#1 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

i think it has, the scavenger hunt is alot of fun... but the stuff that wants one to add 25 followers or get 25 followers is a bad idea in my opinion.  i have gone from 3 followers to 8 followers in the matter of a day (only 8 because the system is lagging and people that follow me are not showing up as following me)
i forsee alot of pointless posts, blog posts, and status updates and its going to make the forum half of this website suck i think. Heck i have even made a relatively pointless blog post already and two retarded status updates so far...
 /rant

#2 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

Yeah. I went from like 21 to 28 like THAT man. Like THAT.

#3 Posted by wh1terav3n (661 posts) -

Haha. Yeah this seems like those multiplayer achievements that are like "get 25 kills with a rocket launcher" that completely break the game because everyone MUST HAVE ROCKET LAUNCHER NOW. I think it will normalize in a week or so though.

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

Coincidentally, when I clicked on this thread another person followed me.

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I think so. 
I can't even unfollow those blog spamming kids I somehow seem to be following. 
Goes to show that I shouldn't have given the community the benefit of the doubt since they all turned out to be weirdos

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" Coincidentally, when I clicked on this thread another person followed me. "
same here.  
 
i've gained 10 followers from the questing stuff and well, i can safely say that for the time being, that follower number is useless. 
#7 Posted by Phished0ne (2540 posts) -

Thank you for contributing to the Quest-related spam, by posting another  complaining forum thread.  
 
  I, on the other hand, have gained no followers, and i also havent added anyone. People are so weak-willed, they see a quest and go "OH I GOTTA DO THAT RIGHT NOW"...*SMH*

#8 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Follower number is useless at the moment, but the flucuation (spelling?) for follower count will settle and bounce back normally within about a month or so.

#9 Posted by Tiwi (1402 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @natetodamax said:
" Coincidentally, when I clicked on this thread another person followed me. "
same here.  
 
i've gained 10 followers from the questing stuff and well, i can safely say that for the time being, that follower number is useless.  "
I haven't gotten any...
#10 Posted by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

Yeah but its probably the only way i'll ever get 25 followers

#11 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

Followed. lol

#12 Posted by Majkiboy (995 posts) -

I hope that there won't be many quests like theese... although it's a good way of making ppl using the functions... Inflation in the quest system here we come!
Well... Even I tried to edit a page just for the sake of a Q.. but it totally glitched.. so fuck that :P I won't be going for Q's like a fool anymore!
And well, I'm no achievement-whore either so.. :)

#13 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

Yeah... Yeah...

#14 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

Not reaaaally, no.
 
They may follow you just for the quests but then might stay for the awesome flow of content brought straight to their profile.
 
...or they just get tired of your shit and unfollow you once the quest is done. It will sort itself out after a short while, but for now it's exposing people to more of the community at least.

#15 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

jmrwacko added me 4 times and went from 24 to 28. So something seems busted.

#16 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:
" Thank you for contributing to the Quest-related spam, by posting another  complaining forum thread.     I, on the other hand, have gained no followers, and i also havent added anyone. People are so weak-willed, they see a quest and go "OH I GOTTA DO THAT RIGHT NOW"...*SMH* "
No, thank you for contributing to more Quest=related threads, by posting a reply in it and keeping it going.   
 
Oh crap, I just did the same thing - oh the irony  :-)
#17 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

I didn't follow anyone up until...yesterday, where i decided i'd follow 1 person.  
Although i guess i should start now, most of the people i'd want to follow are in this thread, makes things simple.

#18 Posted by MB (13138 posts) -
Check out my profile. Followers were rendered irrelevant for me long ago - now I just keep my followed list small and manageable.
Moderator
#19 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -

Meh. The quest system seems interesting but rings a bit.... you know what?
 
Just watch the newest Facebook episode of South Park.

#20 Posted by John_Bender (99 posts) -

It will die down soon, still think it's a great idea and enjoying the quests.

#21 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

always those who cheat the system man.

#22 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

I don't really see the problem. You don't have to follow people who follow you, so if you think it's just "follow spam," don't follow them back. If you're talking about the number of followers being skewed because the internet is some big popularity contest, you're wacko, and I'd direct you to the latest episode of South Park.
 
People I've started following since the quest system was put in place were people I meant to follow anyway.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Followers never meant anything anyways.

#24 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I'm sure everything will come back to normal when the 'New n' Shiny' mentality wears off. Personally, I never had many followers. If anything, the Quests are making things better for people like me - people who have little to no followers normally and yet use the site frequently. Although, even after saying that, I only have two followers more after getting the Quests System added to the site. Ah.
 
However, after saying that, look at people like MB, Hamz, and Jeff. Odds are members like those, who have red strips under their names for being Staff or Moderators, will be the 'go-to' for people who simply want to do the Quest.

#25 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MB said:
"
Check out my profile. Followers were rendered irrelevant for me long ago - now I just keep my followed list small and manageable.
"
But everyone loves you MB! Thats why they follow you..to watch..everything.....
#26 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

It'll calm down shortly here...this reminds me of all those "kill people with x weapon" achievements.

#27 Posted by _k1_ (199 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01 said:
" It'll calm down shortly here...this reminds me of all those "kill people with x weapon" achievements. "
Yup.  Only followed the staff before this.  I'll follow 25 random people than remove them all.  In a couple weeks this will all be forgotten. 
#28 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@_k1_ said:
" @GrilledCheez01 said:
" It'll calm down shortly here...this reminds me of all those "kill people with x weapon" achievements. "
Yup.  Only followed the staff before this.  I'll follow 25 random people than remove them all.  In a couple weeks this will all be forgotten.  "
Don't remove me please :'( 
But srsly, I'm cool if you decide to remove me once your quest is completed. It'd be funny if a new quest was "Follow 100 people" though ;)