#1 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

New quest set on the site, AV Club, here is a topic to post hints and help each other out!

Straight up confused on them all myself, going to have to run about watching videos until the hints start rolling in I think lol.

#2 Posted by Biddy (226 posts) -

And so it begins!

#3 Posted by TeejIV (40 posts) -

I really hope Secret Quest #2 isn't what I think it is.  All told, this seems to be one of the more straightforward sets.

#4 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Please, no spoilers. Saying exactly what is required to achieve a quest is a spoiler.

#5 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -
@Hamz: This quest set, other than the secret ones, seems like it's rather ill-suited for these hint threads :(
#6 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@takua108: lol maybe but i got no idea on those secrets. and i've seen every video on the site.
#7 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -

Alright then... I feel like an idiot for not getting "Rerunner." Is it an early Giant Bomb video?

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@takua108: People will just have to be creative in how they describe hints for the 4 non-secret quests in the set. And this topic can hopefully serve as a place to consolidate our combined brain power to solve the two secret ones, because I've drawn up blanks!
#9 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -

Opening Night and TV Addict are pretty easy... clues for them popped up when I watched today's I Love Mondays.

#10 Posted by InertCoctopus (17 posts) -

I'm trying to get the first secret one at the moment. It looks like it could be pointing to a certain Spartan, but who knows.

#11 Edited by TeejIV (40 posts) -
@takua108: You should watch one and find out.
#12 Edited by Poki3 (527 posts) -

OK then, have it your way. Here's another shot:
* Duder, It's Over! - Find this phrase.
* TV Addict - Find 10 Duders.
* Opening Night - Find 5 Duders born that day.
* Rerunner - Find 25 old ass duders.  

Let me repeat, that I hope one of the Secret Quests is not for being the first to comment or watch a vid, because that would just be INSANE.
Some might be for watching the Endurance Run, but that's just speculation that someone has to confirm. Looks like the quests don't register if you just skip to the end on a streaming setting and I don't have time right now to check the vids.

EDIT
Because a lot of people won't read the whole tread, here's a short rundown. There was one secret quest for having the 300th comment on a video. It was removed. The other one is:
* Secret Quest - First!

#13 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Just figured out one of the Secret Quests, going to be a bitch trying to get that one.

#14 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -
@Hamz: Please tell me it's not "watch the entire Endurance Run, for both teams, and, because these quests were just released, go back and watch the previous episodes also." Because if it is that, I'm going to cry.
#15 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -
@takua108 said:
" @Hamz: Please tell me it's not "watch the entire Endurance Run, for both teams, and, because these quests were just released, go back and watch the previous episodes also." Because if it is that, I'm going to cry. "
I have a feeling it's going to be about being on your game and quick to the draw.

IF YOU GET MY DRIFT, MANG.
#16 Posted by Shane (152 posts) -

I know what the last one is, you're going to have to lurk like crazy to get that one.

#17 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -

Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of quest sets that are a bunch of easy-to-moderate-and-maybe-even-to-fairly-difficult quests, and then one stinger that makes it impossible for mere mortals to complete the set.

#18 Edited by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

It would be great if the "This is Madness' quest is to watch all 155 Persona 4 ER episodes in their entirety.

#19 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -

They ought to change "Rerunner" to be "Damn, Look At The Phases Dave Synder's Facial Hair Has Gone Through Since Giant Bomb Started Uploading Videos."

#20 Edited by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -
@takua108 said:

" They ought to change "Rerunner" to be "Damn, Look At The Phases Dave Synder's Facial Hair Has Gone Through Since Giant Bomb Started Uploading Videos." "

I rewatched my favorite video of all time - Video Thing: It's a Website! - for that quest.

Man, Vinny without facial hair is odd.
#21 Edited by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Wow if we can't spoil the ones that aren't secret then it's completely stupid. I guess I feel sorry for the idiots who can't figure out "Rerunner" then. I only say that because all 4, save the 2 secret quests, are incredibly obvious.

#22 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -
@Hamz: How about a clue? I presume I'm looking for a quick look, but I don't know that.
#23 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@TheMasterDS: A clue to what, which one?
#24 Posted by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -
@Hamz: Oh, you figured out the one we can't get yet, right. I thought you meant the Madness.
#25 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

I come here for crystals.  To bear them. 

