• 110 results
#1 Posted by Knurrunkulus (75 posts) -

I could use some help with the "Founding Fathers" quest. 

I only have #1 and already tried just about any console/developer/company I could think of. I think someone dropped a line in another thread that he just blindly clicked through 500 games of a certain old console and that there were some pages for "Founding Fathers" included in that. But blindly clicking through 500 random game pages? I'd rather not. As much as I like the quest system, this is one of the few quests where I'm having a hard time in seeing how the solutions are connected.

What about you? Have you got the same problems or am I  just a wee bit stupid today?

#2 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

i got the third while looking for another one :)

jeff recently played it in a quick look, and failed horribly.

#3 Posted by HeroicDrinkingSong (150 posts) -

This is an odd one.  How is the Amiga and the C64 not part of this list?

#4 Posted by Dynoro (113 posts) -

I'm having an awful time with this one; got a couple straight away but have gone through 50+ others without any result
#5 Posted by monkyofdoom (101 posts) -

I only need the 6th one, and it is driving me nuts.

#6 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

got em all! 
1- the console
2- perhaps one of the most famously bad games ever?
3- jeff recently did a quick look which had this in 
4 - a conflict that took place above and below
5- angry video game nerd did a big special on this series of games, this was meant to be one of four. also can be related to a recent scuba diving quick look.
6-i have never heard of this game lol most likely just my ignorance but it looks quite similar to 'snake' on modern mobile phones.

#7 Posted by TurboMan (7509 posts) -
@cap123: can you give a bit better hints on 4-6?
#8 Posted by nobull6 (238 posts) -

Agreed, 4-6 are stumping me. Are they all games that are related to the answer for #1?

#9 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Oh man, this one's completely murdering me. I've got 1 and 2..
Any hints? @cap123:  I took a look at your list, but.. What quick look would that be..?
And also, a conflict? Oh man, I'm lost..

#10 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@h0lgr:  lol the conflict probably made it MORE complicated my bad. It is a conflict that took place in the air and the sea. 

#5 was one of a series of four games, only two got made because the company got taken over and the new boss kept the prizes for himself. it was originally a competition, where the first person to solve all the clues in the game and follow them to a page in the manual where it had an adress of something i think. The prizes were worth about 150,000$ dollars each, gold crowns, jewel encrusted swords e.t.c and their was a prize for each one of the four games. Their would be a grand prize at the end too. but as i said, the new owner just kept all the shit for himself lol and the competition never ended. The last two games were never made either, supposedly there were a few copies floating around anyway. That's all kinda useless to you though lol! maybe you could try and get something off google through that.

ANYWAY all four games had a main title, a hint to that would be - a journey to find a blade. Then they were split up into elements so the subtitle would be like 'element'world. 

this may all be too confusing sorry, it's a hard one to hint for
#11 Edited by h0lgr (908 posts) -
@cap123: Got #5. Thank you, bro. Workin on 3, 4 and 6
#12 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

#6  5.1 speaker set up without the sound

#13 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

Thanks, got 5 and 6 now, number 4 is just killing me though!

#14 Edited by h0lgr (908 posts) -

UPDATE: #4 left!
Thank you @Hockeymask27.

#15 Posted by Milkman (16677 posts) -
@h0lgr:  for #3-- It's in Game Room

Still totally stumped on #4 and #6.
#16 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
@cap123 said:
To be more specific, it doesn't involve ground battles AT ALL!
#17 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -
@Shotaro said:
" @cap123 said:
To be more specific, it doesn't involve ground battles AT ALL! "
Right, I understand the concept, but I wouldn't know where to look. Battlestations is too new,
I don't know. Any more specific hints?
#18 Posted by Cloneslayer (1627 posts) -

would appreciate more on 4.

#19 Edited by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@h0lgr:  it's not just a sea battle, it's wasn't just  fought with planes. it was a both.. it was a...
#20 Posted by Milkman (16677 posts) -

Got #4. It's pretty obvious from the clues. Just don't over think it. Now, just #6.

#21 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
@cap123 said:
" @h0lgr:  it's not just a sea battle, it's wasn't just  fought with planes. it was a both.. it was a... "
Sorry cap, i'm gonna be a grammar nazi as I think it might help...

it was AN...
#22 Posted by Cloneslayer (1627 posts) -

finally! completed generation gap. whew, tough shit

#23 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@Shotaro:  lol that's another hint
#24 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Alright, thanks @cap123:. Got it. Thank you all!
@Milkman: #6, what is the next step from stereo sound?

#25 Posted by Milkman (16677 posts) -
@Cloneslayer said:
" finally! completed generation gap. whew, tough shit "
Got any hints for #6?
#26 Edited by Shotaro (820 posts) -

I think the clue that basically outright TOLD you the answer was deleted!

