• 52 results
#1 Edited by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

While I've got some of these quests, a couple of them are really hard.

I was sure I could get the "Flash in the Pan" really easy, but I can't get the #1 (I have #2-4).

Also, anyone have clues for "Founding Fathers" or "Can I Get Some Quarters?"
#2 Posted by ZipCrash (175 posts) -

I also need help with Founding Fathers (have 1 done) and Can I Get Some Quarters (have 3 out of 6)

#3 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -

For "Flash in the Pan" #1 think mobile platforms...

I also need some help with "Can I Get Some Quarters?" (I only need the last 2)
They seem to revolve around games known for high scores as far as I can tell

#4 Posted by Wadawoodo (72 posts) -

Number one is the only one i have 

My clue is one big ear.
#5 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

quarters is difficult. they're both known for 2 particular games which i have and another which is obvious given the first 2. but 3 of them i have absolutely no idea.

#6 Posted by Knurrunkulus (76 posts) -

The Quarters are really difficult, I agree. Have only got three out of six yet. Two are games and one is a location. Can someone tell me if I need more than two games or if the missing three are made up of entirely different things than game names?

#7 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

I'm the 7th to manage this set. For founding fathers I literally opened every game page for a certain old console. It unlocked like 3 from the end of a set of 500 games.

#8 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -
@Knurrunkulus: Out of the four that I have for quarters, three are games, so you're missing at least one. I wasn't aware about a location so thanks for that!
#9 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

Quarters is made up of a 'platform' and 5 games.

#10 Posted by Knurrunkulus (76 posts) -
@Shaunage: 5 games? Seriously? Hell, I've already tried just about every highscorey game I could think of with relation to Wiebe and Mitchell. Anyway, thanks for the reply
#11 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

Quarters is vicious. Only got 3.

#12 Edited by MutenMiller (216 posts) -

I'm just missing the very last (bottom of the list) game in " Can I Get Some Quarters?" before I complete the set. Driving me pretty crazy trying to figure it out. Any hints, no matter how vague, would be greatly appreciated ;)

#13 Posted by Shaunage (712 posts) -

The last two games on the list, while vaguely similar to each other, seem completely out of place with the other three. Maybe there's a connection I missed.

#14 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

Having finaaaaally completed the set, I have to say this was the toughest and certainly the most vague. Anyway I'm happy I'm done with it.

#15 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
@Goly said:
" Having finaaaaally completed the set, I have to say this was the toughest and certainly the most vague. Anyway I'm happy I'm done with it. "
How about some clues!?!
#16 Posted by Knurrunkulus (76 posts) -
@JokerSmilez said:
" @Goly said:
" Having finaaaaally completed the set, I have to say this was the toughest and certainly the most vague. Anyway I'm happy I'm done with it. "
How about some clues!?! "
Same here, I would love some clues because I'm definitely stuck on this one.
#17 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

the last 2 are beat em alls.

#18 Posted by PirateChris (17 posts) -

The last one for "Can I Get Some Quarters?" has been remade for Xbox Live and PSN.

#19 Posted by Knurrunkulus (76 posts) -
@PirateChris said:
" The last one for "Can I Get Some Quarters?" has been remade for Xbox Live and PSN. "
Thanks, that really helped. Now I'm only missing the fifth one.
#20 Posted by Knurrunkulus (76 posts) -
@Knurrunkulus said:
" @PirateChris said:
" The last one for "Can I Get Some Quarters?" has been remade for Xbox Live and PSN. "
Thanks, that really helped. Now I'm only missing the fifth one. "
And now I also have the fifth one. "Chinese mythology" x 2 from another thread was what helped me with it
#21 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
@PirateChris said:
You seem to be implying Final Fight. But it's not, because I go there and nothing...What am I missing???
#22 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@mnzy:  lol better than going through the 95 pages of arcade cabinet titles like i did :)

hint: if you do this, for the love of GOD start at the last page and go back
#23 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

Ok, finally got the last one. You can select from one of 4 characters, even though they all look pretty much the same but with different weapons.

Also, I didn't even know this was released in the arcade. I thought it was just for Super Nintendo.

#24 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@mnzy:  i must of misread your first comment or something, i think i thought you said i'm NOT... bleh whatever lol

um the stars of the game have a friend who is a rat
#25 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@mnzy:
I'd like ANY hint for Founding Fathers. I got the rest of this set, but am missing those ones.
#26 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

I can't freaking figure out the Flash in the Pan thing. Just #2 left.
I could've sword it would have been the Atari 5200 but it wasn't..
Anyone? Anything?

#27 Posted by BrendenDonaher (89 posts) -
@LiquidSaiyan3: Think Turtles and Dragons 
#28 Edited by h0lgr (908 posts) -
@mnzy:  Hmm... :/ Home console or arcade, or what are we lookin at here?
Could have sworm I've been through every platform on the GB platforms pages..
#29 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -
@mnzy: I must be missing something here... It's not the N__ G__... I tried that. (censored it incase im just having a bug)
What am I doing wrong here?
#30 Edited by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Yeah, number two. Tried the page a million times... :/
I dn't know, it seems to be bugging

#31 Posted by Laharl (350 posts) -

Im having trouble with the very last battle royale clue, i swear ive typed in every single console ever made.....