Hint:  This isn't actually a hint.

#26 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -

I'm rewatching the first episode of the Endurance Run to test out the theories presented in this thread for the this is madness one.

#27 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@StarFoxA: tried that. no dice.
#28 Edited by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

Ooops, I accidentally this whole post.

#29 Posted by Wes899 (2115 posts) -

No ones figured out Madness yet?

#30 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

I don't think the Secret Quest with This Is Madness as the hint is earned like the non-secret ones. There is also no counter with it, like the other secret quest. Since I'm 99% sure how to be obnoxious on a videos page, I bet the other secret quest involves the number 300, instead of the number 1.

#31 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@Wes899: logic would dictate it was spartan related but i tried everything along that route x_X
#32 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@jadeskye: @Origina1Penguin: If memory serves the guys did a QL of a game which used a pretty infamous phrase that became an overnight sensation. However I can't confirm if this is indeed the way to get the quest or not until I've watched all 33mins and 43s of the quick look ;)
#33 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin said:
I bet the other secret quest involves the number 300
I was thinking about that too, maybe it has to do with the 300th video posted on GiantBomb (I have no idea how to find out which one is the 300th).
#34 Posted by Wes899 (2115 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin: As I said to someone the other day. Nice avatar :D
#35 Posted by Lucidforest (143 posts) -

Only read a couple of the posts here but my guess would be 'This Is Madness' quest involves watching 300 videos and the 'Fast or Obnoxious' quest means get a first post on a video. Both of which aren't gonna happen anytime soon for your average human :P

#36 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Oh thank god... I was worried that I was getting really stupid. I couldn't get any of these and they seemed so easy. I had to log out and back in for them to start working.

#37 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -
@Lucidforest said:
" Only read a couple of the posts here but my guess would be 'This Is Madness' quest involves watching 300 videos and the 'Fast or Obnoxious' quest means get a first post on a video. Both of which aren't gonna happen anytime soon for your average human :P "
It's definitely not watching 300 videos, otherwise we'd be seeing a counter.
#38 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -
@Hamz: I can find no such quick look :(
#39 Posted by Lucidforest (143 posts) -
@StarFoxA:  

Well, if they left the counter out. That, my friend, would be madness. Heh. 

As would the task.  

Until someone has it, it can't be ruled out I don't think
#40 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

The last one should be to ban anyone who says "First" on comments.

#41 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@takua108: Give me about 16-17 minutes and I'll be able to tell you if my hunch is right or not ;)
#42 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -
@Lucidforest: That wouldn't be madness. That would be flat out evil.
#43 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" @jadeskye: @Origina1Penguin: If memory serves the guys did a QL of a game which used a pretty infamous phrase that became an overnight sensation. However I can't confirm if this is indeed the way to get the quest or not until I've watched all 33mins and 43s of the quick look ;) "
By chance do you mean a Quick Look that is 43 minutes and 44 seconds?  And have you had the chance or the ware-withal to finish it?
#44 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

We could test my theory if just over a dozen people direct themselves to this video.

#45 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -
@mnzy:
Hahahaha. Good one.
#46 Posted by Lucidforest (143 posts) -
@StarFoxA: I wouldn't go as far as to call it evil. Like a lot of people on this site, I've watched well over 1000 videos I'd say. So to get 300, in due time, is perfectly doable. In fact the 'obnoxious' task, if it is what I think it is, to get a first post - I've never done that. So that one seems even more madness / evil / unobtainable to me. 

Plus all the quests so far have been obtained really rather quickly so maybe they wanted to throw some lengthy ones. 

But still. Those are just gueses.
#47 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -
@iAmJohn: I don't know why it would be that one, but that was some clever wordplay ;)
#48 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -

Also, here's a possible revelation: maybe it's not the first comment, but instead, one of the first, like five or ten or something. If it's not, it should be. I've been in the first five like twice or something, and that would be far more achievable than the first comment.

#49 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

For every 3 or 4 quests, there is a bad quest.  But I am nothing if not resourceful.

#50 Edited by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -
@takua108: Yeah, I was thinking that. Hopefully it means within the first hour. That way you can watch the video.