mostly-based on animal drawings are far different than the ones today. The animal vs. creature difference is the biggest stylistic change, but most pokemon really are just more friendly/cute looking than they used to be. If you don't believe me line up all the generations of cards and look at them yourself :D the difference is plain as day.

Key Word: BRUTAL

#12 Posted by shinboy630 (1163 posts) -

Fire starter 4 lyfe

#13 Posted by Nev (556 posts) -

I tend to go with the Fire type with my starter, but I'm digging the look of Chespin, so I dunno, I may go Grass this time.

#14 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Froakie is a baller.

#16 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I care about Pokémon, but not these shitty Pokémon.

#17 Posted by Nux (2383 posts) -

I believe grass is next in my rotation so grass it is.

#18 Posted by DeeGee (2141 posts) -

I will pick a frog over anything ever.

#19 Posted by Hunter5024 (5821 posts) -

Since they usually evolve after only a couple of hours, I'm waiting until I see their evolutions to decide. Of those 3 I think Froakie is the coolest, but Snivy was the coolest last time and he ended up with the worst of the three final forms.

#20 Posted by StrainedEyes (1326 posts) -

I always start with the grass type. Though I prefer to find a way to, as soon as possible, get all three into one game and use them all for my team.

#21 Posted by DeadeyeMcCoy (258 posts) -

Fire every time, and Fennekin looks alright. Though I usually make some Pokemon I catch into my "main" since I'm such a special snowflake.

#22 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Probably either Fennekin or Froakie. Depends partly upon what other fire/water types will be available to fill out my team.

#23 Posted by Kaiserreich (711 posts) -

Charmander

#24 Posted by Marokai (3066 posts) -

As I've grown I've started to default more to the water type starter, as fire pokemon are weirdly situational a lot of the time and not as useful as you would be led to believe, and grass pokemon tend to be the most common type. Water pokemon tend to be the sort of pokemon you have to go out of your way to capture, so I just default to the water type.

#25 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I'll wait to see the evolutions, but I'm leaning toward the fire fox. Chespin is still in the running, though.

#26 Posted by Lumley (962 posts) -

Froakie or Fennekin, depends on the evolutions I guess

#27 Posted by ajamafalous (12040 posts) -

Frog looks dope

#28 Posted by ModernAlkemie (367 posts) -

The one that's giving the Nazi salute.

#29 Posted by RecSpec (3853 posts) -

Ever since Ruby I've always dumped the starter in the PC and played without it.

#30 Posted by RecSpec (3853 posts) -

Ever since Ruby I've always dumped the starter in the PC and played without it.

#31 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1380 posts) -
#32 Edited by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

I picked Chespin but meant Fennekin. Always pick the fire starter first.

#33 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

I picked Chespin but meant Fennekin. Always pick the fire starter first.

#34 Posted by DarthOrange (3868 posts) -
#35 Posted by NoMoreMutants (59 posts) -

Frogs are cool guys! Although I'm planning on trading with a friend of mine to get all three starters at the start anyway. My rival is in for a big surprise...

#37 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2497 posts) -

Froakie because I'm into herpetology. Even if I wasn't it still looks the coolest.

#38 Posted by Dethfish (3686 posts) -

How can you not choose Froakie? Look at him. Also, I always find the early game way easier with a water starter.

My problem with the past few generations starter pokemon is that most of them look fine in their first form but evolve into something that looks way dumber. They should just keep things more simple.

#39 Posted by Vuud (2033 posts) -

Water is the safest route. Back in the day I always picked Bulbasaur though.

#40 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@dethfish: I think Emboar looks pretty awesome...

#41 Posted by Vessel28 (120 posts) -

I usually always go water but with rumours of Fennekin becoming Fire/Psychic after evolution and Froakie Water/Fighting, it will probably be Fennekin for me. Chespin becoming Grass/Dark will be pretty cool though, it's just I never choose grass.

#42 Posted by vikingdeath1 (983 posts) -

Water Frog yo

#43 Edited by MentalDisruption (1645 posts) -

I always go with the fire because I like fire and there's a supreme lack of fire pokemon being available in the wild most of the time. I'm just glad that the fire starter looks pretty good this time. Hopefully it evolves well.

#44 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

I dislike them all. I will just grab my Charmander and say fuck the rest. I beat all the original trainers with just my charmander as a kid. The first two gyms is a big kick in the nuts for fire type, but once you get past it you are golden.

#45 Posted by Spoonman671 (4700 posts) -

Pignite!

#46 Posted by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

Chesnaught or Greninja

#47 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Fennekin, bitches.

#48 Edited by 49th (2785 posts) -

Even though grass pokemon are shit I would go with the grass one, it looks marginally less bad. I'm not going to play the new game though.

#49 Posted by DonChipotle (2785 posts) -

Fennekin the Witch, yo.

#50 Posted by Vuud (2033 posts) -

Froakie. The other two look kind of dumb. And that's usually how I base these decisions.