Imagine this, you're in a hotel, on the run from the law and you hear them announce something to you, be really cliched, the last word without the ed!

it has NOTHING to do with your hands

#27 Posted by Milkman (16677 posts) -

Got it. I would have never gotten these without the forums. How exactly did the staff expect us to find this random ass games?

#28 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
@h0lgr said:
" @Shotaro: This cheesy line with the "last word" is used in GTA IV by the cops as well "
I never got round to finishing that actually, I will have to rememdy that sometime, though the traditional "dead period" of the gaming year seems to be drifting further into memory now
#29 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Got everything but #6, still stumped on that...

#30 Posted by Scyllz (80 posts) -

#4 is the one that still has me, is it a game on the atari 2600?

#31 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
@xobballox:  for audiophiles its synonymous with 5.1
#32 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@Shotaro: Got it, that's extremely obscure...  Thanks!
#33 Posted by Scyllz (80 posts) -

And of course, right after I post my mind clicks. Guess I just needed the sea of ideas in my mind to calm down and air out.

#34 Posted by NoRemnants (378 posts) -
@Scyllz said:
" And of course, right after I post my mind clicks. Guess I just needed the sea of ideas in my mind to calm down and air out. "
Any hints? I got all of them except #4.
#35 Edited by mrsmiley (1100 posts) -
#36 Edited by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -
@cap123 said:

" @h0lgr:   #5 was one of a series of four games, only two got made because the company got taken over and the new boss kept the prizes for himself. it was originally a competition, where the first person to solve all the clues in the game and follow them to a page in the manual where it had an adress of something i think. The prizes were worth about 150,000$ dollars each, gold crowns, jewel encrusted swords e.t.c and their was a prize for each one of the four games. Their would be a grand prize at the end too. but as i said, the new owner just kept all the shit for himself lol and the competition never ended. The last two games were never made either, supposedly there were a few copies floating around anyway. That's all kinda useless to you though lol! maybe you could try and get something off google through that.  ANYWAY all four games had a main title, a hint to that would be - a journey to find a blade. Then they were split up into elements so the subtitle would be like 'element'world.   this may all be too confusing sorry, it's a hard one to hint for "

Good thing I watch The Angry Video game Nerd. *hint hint*

Edit- Didn't notice you hinted on it already. Too bad for me then...
#37 Edited by brianbeatdown (37 posts) -

Still can't figure out #4 =/  ....err nevermind, haha.  It's so obvious I was missing it.

#38 Posted by avantegardener (1118 posts) -
@Hockeymask27:  Nice Clue! Thanks, finished at last!
#39 Posted by Knurrunkulus (75 posts) -

It's funny that no one seems to have a problem with #2, obviously also known as one of the worst games ever made. I don't have the slightest clue. Any further hints?

#40 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
@Knurrunkulus:  Maybe you should CALL YOUR PARENTS
#41 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

How the fuck is Nolan Bushnell not a correct answer for this shit

#42 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
@josty81:   I don't get that either, but he isn't which kinda sucks, it's a bit of a debacle, like the absence of Miyamoto from the important people in gaming. 
#43 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -
@Shotaro: Presumably they will be in later quests somehow.
#44 Posted by Knurrunkulus (75 posts) -
@Shotaro said:
" @Knurrunkulus:  Maybe you should CALL YOUR PARENTS "
No, they wouldn't know the answer as well. ;) Now, seriously: glad about the hint, but I'm not feeling it yet.
#45 Posted by escher (52 posts) -

Can I get another hint for #3?  Something not Jeff/Game Room related?

#46 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@Knurrunkulus:  YOU NEED TO PHONE BACK HOME

you know, just to check up

@escher: pirates say the first part of the title alot.
#47 Posted by Knurrunkulus (75 posts) -
@escher said:
" Can I get another hint for #3?  Something not Jeff/Game Room related? "
Yarr ... i mean: Yes, you can. ;)
#48 Posted by escher (52 posts) -

Holy crap!  I loved that game, I have no clue how I overlooked it.

Thanks guys.  :)

#49 Posted by Knurrunkulus (75 posts) -
@cap123 said:
" @Knurrunkulus:  YOU NEED TO PHONE BACK HOME

you know, just to check up

Thanks. Turns out that I actually WAS on absolutely the right track after the "Call your Parents"-Hint, but simply clicked on the wrong game.
#50 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

I was so sure Nolan Bushnell would be considered one of the founding fathers, since he honestly was the only early-age videogame pioneer I could think off. 

After spending a lot of time searching for other people who might be considered "founding fathers" without any luck, I've pretty much given up on this quest. 

Apparently I can understand from someone's hints in this tread, none of the subjects are people - Which differently flies in the face of the assumptions I thought the quest was about.