#1 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -

There Goes a Narwhal

Hut Hut HIKE! Come Bro out with Kinect and Giant Bomb as they wrap up E3, VIDEO THING

One Ping

E3 is a magical time of year, try letting the Giant Bomb community know about it! At least once a day during E3! (Using something in your profile page)

Holy Diver

1. The Beatles were known for cruising around in one of these.
  2. A relative of the pizza "SPHERE", a common method of traveling underwater when searching for Little Sisters.
  3. If you're known as a Big Daddy, you're probably wearing one of these.

The Endless Ocean

All throughout E3, surprises await! Try going on the hunt for some previously unknown (and some known) games. Also, the more crafty of you will be helped by a certain sorting of the games page. It is a specific set of ten games apparently, unless they update the triggers after the fact..

• You think you're done Chief? Get back in there and finish the fight! Also, teabagging.
  • If one finished a collection of fights, every year on the same day, one could probably call that an ________ eh, Chief? (Think of an important date every year for the blank)
  • From the devs who have trouble getting to sleep, a recently announced game during the EA press Conference. Also, Nolan North is doing a voice.
  • I just won the superbowl, I'm going to __________ !, but I won't venture into the outside world to do so. Recently announced Kinect title at the MS conference.
  • Shown at the Microsoft conference, this developer and his balls took the Kinect "reigns" and may have promised more than he can deliver.
  • Young B-Boys bust a move: Eletric Boogaloo part deus. Get Kinected in a Centralized location.
  • One might call if the Wii Sports of Kinect, part two.
  • "Kinect, Light Saber"
  • A Blocky PC indie darling, the crafty game was recently announced as coming to Xbox 360. This game also inspired one of the shirts in the Whiskey Media Store. (If you're still having trouble, check out buzz_clik's blog for no reason)
  • You might get a "Rise" out of this Crytek developed game. Set in Rome and exclusive to the 360.

Make a List Underwater

Try going to a game page that you've "Got Hype" about and at the top right hand part of a page, there might be a certain button that can help you. Note: You need to create a certain something using that button, not the normal way. DON'T USE THE LIST PAGE TO CREATE A LIST, USE THE ADD TO A LIST BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT PART OF A GAME PAGE. THERE IS A GIANT E3 BUTTON THAT YOU CAN PRESS TO ADD TO A LIST.

All Quest pieces are available, have at it!

#2 Posted by apoks (24 posts) -

That list, what are you supposed to name it? I've go 15 games, but no go yet. E32011 and Most anticipated .. didn't work yet.

#3 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@AlwaysBeClothing: Are the 10 games available? I only have 9 so far.

#4 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@apoks said:

That list, what are you supposed to name it? I've go 15 games, but no go yet. E32011 and Most anticipated .. didn't work yet.

You need to create a the list a different way sadly.

#5 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@apoks said:

There's a specific button to that list.

#6 Edited by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

I somehow managed to already unlocked the part for updating on every day of E3, for some reason. Go me?

Also, I'm one short on the announced games, guess I'll just have to wait for the other pressers.

Not really sure what to do for Holy Diver.

#7 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -
@Winternet: just wait til ubisoft, im sure one will be announced there. i have 9 also.
#8 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -

@Winternet: I only have 7, that I might have catalogued somewhere public. I imagine the quest won't be too hard to get to 10 though, since we can't finish One Ping till Thursday anyway.

@Zidane_24: Working on Holy Diver hints, hard to come up with good ones.

#9 Edited by apoks (24 posts) -

I've got 8 games. Kinect Sports Season 2 doesn't count, but it should shouldn't it?

Ill go make the list again i suppose.

What about the undersea gear thing?

#10 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

@AlwaysBeClothing: I figured 'em out, actually, just wasn't thinking of the right stuff at first. I'll just say that thinking about bioshock can be very helpful with some of them.

#11 Edited by Fattony12000 (7313 posts) -

HOW THE HOLY FUCK CHIRST DO YOU MAKE A LIST THAT WORKS? 

I GOT: 

CREATE LIST 
FILL THAT BITCH UP
NO PROFIT? 

Oh right, I've learnt to read now.

#12 Posted by Animoz (26 posts) -

I got the 10 new games one already. One game which worked was weird, its already out and hugely popular but was announced for a new platform

#13 Posted by Chaser324 (6436 posts) -

@Zidane_24: Thanks for the Bioshock tip. I got the most obvious one really quick, but I didn't think about that other one until I read your post.

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by MrChaz (61 posts) -

Created a list and no joy either

#15 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Missing Holy Diver #2, must be missing something simple

#16 Edited by amorbis (73 posts) -

@mosdl: It's extremely helpful to think heavily about Bioshock. Also the MW3 gameplay this morning has one of the more prominent things in it.

#17 Posted by truckington (54 posts) -

@mosdl:

It's like one of the other things on the list, but much older and unpowered. I believe there was one in Bioshock

#18 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Weird, just finished the list quest only adding 6 items.

#19 Posted by crazyleaves (645 posts) -

Always be listin...  

I put Battlefield 3 in there and was about to put Tomb Raider then BAM, it gave me the quest..

