This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ev_rowe (67 posts) -

Alright, here are hints for 9 of the possible games for this quest. The important thing here is that the game had to come out a (long) while after the movie, and is usually a sequel, a reboot, or a retelling of the original.

1. This game-based sequel to the original journey to the Game Grid is officially NOT canon. Nor does it feature Jeff Bridges. 
2. This famous spy sends his warmest regards from the motherland. 
3. Who you gonna call!? 
4 & 5. He'll make you an offer you can't refuse (on two platforms!) 
6. Bruce campbell + chainsaw + shotgun 
7. DUN DUN…DUN DUN…holy CRAP that's a big shark! 
8. Rockstar remade this cult 70's classic film into a game a few years back 
9. John Travolta. Dancing. The 50's. Some sort of well-oiled lightning. 

Some hints for alternate titles: 
10. Quentin Tarantino's film about a heist gone horribly wrong 
11.  Vin Diesel starred in this game involving eye shine  (from Burn1n9m4n) 
12.  SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!! (from Badfysh and oscar)

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Another alternate title: Snatcher ripped off the hell out of this game.

#3 Posted by 1960sSpiderman (20 posts) -

Dick Jones.

#4 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

thanx

#5 Edited by leadthallium (46 posts) -
@ev_rowe: 
 wrong movie for 9
 #9 a musical,think slick hair.
#10 mr.brown,mr.white,mr.blonde,mr.blue,mr.orange,and mr.pink

edit : wait your rite i  was think of the other john travolta movie  where he dances  with uma,so my hint is for #10 not #9.
#6 Posted by ev_rowe (67 posts) -
@leadthallium: Same movie ;-)
#7 Posted by leadthallium (46 posts) -
@ev_rowe: 
no its not one has ving rhames the other does not.
#8 Posted by ev_rowe (67 posts) -
@leadthallium: That statement is true, but it has nothing to do with the hints. Think about the plot of the movie…what happens in the story that gets Mr. Orange, Mr. Brown, Mr. White, Mr. Orange, Mr. Pink and Mr. Blue into their crappy situation?
#9 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -
@ev_rowe: Oh man, you just saved me hours of keyboard punching. Thanks.
#10 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -
@ev_rowe:  Thanks, man. Those clues were a big help. :)
#11 Posted by leadthallium (46 posts) -

Also,there is a concept page that makes this fairly easy.

#12 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Can someone give me any different hints for 4 and 5?  I'm having trouble with those

#13 Posted by Killroycantkill (1400 posts) -

Arg I just need one more! So annoying!

#14 Posted by Badfysh (30 posts) -

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!! another hint for one of um

#15 Edited by oscar (100 posts) -

Another clue: Say hello to my little friend!

Edit: goddamnit! I should have refreshed first!

#16 Posted by billmcneal (278 posts) -

this part of the quest was hard until these clues showed up. Thanks! It would have taken me three times as long to do it without the hints
#17 Posted by Herman30 (37 posts) -
@ev_rowe:  Thanks for those hints, managed to get all 9 in record time :).
#18 Posted by ProjekD (12 posts) -

4 through 7 wont work for me am I doing something wrong

#19 Posted by ev_rowe (67 posts) -
@ProjekD: There are multiple games that might match each of those hints, but generally speaking (except for 4 and 5), only one is actually 'correct.' I would suggest visiting the franchise pages for each of those and then visiting each of the games listed under the franchise until you find the right one :)
#20 Posted by Josiah_X (41 posts) -
@ev_rowe: Thanks for all the hints. 
@Badfysh:  That one helped to thanks
#21 Posted by ProjekD (12 posts) -

Finally done thanks ev_rowe

#22 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (642 posts) -
@ev_rowe:
Best hints I've ever read. Had no problem.
#23 Posted by Burn1n9m4n (261 posts) -

Here's a hint for another alternate.  

Vin Diesel starred in this game involving eye shine

#24 Edited by supermike6 (3556 posts) -

I have all of them except one. I got one of the games for 4 and 5, but the other platform doesn't work. What's up with that? 

