#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3813 posts) -

This Exclusive PS3 Title from Sony japan looks pretty solid. No it is not The last guardian. Sony japan always bring a delight to gamers and puppeteer is no different. Here are the reviews for this game.

IGN – 8.5/10

PlayStation Lifestyle – 7/10

GodisaGeek – 9/10

Venturebeat – 90/100

OPM – 8/10

Vandal – 9/10

ShopTo – No Score

InsideGames – 82/100

Games.ch – 87/100

Metro - 8/10

EGM - 9/10

Gametrailers - 8.7/10

Gamespot - 9/10

Will you be picking up this game ? It will be coming out next week for North america and europe.

#2 Posted by Soap (3561 posts) -
#3 Edited by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

I REALLY wanna pick this game up, but I SUCK at platformers, so I'm afraid I'm gonna play it for a few hours, start rage'ing, and end up never play it again..

#4 Posted by Marokai (2790 posts) -

But is it better than Brothers?

#5 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

"Eurogamer 6/10"

Why am I even surprised?

#6 Edited by Christoffer (1742 posts) -

@marokai said:

But is it better than Brothers?

It can be. But if that's the case, 9 other games this year couldn't be. It's just math.

#7 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

I REALLY wanna pick this game up, but I SUCK at platformers, so I'm afraid I'm gonna play it for a few hours, start rage'ing, and end up never play it again..

You and me, buddy. Might be worth trying the demo beforehand. I may just buy it and play it on casual/easy just to enjoy the art if normal difficult drives me up the wall.

#8 Posted by Vanick (312 posts) -

Really looking forward to playing this. Hopefully I can finish it before GTAV comes out.

#9 Posted by Carryboy (627 posts) -

Didnt like the Demo one bit.

#10 Posted by Sergio (2037 posts) -

I checked it out at PAX. Even though I got stuck playing the 3D demo, I still enjoyed it. I'll eventually pick this up - too many games right now.

#11 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4674 posts) -

"Another Solid Ps3 exclusive". According to these reviewers at least.

#12 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2284 posts) -

I completely forgot about this game's existence.

#13 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

Damn exclusives. I wish I had a PS3 right now.

#14 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

I can't wait to play this but it'll be a while since I'm poor. :|

#15 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

I played the Japanese demo and that shit was cray. 10/10 will buy.

#16 Edited by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

@phantomgardener said:

may just buy it and play it on casual/easy just to enjoy the art if normal difficult drives me up the wall.

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing the same thing.

#17 Posted by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

I think I recall seeing a short video of this during E3, but I don't think I've seen a single thing since.

#18 Edited by project343 (2809 posts) -

As much as I love everything going on with this game, I feel like it'll only sell 100,000 copies.

#19 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -
#20 Posted by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

As much as I love everything going on with this game, I feel like it'll only sell 100,000 copies.

So that keeps you from picking up the game yourself then, or?..

#21 Posted by Faltru (107 posts) -

I really hope to see a quick look of this game.

#22 Posted by ThunderSlash (1512 posts) -

I thought that this thread was gonna be about that puppet thing Media Molecule showed off during E3.

#23 Posted by csl316 (7979 posts) -

I kept thinking it's a downloadable game, but turns out it's $40 retail. Ah well, picking it up anyway!

#24 Edited by Glottery (1100 posts) -

@csl316 said:

I kept thinking it's a downloadable game, but turns out it's $40 retail. Ah well, picking it up anyway!

Well, you can still buy it from the Store with that price, soooo, it sorta is...anyways, enjoyed the demo quite a bit and the price being 30 euros lower than PS3 games usually are made my decision quite easy. Something new to play before GTA V, yay!

#25 Posted by Morningstar (2127 posts) -

Can't wait to play it!

#26 Posted by JayEH (516 posts) -

Sony has done a terrible job marketing this. I didn't even know this was coming out on tuesday.

