#1 Posted by paulunga (1966 posts) -

Okay, this is the last Quest in the RPG Scavenger set I didn't get yet. I know what weapon to look for, duh. But what monster are they talking about? The only thing that's close to the earth and use this tool I could think of were dwarves and that didn't work. Any hints?

#2 Edited by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

A Simpson's episode involves Bart putting a scroll in the answer's mouth to do his bidding. Also it's a Pokemon, but the Pokemon doesn't have a hammer because it doesn't need one.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Wow, really?  That's the answer?  I'm curious to know where they decided THAT uses the weapon of choice it has listed.  Maybe I missed something somewhere? 

Oh well, got it.  Thanks.

#4 Posted by paulunga (1966 posts) -

Wow, yeah, I would have never guessed that one on my own. Thanks for the help!

#5 Posted by mrsmiley (1082 posts) -

What in the world?! Man, thank god for kind members providing hints. I suppose I shouldn't expect any less than random nonsensical quests from these guys, haha.

#6 Posted by Cloneslayer (1626 posts) -

As in "close to the earth", its closer than just close. 
The monster also shares its name with that of a Pokemon.

#7 Posted by AllanIceman (1322 posts) -

I don't get what one has to do with the other? Thanks though.

#8 Posted by Twazuk (178 posts) -

For those that don't get it, "Hammer Smash" and "Fire Bad" are about certain monsters and their weaknesses.

#9 Edited by ikwal (225 posts) -

I'm going to go crazy if I find out what the answer is! What's the name of the pokemon? I really don't get it. The answer should have been dwarf, anything else is highly illogical. 

Wow that one was really strange. The pokemon thing didn't help at all. If anyone still needs help, it's a kind of stone creature (that doesn't use hammers at all, at least I've never seen it).

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, this one sucked. I got it because it was one of the choices when I searched a different object. Oh, and the pokemon hint helped, so thanks.

#11 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

It sounds like a lord of the rings character who has a dear love for a circular object.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Huge.  Ass.  Rock.

#13 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Yea that's really irritating (got it now).  Not a helpful clue.

#14 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -

i see my constantly refreshing the troll page was in vain

#15 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Huge.  Ass.  Rock. "
and 

@ProjektGill said:
".... Also it's a Pokemon, but the Pokemon doesn't have a hammer because it doesn't need one. "
these two clues should help you get it.
#16 Posted by Jhriad (115 posts) -

Still don't have the weakness for this guy.  The weakness for it varies by game/source if it HAS a weakness.  Any clues for that part?

#17 Posted by nick_verissimo (1381 posts) -

When you saw the quest called "Hammer Smash" did anyone else immediately attempt searching Face?  just wondering...

#18 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

Oh, wow... I get it.

Quick trivia: did you guys know that it is the only Pokemon you can't see in the 1st generation without trading?

#19 Posted by Shirogane (3566 posts) -
@Ariketh said:
"Oh, wow... I get it.  Quick trivia: did you guys know that it is the only Pokemon you can't see in the 1st generation without trading? "

Where does Alakazam show up? 

And absolutely no trainer has it? Nobody?
#20 Posted by midgetjacks (3 posts) -

I never would've guessed a pokemon for the answer, was looking at skeletons and such
#21 Posted by ElectricBoogaloo (352 posts) -
#22 Posted by paulunga (1966 posts) -

Don't go to the Pokemon page, go to the monster page with the same name.

#23 Posted by Kazona (3063 posts) -

The pokemon hint isn't helping me at all since I don't know anything about pokemon.

#24 Posted by MaskedGamer (179 posts) -

It only shares the name with a pokemon but is featured in many games

#25 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

So, i found the character. Now i just need the weapon. No idea what it could be though, since the most obvious thing I could think of didn't work.

#26 Posted by Snappy (13 posts) -
@Shirogane:
No, you can see Alakazam in those games, but there is another Pokemon that you can't.
#27 Posted by Brackynews (4056 posts) -
@Korone said:
" i see my constantly refreshing the troll page was in vain "
You were trolling the troll page?  Now that's meta.
#28 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -
@ProjektGill said:
" A Simpson's episode involves Bart putting a scroll in the answer's mouth to do his bidding. Also it's a Pokemon, but the Pokemon doesn't have a hammer because it doesn't need one. "
without this hint I don't think I would have ever figured it out.
#29 Posted by Kazona (3063 posts) -
@sopranosfan said:
" @ProjektGill said:
" A Simpson's episode involves Bart putting a scroll in the answer's mouth to do his bidding. Also it's a Pokemon, but the Pokemon doesn't have a hammer because it doesn't need one. "
without this hint I don't think I would have ever figured it out. "
I still can't figure it out, even with the hint. Ugh.
#30 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

One's mainly made of stone, the other you use on nails.

#31 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Shale.

#32 Edited by dillinger (178 posts) -

that weapon is almost never used by this "monster" anywhere.  in fact, it might actually never be used by it.  what the hell? 

edit: 

or wait, the weapon supposed to be its "weakness"?  if so the wording of the question is poor "its instrument of destruction" implies that this monster uses the instrument for destruction purposes.

#33 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

I really don't understand what the two have in common with eachother.

#34 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -
@Cloneslayer said:
" As in "close to the earth", its closer than just close. The monster also shares its name with that of a Pokemon. "
This helped me lots.
#35 Posted by aproposshadows (182 posts) -
#36 Posted by Faroon (62 posts) -

Maaaaaaaaaan.  That is just about the last thing I would have thought of.  Bah.

#37 Posted by theQman121 (86 posts) -

No information about weaknesses has seemed to help me at all. I have the first part down already, but the last part... not so.

#38 Posted by TurkeyFried (21 posts) -

The hint should have pointed at the material the creature is made of.

#39 Posted by AngelofDeath (26 posts) -
@nick_verissimo:
Thats the first thing I searched!
#40 Posted by EeTMeeL (186 posts) -

A Golem?!  What is wrong with you Giant Bomb?!

#41 Posted by Sedado77 (2 posts) -

nice the pokémon hint. Got it with

@FluxWaveZ said:

" Huge. Ass. Rock. "

and

@ProjektGill said:

".... Also it's a Pokemon, but the Pokemon doesn't have a hammer because it doesn't need one. "

these two clues should help you get it.

:)

#42 Posted by n0nametaz (273 posts) -

How is a hammer its weapon of choice wtf? I thought it was a dwarf too. Dwarf makes a lot more sense.