• 63 results
#1 Posted by Zapato (98 posts) -

Anyone any idea who it might be? *wink wink*.

#2 Posted by swamplord666 (1758 posts) -

nope! wondering this too!

#3 Posted by ISmoochyI (251 posts) -

no idea...but i can't stop thinking about it!

#4 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -

If you mean the most important man in the video game industry, after a lot of effort and a little bit of cryptic advice I found him and I still don't really know who he is.

#5 Posted by Nickness534 (75 posts) -

I tried Jeff. It didn't work. Now I'm confused.

#6 Posted by Frootsnax (73 posts) -
@raidingkvatch said:
" If you mean the most important man in the video game industry, after a lot of effort and a little bit of cryptic advice I found him and I still don't really know who he is. "
Can you give us a hint please? I've checked the guys that founded atari, made the first video game, and founded nintendo. Whoever is apparently more important than any of those three is a mystery to me.
#7 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -
@Frootsnax: Yeah I did all those things first, you almost certainly won't know who this guy is. You might find him if you look through a certain Canadian RPG developer's staff, or the credits on their games.
#8 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -
@raidingkvatch: Thanks for the tip! Not a chance I would have got that one...
#9 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -
@skidd: No problem dude, I know some of these are really hard and I'm getting slightly obsessed.
#10 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -
@raidingkvatch said:
" @skidd: No problem dude, I know some of these are really hard and I'm getting slightly obsessed. "
Totally, it's becoming so addictive...
#11 Posted by hmecey (15 posts) -
@raidingkvatch said:
" @Frootsnax: Yeah I did all those things first, you almost certainly won't know who this guy is. You might find him if you look through a certain Canadian RPG developer's staff, or the credits on their games. "
Is the rpg company owned by EA, or am I totally off?
#12 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -
@hmecey: It is indeed owned by EA
#13 Posted by HT101 (1153 posts) -
@raidingkvatch: I know what the company is but is there any way to narrow it down since that page has over 400 people listed there for said company?  I really don't want to spend many hours just clicking on random pages.
#14 Edited by Turambar (6742 posts) -
#15 Posted by Frootsnax (73 posts) -
@Turambar said:
" This hint might make it a bit too easy so click at your own risk.

"
is he really? because I just watched the end credits for ME2 on youtube and put in EVERY SINGLE NAME that appears in that list and did not get completion.
#16 Posted by Turambar (6742 posts) -
@Frootsnax said:
" @Turambar said:

"
is he really? because I just watched the end credits for ME2 on youtube and put in EVERY SINGLE NAME that appears in that list and did not get completion. "
Keep trying.  You probably missed a name.
#17 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

I've never heard of the guy. As far as I know he's not that famous (or important).

#18 Posted by Frootsnax (73 posts) -
@Turambar said:
" @Frootsnax said:
" @Turambar said:

"
is he really? because I just watched the end credits for ME2 on youtube and put in EVERY SINGLE NAME that appears in that list and did not get completion. "
Keep trying.  You probably missed a name. "
well at this point I don't know who it is and I don't know who i've missed. Even the people that have found him seemingly have no clue who this guy is, or what makes him important. At this point, it's all good and I'll just leave it alone.
#19 Posted by themartyr (691 posts) -

This seems silly. Is the name not a giveaway as the clue? Is his name Mr. Important or whatever?

#20 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -
@HT101: try looking at credits for their recent big release, and you can ignore all the voice people. Sorry I can't really do any more without giving you the answer, it's just a gruelling process of trial and error until you get the right guy.
#21 Posted by fuzzy510 (206 posts) -
@themartyr: His name isn't anything that would cause you to immediately think he is the answer, no.
#22 Posted by JohnZimmerman (198 posts) -

so I'm guessing the person we want is male, right?

#23 Posted by Zalzargahoughanstine (56 posts) -
@JohnZimmerman:  yes.  Yes: what do you call a guy you lay on the floor and walk on top of.
#24 Posted by JohnZimmerman (198 posts) -

never mind i got him.

#25 Posted by HaYHaYHaY (151 posts) -

Okie, this is getting ridiculous...  any person requiring me to go through a whole credit of a game is in no way an important person in my point of view.  The clue is not helping,  the picture's not helping either.  If not that anyone has talked about ME2, I would not have even thought of it.  And I still have yet to figure out the relationship between the clue and the ME2.  I give up...

#26 Edited by Alexstrasz (9 posts) -

Well, I just got it thanks to the hint three posts up. This is perhaps the single most idiotic quest I've seen yet.

#27 Edited by ErikSchroder (207 posts) -

Seriously, how did the first person figure this out? How does anyone figure this out without hints?

I've only finished 5 sets so far and "Famous Friends" is listed as the easiest set I don't have yet. How is this easy?

#28 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

I just got it, and... wow.

#29 Posted by GreigWatt (53 posts) -
Finally got. I think this must be some sort of inside joke. Not to belittle his fine work.
#30 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Not sure how important necessarly have to mean super famous or an awesome designer to everyone's eyes.
 He's worked in PR for Capcom, 2k, Nintendo and now Bioware. Granted most of you guys don't know who he is, but it's not his job to make himself a face in the public, it's to promote the product. And he obviously has done a rather ok job given the companies he's worked for.