#27 Posted by Svenzon (711 posts) -

The demo didn't do it one bit for me. It felt like it was trying too hard to be quirky and funny, which is a sure-fire way to be neither of those things. Kinda like Tim Burton's later movies.

#28 Posted by csl316 (7979 posts) -

I need to know how similar this is to Dynamite Headdy (one of my favorite Genesis games). Head abilities, puppets... I sense some inspiration but haven't tried the demo.

#29 Posted by Humanity (8715 posts) -

Parts of it look really interesting and visually impressive while others parts look terrible from a gameplay perspective.

Either way, it can hardly be better than Brothers.

#30 Posted by Terjay (809 posts) -

Does the game have stereoscopic 3D support?

#31 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Joystiq just put up their review, 4.5/5

#32 Posted by Glottery (1100 posts) -

I'm (even more, after the demo) in love with this game's visual design, if something. Great to see a game like this still popping up on PS3 at this point still. Gameplay itself feels good as well and the story seems enjoyable and...what's the word...cozy, non-serious? In other words, something I enjoy sinking into before GTA V arrives with it's dark humour and drama.

#33 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Polygon gave it a 6/10.

On the other hand, for a PS exclusive reviewed by Arthur Gies, that's probably skewing a little high for them.

#34 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@krakn3dfx: Anything almost anything Japanese gets a 2 point deduction on Polygon. Especially if it's a Sony exclusive. Then again, they got $750K USD to from MS to kickstart their site via a documentary.

#35 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (457 posts) -

Loving this game, personally.

#36 Posted by Marokai (2790 posts) -

Puppeteer just didn't have the secret sauce.

#37 Posted by SaintOfKillers (60 posts) -

Wow, for some reason i always thought this was a PS Vita game.

#38 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2860 posts) -

Only Eurolamer and Polymom had complaints and both reviews are hilarious to read after playing the game.

#39 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2955 posts) -

I'll hold off... I really hate to admit this but I'm holding out to see if sooner or later PSN+ subscribers will be able to get this game in some sort of deal whether it'd be a discount or free download of it. Besides I think I'm tapped out after purchasing GTA V and Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate for the month.

#40 Posted by MormonWarrior (2530 posts) -

The Polygon review mentioned what I was afraid of after only playing the first stage...it never shuts up! I turned off the narration to hopefully get rid of some of the horribly obnoxious annoyance but then it got rid of cutscene dialogue too. I'm gonna play more of it but it's just not anywhere near as good as Rayman Legends, which I'm already deep into.

But holy crap does that flying cat thing ever need to shut up. I hate it when games won't stop talking to you. That and the overbearing handholdy nature of it killed any and all enjoyment of Skyward Sword for me too.

#41 Edited by MEATBALL (3017 posts) -

The Polygon review mentioned what I was afraid of after only playing the first stage...it never shuts up! I turned off the narration to hopefully get rid of some of the horribly obnoxious annoyance but then it got rid of cutscene dialogue too. I'm gonna play more of it but it's just not anywhere near as good as Rayman Legends, which I'm already deep into.

But holy crap does that flying cat thing ever need to shut up. I hate it when games won't stop talking to you. That and the overbearing handholdy nature of it killed any and all enjoyment of Skyward Sword for me too.

Yeah, I just don't like the game. It's extremely longwinded, and there's not really anything enjoyable about the writing to make up for it. I feel like I'm just going through the motions while making my way through levels, the game just isn't particularly interesting to play for the most part. Boss fights are typically fun, at least.

For such a visually incredible and creative game it's disappointing just how completely boring so much about it is. I don't think I can even be bothered finishing the game. It's funny, the game is technically sound, the game itself isn't even bad - yet I'm not enjoying it as much as something heavily flawed like The Bureau (mentioned only because it was another game I had to play at the time).

I've found Puppeteer to probably be the most disappointing game I've played this year, I thought it looked potentially incredible, I loved everything I'd seen of it, but instead it's just thoroughly mediocre with nothing interesting about it beyond its visuals. Average scores like a 6 seem pretty spot on.