#1 Posted by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

has the Bomb crew given up on Quests? it seems that there's been no new quests since December.

#2 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Yeah, it's a little disappointing. I enjoy clicking around the site chasing the quest pages down. Hopefully we'll get something soon.

#3 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

There haven't been any interns since December and then they were busy selling the company for a good part of the start of the year. Jeff has said that he is excited about coming up with new quests soon. I bet they have one up in time for E3.

#4 Posted by Slag (3995 posts) -

I thought I heard on one of the bombcasts (or radio dave maybe?), Jeff say quests will definitely be coming back.

#5 Edited by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

@mosespippy: I knew that, I was just looking at the quests and realizing how long it's been since they put one out and how they used to do one for like every big new game that came out.

I guess what I said was more of a statement then a question lol

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

They've been redesigning the site for a while, so that's probably been taking up all the quest building resources.

#7 Posted by AutomaticOwl (52 posts) -

Ah the above comments make sense. I've been missing the quests. Here's hoping for a quick return.

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

As per our conversations with Alexis and Dave yesterday, quests are low down on the list of priorities at the minute/for a few months. But if they make it back in the future, it'll probably in that new sexy High Def Shit.

#9 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

Considering that they've just moved offices, we should give them some time.

#10 Posted by AndrewB (7490 posts) -

My only question is: does that mean the rehiring of Kat?

#11 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Hopefully there'll be an e3 one, I've done everyone I could so far and I'm so close to getting to 36!!

#12 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

Quests? People care about quests? The only thing about the system that strikes me as even remotely interesting are the wiki points.

#13 Posted by Dedlok (35 posts) -

@Jrinswand: It's pretty much just like achievements. Some peopel like it for bragging points, some people like it because they find unlocking/completing stuff fun. Some people like them because they like a a good puzzle/test.. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but some people do enjoy it.

#14 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

Quests? People care about quests? The only thing about the system that strikes me as even remotely interesting are the wiki points.

Good, fun brain teasers related to a subject we all like: video games. Keeps our brains from zombification.

#15 Posted by BearSpark (52 posts) -

Errrr, forgive me for being a bit of a dumbass, I am British afterall but what are these Quests? I mean, point wise, as in What is the point? I don't even understand what the point of XBox Achievements are let alone some quests on a web page. Xbox Achievement contribute to nothing other than to show other people how great you are at games. Great. Well. Done. You.

Anway, I enjoy the site. N+I normally look out for a QL prior to buying a game. Doesn't affect my decision but I like it all the same. And it's funny watching you all stumble about on the games. I'm no better.

#16 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Quests, achievement tracking, guides...there's quite a few things.

Then again, there's a site redesign coming at some point, so I'm sure all those quests we did will all be for naught. I'm really hoping that they keep achievement tracking and actually do something with it rather than just "hey, here's some stuff for your profile". Aggregate that shit, throw it up on the front page or something!

#17 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (954 posts) -

Hey guyz. If Quests come back, I won't be a part of them. My tumblr will have more, don't want to say it here.

#18 Posted by wordfalling (193 posts) -

@Turbo_Toaster: Sad to hear that.

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

@Turbo_Toaster: Just take me out back and blow my brains out with a shotgun whilst your at it, Jesus.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (23878 posts) -

@Turbo_Toaster said:

Hey guyz. If Quests come back, I won't be a part of them. My tumblr will have more, don't want to say it here.

That's disappointing. I'm interested in reading why.