His linkedin page is interesting reading if you're interested in a bit more than fancy 3D models and awesome gameplay. :)

#31 Posted by AceBlack19 (111 posts) -

Um... can we know if its at the top or bottom of a section in the credits? After going through 6 minutes of the end credits, I've come up empty handed.

#32 Posted by AceBlack19 (111 posts) -

Never mind. Found him. I'm utterly baffled as to how he's important.

#33 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

I found him, but still dont get it either. 
The profile's most active editor is Jeff but it almost contains nothing. Might be an inside joke, a joke about his name, or a good friend the someone in the Giant Bomb staff. I hope someone will eventually explain this to me. Even with a lot of hints, it took forever to find him. 
Was he in an interview where he said he was really important ?

#34 Posted by thejamster (263 posts) -

hints helped so much thanks! never would have found this.

#35 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

I'm telling you, go check the Mass Effect 2 page and view the credits. Check those guys out.

#36 Posted by RiceEatin2010GT (53 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
"  He's worked in PR for Capcom, 2k, Nintendo and now Bioware.  "
thank you so much!  Just look at the ME 2 credits
#37 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@CharleyTony: Trust me, dude. If you know his name, look him up on linkedin. That page is a BIT stronger in terms of information.
#38 Edited by onan (1284 posts) -

Oh God, finally. After typing in dozens of names to no avail, I got him and finished the set. I'm not ashamed to say that after all that hard work, the four-digit bump in my experience points was arousing. No really, I got wood.

#39 Posted by MetalGearFlaccid (207 posts) -

Is it a person involved in said game that is involved in a part of said game that the editors greatly enjoy?

#40 Posted by yakityyakblah (159 posts) -

Just go to the Mass Effect 2 credits page with the hints in this thread. Then sit back and wonder how the hell anyone figured it out without this thread.

#41 Posted by onan (1284 posts) -
@yakityyakblah said:
" Just go to the Mass Effect 2 credits page with the hints in this thread. Then sit back and wonder how the hell anyone figured it out without this thread. "
From what I understand Jeff ran into the guy and talked about it on one of the old podcasts, but I listened to it when it came out, and then tried to skim through it again once I found out which one it was with no luck at all. So yeah, some really big giantbomb fans in the audience. :) Thanks guys!
#42 Posted by TheCreambun (119 posts) -

Dude! Finally! 
Now on to the real quest... Figuring out why he's the most important man in video games:/

#43 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2104 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" Not sure how important necessarly have to mean super famous or an awesome designer to everyone's eyes.  He's worked in PR for Capcom, 2k, Nintendo and now Bioware. Granted most of you guys don't know who he is, but it's not his job to make himself a face in the public, it's to promote the product. And he obviously has done a rather ok job given the companies he's worked for.  His linkedin page is interesting reading if you're interested in a bit more than fancy 3D models and awesome gameplay. :) "
That is where I finally got it, but come on.  Jeff Gerstmann would have been a good one, Peter Molonyx would have been appropriate, Nolan Busnell....something.
#44 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@WickedCobra03 said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

" Not sure how important necessarly have to mean super famous or an awesome designer to everyone's eyes.  He's worked in PR for Capcom, 2k, Nintendo and now Bioware. Granted most of you guys don't know who he is, but it's not his job to make himself a face in the public, it's to promote the product. And he obviously has done a rather ok job given the companies he's worked for.  His linkedin page is interesting reading if you're interested in a bit more than fancy 3D models and awesome gameplay. :) "

That is where I finally got it, but come on.  Jeff Gerstmann would have been a good one, Peter Molonyx would have been appropriate, Nolan Busnell....something. "
True... BUT the quest is saying Most Important man in the industry. That's possible to read in quite a few ways. And yes, Nolan Bushnell was the first name I picked out of the hat and I would never have guessed **Mr X** without the endless clues in the forums. I'm not protecting the quest in itself, they should figure out hints that takes you on a treasure hunt instead. Give you a clue of where to start looking and through the wiki page look for clues to the next page and so on.  

Though if one is to look at the industry today.. Would you call Mr Molyneux or Bushnell very important? Tthe way the industry looks today, I can't argue against Mr. X being the most important man since he obviously does very important work and as you say yourself; Jeff Gerstman would be a good one. Yes if he was a PR person in the industry.. which Mr X is.. so it only figures that the bombcrew finds him extremely important.

**Edit; forgot I shouldn't spoil the quest, removed the person's name >.<**
#45 Posted by Smersh (228 posts) -

Quests like this will ruin the Quest System, sort it out GB.

#46 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -
@Zalzargahoughanstine:
I finally found the guy after your pretty awesome Office Space reference, good job sir!
#47 Posted by Gibbs_Acolyte (161 posts) -
#48 Posted by Halve_ZOL (24 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
Thanks! This hint did it for me :)
#49 Posted by Clembo (341 posts) -

I am Jeff's non-evil twin brother.

#50 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (486 posts) -

i found him. but.what? who is this guy and why?