This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 0zymandias (19 posts) -

Who wants to bet it's Uwe Boll.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

Yeah, I think that's pretty obvious.

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3085 posts) -

Without a doubt.
#4 Posted by Echo (391 posts) -

Well I don't know, Uwe Boll seems too obvious. I wouldn't put it past GB to make it somewhat obscure.

#5 Posted by joshy9411 (310 posts) -

i think M.Night SHamalamadingdong should just stop also....devil was fucking terrible.
to quote an argument from the movie "GO SUCK A BUTT"

#6 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -
@joshy9411 said:
"M.Night SHamalamadingdong"
It makes me feel like a 10-year old, but that one made me laugh hard
#7 Posted by 0zymandias (19 posts) -

but what does Shamalamadingdong have to do with video games though?

#8 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

I THINK SORCESE SHOULD STOP MAKING FILMS.

#9 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
#10 Posted by ikabubu (206 posts) -
@Hitchenson: Good point. The quest is most likely still video game related, and it doesn't specify that the man's already made movies. GB just thinks he shouldn't. That's a good less-than-obvious person.
#11 Posted by joshy9411 (310 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" @joshy9411 said:
It makes me feel like a 10-year old, but that one made me laugh hard "
i think he should legally change his name. then maybe people will laugh rather then yell angrily when his name pops up in a trailer.
#12 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -
#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11391 posts) -

I think it is Uwe Boll, because it'll be the last of the Quest Set, and on Christmas, so a super easy Quest would be GiantBomb's gift to us users. 

#14 Posted by 0zymandias (19 posts) -
@ikabubu:  I think it may be referring  to Kojima's games are already more movie than gameplay.
#15 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
#16 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@0zymandias said:
" @ikabubu:  I think it may be referring  to Kojima's games are already more movie than gameplay. "
Interesting theory.
#17 Posted by Swordfish9 (165 posts) -

Uwe Boll would be my first choice.

Take for example, BloodRayne was such a good action movie concept and material, and Uwe literally f'ed it up, multiple times.
Not only that, he make movies out of various video game titles and stuffed them as well.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Since we all know it's Uwe Boll, let's move onto something less obvious: 2 Heroic Voices. What the hell is that supposed to be?

#19 Posted by blackbird415 (778 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" Since we all know it's Uwe Boll, let's move onto something less obvious: 2 Heroic Voices. What the hell is that supposed to be? "
#20 Posted by SuicidalSnowman (396 posts) -
@Echo said:
" Well I don't know, Uwe Boll seems too obvious. I wouldn't put it past GB to make it somewhat obscure. "
Plus hasn't there already been a quest built around him? Or am I making a mistake because I did the "watch old videos quest" solely with TANG episodes.

Maybe they are going with something related to an actor, such as Nolan North for his fine gravelly voice work, or an Andy Serkis, Ron Perlman, Liam Nesson type.  Or the Rock or Vin Diesel for their video game roles.   The idea being "A man who should stop making movies because he makes better games."
#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@SuicidalSnowman: 

No, you're definitely confusing quests, as there was no Uwe Boll quest.
#22 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

how about Osama bin Laden?  he sometimes makes movies.
#23 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Was there ever any doubt?

#24 Posted by snetErz (121 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" Since we all know it's Uwe Boll, let's move onto something less obvious: 2 Heroic Voices. What the hell is that supposed to be? "
Well my guess is voice actors. One of them most likely being Nolan North, who often plays Heroic characters.
#25 Edited by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

Yeah, it has to be Uwe, since Kojima makes things that are good and not awful.

Nolan North is pretty much a lock for one of the voices, can't think of anyone else who is in many lead roles, so maybe it could be Perlman or someone like that.

EDIT: Had another thought, while it's likely that the voices quest will be Nolan North / whatever other actor, I think there's also a slim chance it will be people in the industry, maybe those who have done good things for games. (Or maybe Johnny V. for his Ice T accent.)

#26 Posted by flufflogic (289 posts) -

If it is Uwe Boll, then being part of the 2k first to finish will be a matter of refreshing til it's live.

#27 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

Have the quests usually gone live at 9 PST?  That's what I would guess since I usually get them after the fact.  Yesterday's did arrive late, but they're probably making extra sure that the last few quests are properly spring-loaded, since none of them will likely be in the office closer to Christmas.

#28 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -
@blackbird415: One has to be Nolan North
#29 Posted by Ghostiet (5316 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
It's gotta be Nolan North and Jennifer Hale, since they appear in every game in the universe.
#30 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@joshy9411 said:
" @CrazyChris said:
" @joshy9411 said:
It makes me feel like a 10-year old, but that one made me laugh hard "
i think he should legally change his name. then maybe people will laugh rather then yell angrily when his name pops up in a trailer. "
Are you kidding?  A friend of mine and I both laughed hysterically when we saw his name pop up in the trailer for Devil.  He's successfully turned himself into a joke.  After the disaster that was The Last Airbender, I'd honestly be shocked if any of the major studios continue to give him projects with the insane level of creative freedom that he's been used to for over a decade.
#31 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
It's gotta be Nolan North and Jennifer Hale, since they appear in every game in the universe. "
C'mon, guys. Keith Motherfucking David! How can he not be one of the two?
#32 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@MarkWahlberg
@Ghostiet said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
It's gotta be Nolan North and Jennifer Hale, since they appear in every game in the universe. "
I think if it's one male one female, Jennifer Hale makes some sense.
#33 Posted by Junpei (763 posts) -
@wrathofconn said:
" @MarkWahlberg
@Ghostiet said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
I think if it's one male one female, Jennifer Hale makes some sense. "
could also be Nolan North and David Hayter. At least it'll be easy to narrow it down. The question now is on the 12th day racing to be one of the first 2000 to get to the (most likely) Uwe Boll page.
#34 Posted by rflx (577 posts) -

At least Uwe Boll knows full well he's a douche. I say Michael Bay, he's a douche without even knowing it. That makes him worse, in my book. I can't stand that man.

#35 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -

I'm gonna laugh my ass off once I find you-know-who's page. XD

#36 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

It's obviously M. Night Shyamalan.

#37 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

We already have a thread dedicated to all of these Quests in the set.  We do not need a thread on each individual day.