This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I'm really starting to think that I'm not going to get this quest finished. I'm not that big of an attention grabber. So in the past, what have you guys done to grab the mods or staffs attention?

#2 Posted by ThatFrood (3360 posts) -

I'm confused.

#3 Posted by jkz (3955 posts) -

Oh jesus christ, this is going to start an embarrassing trend. 
 
Not that I'm blaming you: it was an inevitability, sort of like diarrhea or syphilis.

#4 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -

I can't say too much, but it involved a length of rope, some chloroform and the trunk of a stolen car.

Moderator
#5 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -
@jukezypoo said:
" it was an inevitability, sort of like diarrhea and syphilis. "
Fuh-fuh-fixed!
Moderator
#6 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" I can't say too much, but it involved a length of rope, some chloroform and the trunk of a stolen car. "
What if instead I used candy and an ice cream truck.
#7 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

Oh, that's just dastardly... they don't want to give you the quest, but now they have to view the thread to lock it...
 
(I think?  Not exactly sure how the mod tools work on GB)

#8 Posted by RioStarwind (370 posts) -

Just keep posting about what ever you want to talk about. You just need a little patience. It may take a while but someone will notice you someday.

#9 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

:|

#10 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@RioStarwind said:
" Just keep posting about what ever you want to talk about. You just need a little patience. It may take a while but someone will notice you someday. "
I don't know. I think I'm like one of those ghosts from Super Mario World. I'm only noticeable when their back is turned, but once they face me I disappear.
#11 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

i already got one to view my thread but whoever it was didnt post.... grrr

#12 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

One of 'em viewed a blog of mine earlier; didn't leave a post, but who cares? Got my points.

#13 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

For some reason I can already hear their thoughts now. "You know what? I'm just going to ignore this. But I have to delete it somehow. FUCK!!"

#14 Posted by Mmmslash (2165 posts) -

Jeff replied to me once, but that was before this quest.
 
;_;

#15 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Mmmslash said:
" Jeff replied to me once, but that was before this quest.  ;_; "
Yeah me too. A long time ago. He didn't seem too happy.
#16 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@Mmmslash: same here! he basically called me an idiot for not getting a joke that referenced one line in a 20 year old song, it was the best day of my life
#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

If I were a mod I would purposely avoid this thread. Jus' saying.

Online
#18 Posted by Mmmslash (2165 posts) -
@ch13696: @NickL: 
 
Uh, he was really nice to me, and told me I was right and stuff.
 
<3
#19 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Mmmslash said:
" @ch13696: @NickL:   Uh, he was really nice to me, and told me I was right and stuff.  <3 "
Damn. He told me I was messed up because of a lil fiasco during the Battlefield 1943 reviews.
#20 Edited by btman (1038 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:

" If I were a mod I would purposely avoid this thread. Jus' saying. "

I'm sure they're gonna do that for every thread like this.
#21 Posted by nukesniper (1311 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" I'm really starting to think that I'm not going to get this quest finished. I'm not that big of an attention grabber. So in the past, what have you guys done to grab the mods or staffs attention? "
I pointed out that Ryan was actually in the "Special Thanks" section of the Guitar Hero 2 instruction booklet. That would have got me the quest completed, but that was long ago.  
 
I've put these 1984 quests up to "eventually I will be able to get them without becoming annoying."
#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

I say just keep putting effort into contributing stuff to the site and sooner or later the mods should check out your threads or profile.

Moderator Online
#23 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

Just make a thread that is guaranteed to be locked. The mods will have to enter the thread in order to lock it, right?