#1 Posted by Mooqi (217 posts) -

World of Warcraft should be by far the most famous and popular game that makes use of a rage-system. It is THE answer to the quest, yet it doesn't work.

This makes me and this rage driven Gnome warrior very sad :-(

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

This happens all the time every time they put out a new quest set.

#3 Posted by Village_Guy (2492 posts) -

Yeah, that was the first one I went to and it didn't work, made me sad....

But it seems like it is kind of limited in scope of games that trigger the quest.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage.

#5 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

On the one hand, these quests seem to be designed very much on a whim by whomever wants to do it, and on the other, the only real answer is to catalogue and go through any possible answer to the quests. That doesn't sound feasible for a site the size of Giant Bomb.

That said, for the love of God, if you can't cover EVERY base, cover a good a chunk. This WoW oversight is kind of sad, and should be proof enough that the quests should be put together by a group of people, not just one, lonely savage.

#6 Posted by Village_Guy (2492 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage.

Need more rage. Need more rage. Need more rage.

#7 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

i wonder when they make these quests is there some kind of thing where one page can't trigger multiple quests?

cause that would explain a lot of these.

#8 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

Darksiders also doesn't work =[

#9 Posted by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

Borderlands doesn't work either? :O

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -

Yea, this confused me, too. Why didn't Super Princess Peach work? I remember people actually hearing about that.

#11 Posted by OldManLight (828 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

@TooWalrus said:

Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage. Not enough rage.

Need more rage. Need more rage. Need more rage.

got some blizzard fans here.

#12 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

It isn't even like it is an obscure game. I was dumbfounded when it was my first choice for the quest and it didn't work. Come on, guys.

#13 Edited by jozzy (2041 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

It isn't even like it is an obscure game. I was dumbfounded when it was my first choice for the quest and it didn't work. Come on, guys.

Yup tried that too. Tried another abvious thing for one of the other quests (don't remember what) and that didn't work either. I then decided that I am done with these quests.

#14 Posted by Nemesis2K (156 posts) -

Sword of the berserk: guts' rage.... Doesn't work. Fuck this quest.

#15 Posted by CornBREDX (4806 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the reason they don't use the obvious answers is because they're obvious.

I am guessing though.

Sometimes it could just be because that answer is already used for another quest set. More guessing on my part

#16 Posted by Henkiebob (31 posts) -

God of War doesn't trigger it either, altough I remember it being called "The rage of the gods"

#17 Posted by Wandrecanada (402 posts) -

No Brick from Borderlands. I don't think any game contains his level of vocal madness when his Rage is turned on. Quest makers really have to think about being very specific in their naming conventions or get less vague about hints. Specificity is the soul of all good communication.

#18 Posted by BisonHero (6172 posts) -

They've definitely had one article give you multiple quests, though who knows if that was an accident. Stereoscopic 3D, for example. They do probably try to avoid using the same articles over and over, but I have to imagine that in this case, whoever came up with the quest just didn't think of some of the more obvious answers. Some of the answers that do work for the quest are quite obvious, but there are definitely a bunch of other obvious ones that don't work.