#1 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Can't seem to figure out the 3rd one. The first two were easy, but then I hit a wall. Any help?

#2 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -

Can anyone confirm that it is not bugged? I swear I've visited every possibility and I had Up and Atom bug out on me in the same way last night.

#3 Posted by nobull6 (238 posts) -

Not bugged. The third item may, or may not be, a game. I wonder what else could be related to this quest?

#4 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

It was bugged for me in the sense that it didn't "bleep" when I found it.

I searched around for like an hour waiting for the bleep but it never happened.

I finally gave up in disgust and when I checked my quest tracker, turns out it was filled up with all three points.

#5 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -
@nobull6: Okay, dur, I got it. Haha, I was just being stubborn that it had to be a game.
#6 Posted by MaxPower13124 (18 posts) -

I have no idea where to even start on this one.  Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

#7 Posted by killerjt (137 posts) -

This part of the clue "Van frickin' Halen"  will help with #3

I need some help with #1 and #2.

#8 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Always look for a name with these types of quests first when they're given.

#9 Edited by Leptok (942 posts) -

Arg duh, I don't know why didn't I think to check that.

#10 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

All the achievement names for Music Appreciation 101 are bigger clues than people think they are.

#11 Posted by ExcessDebris (146 posts) -

ugh The third one is driving me nuts.

#12 Posted by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -

the third one is somewhere in the clue

#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Mentioning him touring with Van Halen is a big clue for 3.

#14 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I need help with 1 and 2

#15 Posted by Dynoro (113 posts) -

For #1 look at the "surname" in the quest title..just cannot get #2
#16 Posted by Wadawoodo (58 posts) -

I have non of these :- /
#17 Posted by Wadawoodo (58 posts) -

okay scratch that i just got all three in 2 minutes
#18 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Got #1 and #3, but I'm completely clueless for #2.

#19 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...I'm completely lost on #3

#20 Posted by ahab88 (240 posts) -

Wow. Finally shredded the third one. I was fretting over it for a while. Might have got it sooner if I was born in 1984.

#21 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

Hint for #3: It's not necessarily a game. It tells you in the hint.

#22 Posted by Wes899 (2108 posts) -

I'm not seeing any kind of hint for #3.

#23 Edited by AllanIceman (1323 posts) -

I need help for 1 and 2. I don't know ant composers that are named Hope. 

Nevermind got all 3.

#24 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -

Still need all 3.  I gather I need a guitarist born in 1984?  I can't get anything from these clues.

#25 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -

Oh man I feel so stupid now that I have no 3.  Still no idea about 1 & 2 though.

#26 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -

#1: "Hot For Kirk Hope"?  I don't really like that guy, but I'm totally into the duo known as Kirk and Hope, especially when their powers combine to form...

#27 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -

Still stumped.  Am I looking for people or games for 1 & 2?  Is it an anagram of Kirk & Hope?  Is it games that no 3 has worked on?

#28 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -
@SquadBroken: 

1. The Composer
2. A Game he worked on
3. Another person, mentioned in the quest
#29 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -
@ahab88 said:
" Wow. Finally shredded the third one. I was fretting over it for a while. Might have got it sooner if I was born in 1984. "
Yeah, that Really Got Me too. At one point I was just about ready to Erupt, but then I decided to Jump over to Panama for a couple of days to Finish What I Started. When I was down there I talked to some Beautiful Girls who I thought were Unchained, but when I asked one of them if she wanted to Dance the Night Away, she replied "I Ain't Talkin' 'bout love". I swear, the Summer Nights down there were so hot it was like Runnin' with the Devil.
#30 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -
@Elazul: And now for a similar clue for no. 1 please
#31 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -
@SquadBroken said:
" @Elazul: And now for a similar clue for no. 1 please "
Okay, this is the best I can do: 

Number 1 is a composer. His name technically is an anagram of Kirk and Hope, but it's a lot simpler than that makes it sound.

Number 2 is a game he did the music for. It's also Brad's favorite game in the whole world.
#32 Posted by Alcamin (151 posts) -

I'm still having problems with this one. So far, the clues for #'s 1 - 2 have not helped. I'm at a complete loss here. Can anyone come up with any others? 

Also,   Elazul mentioned Brad's fav game for #2, but if his profile is to be believed that isn't right either, unless I'm missing something. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been puzzling over this one for ages!

#33 Posted by AdventFalls (73 posts) -
@Alcamin: 
#1- This composer did work on two of the best N64 platformers, and is responsible for the intentionally bad DK Rap.
#2- This is probably Rare's most prominent game after they left Nintendo.
#34 Posted by Alcamin (151 posts) -
@AdventFalls: OMG! I feel like an idiot now. How could I have missed that? No excuse.

Thanks for the help, mate. Much appreciated!
#35 Posted by eurotransient (7 posts) -
@ahab88 said:
" Wow. Finally shredded the third one. I was fretting over it for a while. Might have got it sooner if I was born in 1984. "
I see what you did there.
#36 Posted by SamLynn (13 posts) -

A hint for #2... ummm these are fun at birthday parties when you're little or if you like hitting flamboyant animals with a stick without PETA hating you.Now apply that to a certain game