#32 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@Laharl: What was considered the Genesis' direct competition?
#33 Posted by Laharl (350 posts) -
@Driadon: 
Got it, coulda sworn i had looked at that page, maybe in all the hubbub of the initial day it didnt count.
#34 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@Laharl said:
" Im having trouble with the very last battle royale clue, i swear ive typed in every single console ever made..... "
Same. Anybody solved Battle Royale, yet? I could swear it's bugged, I've clicked every console on the list as well.
#35 Edited by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@mnzy: Thanks for those hints, all I'm missing is 4 and 6 now since I can't figure out those hints. 
Edit: got 4, still no 6.
#36 Posted by Shirogane (3574 posts) -
@emkeighcameron said:
" @Laharl said:
" Im having trouble with the very last battle royale clue, i swear ive typed in every single console ever made..... "
Same. Anybody solved Battle Royale, yet? I could swear it's bugged, I've clicked every console on the list as well. "

Battle Royale is a bit misleading... 

It's more like 2 generations of wars than 1 4 way battle.
#37 Posted by brianbeatdown (37 posts) -

Can anyone help on #4 of Quarters? It's killing me.

#38 Posted by Shirogane (3574 posts) -
@brianbeatdown said:
"Can anyone help on #4 of Quarters? It's killing me. "

Go watch that PIXEL video that ryan or jeff put up. And go find every game on there that you see. 

Or just go try cross a busy highway...
#39 Posted by brianbeatdown (37 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @brianbeatdown said:
"Can anyone help on #4 of Quarters? It's killing me. "
Go watch that PIXEL video that ryan or jeff put up. And go find every game on there that you see.  Or just go try cross a busy highway... "
Thank you!
#40 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
" @Laharl said:
Same. Anybody solved Battle Royale, yet? I could swear it's bugged, I've clicked every console on the list as well. "
Battle Royale is a bit misleading...  It's more like 2 generations of wars than 1 4 way battle. "
Are all four objects on the list considered "platforms"? Or is one of them a totally different kind of thing? (because I have three out of four, and those three are all platforms)
#41 Posted by Shirogane (3574 posts) -
@emkeighcameron:
They're all platforms/consoles. 
If you have 3, it should be easy, 2 of them should be same gen. The other one different gen, look for its rival.
#42 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @emkeighcameron: They're all platforms/consoles. If you have 3, it should be easy, 2 of them should be same gen. The other one different gen, look for its rival. "
Wow, that was total bullshit, I had been to that 4th page like a million times, and it only just now registered.

Thanks for the help though, finally got Generation Gap done
#43 Posted by Kreega (32 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" Got them all now, I'll try to give hints:  1: An old platform with a number at the end.2: Considered the worst game ever.3: Part of the Game Room Quick Look, Jeff made a challenge for it 4: Clue from somebody else: you could split the armed forces into three different fields, two of them feature in this title 5: Was part of one of the latest AVGN episodes, it had a tournament with very expensive prizes 6: I think it is similar to snake, also the name of an audio technology. "
These were hugely helpful, thanks a bunch duder.

#185 baby.
#44 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Missing number 4 for Battle Royale. I've entered every console on Wikipedia's list and I haven't gotten it. Hints? 

#45 Posted by MB (12416 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Missing number 4 for Battle Royale. I've entered every console on Wikipedia's list and I haven't gotten it. Hints?  "
Try thinking about consoles made by companies that no longer make consoles...it was released shortly after the NES.
#46 Edited by lordofultima (6249 posts) -

Missing Founding Fathers #2.

#47 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@MB said:
" @Geno said:
" Missing number 4 for Battle Royale. I've entered every console on Wikipedia's list and I haven't gotten it. Hints?  "
Try thinking about consoles made by companies that no longer make consoles...it was released shortly after the NES. "
Heh, you gave me the wrong clue (since number 4's maker is still in the console business), but that actually helped me find the right answer by making me try one that I thought was too obvious. Woot level 10. Will probably stay here though since I find most of these quests to be pretty hard. 
#48 Posted by MB (12416 posts) -
@Geno said:
Sorry, I'm an idiot. My clue was for Battle Royale #3.

For Battle Royal 4, the last one on the list...try going forward in time a little.
#49 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Missing Quarters #5 (A beat-em up with four characters that are all different colors, something to do with "chinese mythology x2") and Founding Fathers #2. "
MQ5: Think of the single most prominent figure in Chinese mythology (which is also present in some other mythologies).  
#50 Posted by lordofultima (6249 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @lordofultima said:
" Missing Quarters #5 (A beat-em up with four characters that are all different colors, something to do with "chinese mythology x2") and Founding Fathers #2. "
MQ5: Think of the single most prominent figure in Chinese mythology (which is also present in some other mythologies).   "
Yeah got both of them right before I read this. lol