EDIT: Never mind, I got another one. Thanks for the hints!

#25 Posted by ev_rowe (67 posts) -
@supermike6: Not sure. If 'the other platform' you're talking about boasts a whole ton of waggle, then maybe they turned that one off or something. Who knows. There's some good alternate options in this thread, though. I'm going to add them to the original post.
#26 Posted by FalseDeity (229 posts) -

Not sure if I understand the quest set exactly but I would think that Goldeneye: Rouge Agent or 007 Goldeneye would've been applicable.

#27 Posted by ceego (10 posts) -

I finally got them all! 

Another hint:

Maverick and goose feel the need! 

#28 Posted by ev_rowe (67 posts) -
@FalseDeity: Yeah I tried both of those and neither worked, thought it was fairly weird, especially the newer one.
#29 Posted by is343 (106 posts) -

another hit I haven't seen up:   It takes you to the danger zone.

#30 Posted by FalseDeity (229 posts) -

The hint for Riddick should probably be removed as well, I couldn't get that to work.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

The Vin Diesel clue did not work for either game involving a shine job on his eyes.  Don't know if that one is entirely accurate.  Also, I remember that game being critically acclaimed. 

...which is the thing that kind of urks me about this particular quest.  I know that the staff have some vendetta against three of the games on this list, but for fuck's sake, their vendettas do not mean they were bad games.  One of them was critically acclaimed and the other two were seen as being perfectly fine games.  They weren't shitty, but they weren't great.  They were just good games. 

Oh well.

#32 Posted by FalseDeity (229 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" The Vin Diesel clue did not work for either game involving a shine job on his eyes.  Don't know if that one is entirely accurate.  Also, I remember that game being critically acclaimed.  ...which is the thing that kind of urks me about this particular quest.  I know that the staff have some vendetta against three of the games on this list, but for fuck's sake, their vendettas do not mean they were bad games.  One of them was critically acclaimed and the other two were seen as being perfectly fine games.  They weren't shitty, but they weren't great.  They were just good games.  Oh well. "
Um, they don't have any beefs with the Riddick games. I think all of them liked Escape from Butcher Bay and was even hyped for the sequel. I think it's just an oversight because they have to setup the quests to respond to certain games, and with such a huge database, that's clearly impossible.
#33 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -
@ev_rowe: And BOOM! Thanks for the hints.
#34 Posted by Gamer_152 (14066 posts) -

Thank you. These hints were very helpful.

#35 Posted by phatkav (304 posts) -

Done. Thanks for the hints. My movie skills weren't so good so these hints were amazing. 

#36 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Good hints; this was the easiest one yet.

#37 Posted by thetrin (131 posts) -

Thanks for the hints. That was super easy. Looking forward to the next one.

#38 Posted by flufflogic (289 posts) -

Thanks for those clues: I totally misunderstood the hint this time, until I read those!

#39 Posted by Aetheldod (3542 posts) -

One more : The other name for Alcapone ****face

#40 Edited by TheAdmin (712 posts) -

I'm disappointed that Back to the future, the new one from tell tale isn't one... that's a classic example. 

#41 Edited by Nomin (965 posts) -

Thanks for the hints! 

Some of the games (as per 'say hello to my little fwiend!') were rather good, I thought they were specifically in the category of relaunch titles that were rather not good. 

#42 Posted by MAguilera (90 posts) -

For those interested.  Chrome has a donation service set up based on tabs.  A great way to help a cause while searching for quests.  http://tinyurl.com/33kgmm5    
Oh, and thanks for the "feel the need" clue.  I was having a hard time getting that one. 

#43 Posted by HrMagni (94 posts) -

For those that havent finshed the quest and want the list of possible games, check Popular games forum under the Forum tab. Should be good for today at least.

#44 Posted by tumes (206 posts) -

I'm amazed that the game about a club one should not talk about doesn't count!

#45 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -