#1 Posted by BisonHero (6521 posts) -

Just trying to give some honest feedback here. I know, I know, "If you don't like it, go make your own website".

But making another Assassin's Creed-inspired quest set just seems...unnecessary? It was a fine little scavenger hunt, and more generally themed around assassins and the mechanics of Assassin's Creed, instead of being trivia about the series. But still, Giant Bomb just did a quest set for Assassin's Creed literally a year ago. And we've already passed Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Sonic Generations apparently without a quest set, either one of which could've required you to look up some interesting trivia.

So I really hope that in the next few weeks they add a quest set centered around a game/series that hasn't had one before. Saints Row The Third? Skyrim? Zelda: Skyward Sword? Jurassic Park? Hell, even Rayman?

#2 Posted by cooljammer00 (1729 posts) -

I'm just upset that so many correct answers went ignored. Saboteur guy Sean Devlin climbs tons of shit!

#3 Posted by Levius (1131 posts) -

I was really sure it would be HD collections what with Halo and MGS.

#4 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Lara Croft didn't work as a hoodless climber, but Ice Climbers did... I guess their hoods don't count? WORST. QUEST. EVER.

And no, I'm not actually upset.

#5 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

@cooljammer00 said:

I'm just upset that so many correct answers went ignored. Saboteur guy Sean Devlin climbs tons of shit!

I was mildly disappointed by this as well largely because although the game was flawed in many ways, it's already disappearing from most gamers memories which is a shame really. It did a lot of really neat things!

As for the quest set in general I did enjoy it, not the most difficult of sets and one that I found entertaining. People need to remember that most of the quest sets that are launched alongside a new game release have some very loose or vague association to the game being released. In this case most of the answers have actually little direct connection to the game franchise itself. So really I don't consider it to be an "Assassins Creed" quest set at all, more like a simple assassin related quest set.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11003 posts) -

Yeah, with Zelda out next Sunday, they could have done a Zelda themed one or something. I dunno.

But I am angry that Big Boss didn't work for this set. I mean, he stars in two games where a large mechanic is recruiting new soldiers to make an army!

#7 Posted by Humanity (9220 posts) -

It was one of the most irritating sets as a ton of answers like above mentioned Lara Croft didn't work. Adam Fenix didn't work for the leader slot but the Schafer game did? That game gets included? Like Moosey said no Big Boss.

It was more of a scavenger hunt of which one of the right answers, were actually considered answers.

#8 Posted by OldGuy (1557 posts) -
@Hamz said:

@cooljammer00 said:

I was mildly disappointed by this as well largely because although the game was flawed in many ways, it's already disappearing from most gamers memories which is a shame really. It did a lot of really neat things!

As for the quest set in general I did enjoy it, not the most difficult of sets and one that I found entertaining. People need to remember that most of the quest sets that are launched alongside a new game release have some very loose or vague association to the game being released. In this case most of the answers have actually little direct connection to the game franchise itself. So really I don't consider it to be an "Assassins Creed" quest set at all, more like a simple assassin related quest set.

I'm with you... it was by no means a perfect game... but it grabbed me enough and was enough fun that I S-Ranked it (1400 bits 'o stuff to blow up and all)...

I understand the idea on the quest creators part that you can't include all answers (with really broad sets like this one had) on the grounds that it might make the set too easy... But some of the inclusions and exclusions are just so... random. The big problem is that if you make it too hard (IOW, it takes someone more than 10 minutes [plus, "Hey, Dave! The site's running slow!" time]) then the winge brigade shows up... Of course if you make it too easy, then... the same thing happens... The sweet spot is where everyone is complaining! :-)
#9 Posted by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -

I was surprised to see there were no quests for Skyrim.

#10 Posted by Nymphonomicon (97 posts) -

@fullmetal5550 said:

I was surprised to see there were no quests for Skyrim.

I wasn't. GB has an incredible habit of devoting Quests to games I don't give a dip about...

#11 Posted by pickassoreborn (525 posts) -

Alex Mercer - a hooded bloke who climbs stuff = no dice.

I remember when these quests were fun, seems like more answers were accepted. Now they're painfully specific.