#1 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

I was really looking forward to see some more quests now that E3 is happening . I really wonder if Giantbomb i preparing anything.

Also more quest would be fun since so many releases and events passed through the year...what can i say I AM A QUEST ADDICTED :D

#2 Posted by Bubbly (254 posts) -

The interns used to do them and they no longer have interns. They talked about quests in the last radio show if you're interested.

#3 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@MODernChris: So hopefully we will get new quests soon :)

#4 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

There weren't any new quest for a while now.

#5 Posted by Swordfish9 (165 posts) -

@MODernChris said:

The interns used to do them and they no longer have interns. They talked about quests in the last radio show if you're interested.

So what happened to those interns? They got promoted or got "eliminated" like a Bond villain's henchmen? :P

and yes I haven't seen any new quest at GB site for a very long time as well.

#6 Posted by Bubbly (254 posts) -

@Swordfish9: They're interns. Were you really expecting them to make the switch to a different company? And you aren't gonna see any more quests for a while. The dudes are too busy and they described quests as cool, but not important.

#7 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I don't know about you guys but the site itself feels a little sluggish as it is with the new content bringing in traffic. If I had to choose between quests and new content I think it's pretty obvious which is more important.

#8 Posted by meaninoflife42 (512 posts) -

I would love more quests.

#9 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

I forgot about quests. I miss them.

#10 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

I actually like the quests as well. I think they're a great way to direct people to places on the site they wouldn't normally go, which is important considering how big the site is and how much content is on it.

I wonder if the kind of traffic that the quests generate is either hard to analyze or just not of interest on the business side of things?

#11 Posted by BisonHero (6532 posts) -

@Swordfish9 said:

@MODernChris said:

The interns used to do them and they no longer have interns. They talked about quests in the last radio show if you're interested.

So what happened to those interns? They got promoted or got "eliminated" like a Bond villain's henchmen? :P

and yes I haven't seen any new quest at GB site for a very long time as well.

Each intern stayed at Giant Bomb for a time limited internship. Some interns had longer internships than others and repeated internships (Lemon and Kessler), but none of them were going to transition into being full time employees, especially when the company was a startup that was going to be sold off in the near future.

#12 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@BisonHero: So quests are out for the time being... i feel that GB is shrinking a lot!

#13 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Quests?! Oh yes, those little things that used to come up . . 10 YEARS AGO!!!!! AAAHhhh RAGE! AAHHHhhhA!

*nunchucks*

#14 Posted by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -

usually the response to anything 'wheres this?' from them is 'we're working on the new site' which in the update video they said is expected in 'October'..*gulp*

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6532 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

usually the response to anything 'wheres this?' from them is 'we're working on the new site' which in the update video they said is expected in 'October'..*gulp*

It does seem odd that pretty much nothing will be addressed until 3-4 months from now. But I guess the reality is that Giant Bomb really doesn't have very many developers/engineers to fix and update the site while it is being rebuilt.