#20 Edited by JoeyRavn (4970 posts) -

@MrChaz said:

Created a list and no joy either

You need to add the game you're interested in from its own page. I can't say more, but it's easy. Just look for something in the page that points at adding that game to a list and everything should go smoothly from there.

Can I get some help on the Holy Diver quest?

Edit: Nevermind, got it. I was sure a scuba gear would be valid for the quest, but it turns out I needed something similar, yet different. Think about some objects in Bioshock and you'll get it.

#21 Posted by MrChaz (61 posts) -
@JoeyRavn:  

under water boat 
a bath ball? 
#22 Posted by Toxin066 (3283 posts) -

Can't get any lists going. The Bomb seems to be flooded today.

#23 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Made a list with a whooping two games. Quest achieved.

#24 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I need the last Bioshock one, what the hell am I missing for #3?

Everything else is done.

#25 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@KaosAngel: keep looking on the bioshock page for the last one

#26 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -

@Toxin066: @PhatSeeJay: There's a certain way lists have to be made, I got it with only one game on it.

@KaosAngel: Big Daddies are always seen in their ______ (object)

#27 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@AlwaysBeClothing: Thank you good sir. I kept mashing on Scuba Suit but it was another kind of suit which involves diving.

Cheap ass quest.

#28 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2246 posts) -

@Zor: no. Go to your profile page and there will be a bar to the left of your profile picture where you can post your status. (Like a facebook or twitter type deal)

#29 Posted by Retodon8 (47 posts) -

Click your name at the top right, write something useful at the top of your Activity list, and press Submit. That should get you 1 of 4.

#30 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:

Aye, same.  Perhaps a bug?  I thought it said you needed to add 15.
#31 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

So many newly announced games that don't work for the quest, and I am at 9...

#32 Edited by BOOM (69 posts) -

Does anyone know what the tenth game is?

Edit: Thank you! The edit the to first post held the answer.

#33 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -

Having a hard time finding the last game for "The Endless Ocean".

@Animoz said:

I got the 10 new games one already. One game which worked was weird, its already out and hugely popular but was announced for a new platform

I think this is the last one I need, any further tips?

#34 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

@BOOM: They probably haven't updated all the latest ones yet, I've tried what seems like all of them.

#35 Posted by Natedogg2 (452 posts) -
@Xerxes8933A said:
@PhatSeeJay said:

Aye, same.  Perhaps a bug?  I thought it said you needed to add 15.
It must be bugged, because I just got it with 1.
#36 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -

I got all 10/10 for Endless Ocean, will be updating the front post.

#37 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@AlwaysBeClothing: Thanks for the hints, duder!
#38 Posted by HHAP (212 posts) -

I'm guessing the One Ping quest will be unavailable forever if you miss updating your status on any given day. Am I correct to assume that I'll be able to get the other quests post E3?

#39 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@HHAP said:

I'm guessing the One Ping quest will be unavailable forever if you miss updating your status on any given day. Am I correct to assume that I'll be able to get the other quests post E3?

Get them now, just to be safe.
#40 Posted by OldGuy (1552 posts) -

I know, I know... but as I'm SCUBA qualified (and the "open water" test in a quarry, in the West Virginia hills, in APRIL was COLD!) I want that as an option for Holy Diver

#41 Edited by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I still can't get the list quest, I went to the game page and hit add to list, made a new list, added 14 more and nothing.   

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? 

Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot and I finally got it.

#42 Posted by Marz (5649 posts) -

that pizza sphere hint has me confused.  

#43 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@Marz: Wouldn't it be nice if you could eat a pizza sphere while in the bath?

Also, I added one game to my list and it gave me the quest. I updated my status today and it gave me 2/4 for One Ping?

#44 Posted by Marz (5649 posts) -
@ds8k: i finally got it, but the pizza reference didn't help much. 
#45 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@Marz: The hint is less pizza, more sphere. Pizza sphere is a reference to something Jeff talked about on the podcast.

#46 Posted by NovaDTH (155 posts) -
@Marz said:
that pizza sphere hint has me confused.  

Me too
#47 Posted by loungemonkey (29 posts) -

I don't get the One Ping one, do I just update my blog?

#48 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -

@Marz: @NovaDTH: Sorry the Pizza Sphere thing is more of a joke. I tried to bold and italic the "Sphere part.

Think of the Little Sisters part, what game is that from and what kind of Spherical travel did they use?

#49 Posted by readymix (175 posts) -

@AlwaysBeClothing said:

@Marz: @NovaDTH: Sorry the Pizza Sphere thing is more of a joke. I tried to bold and italic the "Sphere part.

Think of the Little Sisters part, what game is that from and what kind of Spherical travel did they use?

finally got it. perhaps actually playing the game would've help.

side note: is it actually CALLED that? weird.

#50 Edited by Bollard (5449 posts) -
@AlwaysBeClothing said:

For anyone who hasn't played Bioshock, is there any other kind of clue you could give please? I tried bubble, that's spherical and could allow you to travel under water, right? Haha 

EDIT: Don't worry, I found it on my own on the Little Sisters page under objects. Jesus I've never heard of that thing in my life, would never have found it.