#1 Posted by TimesHero (685 posts) -

Giant Bomb is my number one place to go for all things video game related. I love all the different personalities (old and new) and the content they produce on a regular basis.

I am currently sitting here, mid-day Saturday, in Canada, on an American long weekend, with nothing to kill the time at the moment. I've exhausted the games I feel like playing, I've already been outside a bunch doing house work and I just want to relax inside for a few hours while the laundry tumbles before I go out tonight.

I flashed back to a couple years ago, when I found myself in a similar predicament. The first thing I did was come here and knock out a couple quests. I learned some new things and was lead to some pages that needed to be touched up.

TL;DR: I'd like to spend more time surfin' Giant Bomb, and the addition of quests allowed that to happen.

#2 Posted by guanophobic (305 posts) -

Yeah, was a really great way to dive deeper into games you kinda knew nothing about.

The wiki hasn't been visited as much on my part, since they went away.

#3 Posted by Slag (4379 posts) -

I do miss quests, but I miss achievement syncing more.

I seriously doubt either will ever be back though.

#4 Posted by poser (414 posts) -

I'm for anything that makes this site more interactive.

#5 Posted by joshwent (2207 posts) -

@slag said:

Ideally, if GB East grows and maybe even GB Central, then Jeff and the team could make the argument to CBS for some Giant Bomb/Comic Vine exclusive programmers again. As it is now, Alexis and the team are stretched way too thin doing stuff for Gamespot and apparently other C-net things too.

If we had our own "top men" again, neither of those things would be too crazy.

Quests were fantastic. :/

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11020 posts) -

While I do miss quests too, I feel like so many of them were totally obscure jokes that only the GB crew themselves got, and it was way too hard to get a lot of them.

I won't complain if they come back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe around the time the next Endurance...

#7 Posted by ToTheNines (721 posts) -

I never really participated much in quest and not entirely sure what they were about. Also I could be entirely wrong, but I imagined they were something Dave mostly took care of and maintained?

#8 Posted by NicksCorner (416 posts) -

The quests were an excellent way to showcase the wiki. I miss them as well.

#9 Posted by Slag (4379 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@slag said:

Ideally, if GB East grows and maybe even GB Central, then Jeff and the team could make the argument to CBS for some Giant Bomb/Comic Vine exclusive programmers again. As it is now, Alexis and the team are stretched way too thin doing stuff for Gamespot and apparently other C-net things too.

If we had our own "top men" again, neither of those things would be too crazy.

Quests were fantastic. :/

yeah that's my hope too.

I also wonder if our best chance is for CBSi to buy a raptr.com or something like that and incorporating in with gb/gs/gf. That in some ways seems more plausible than making their achievement aggregator from scratch

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Boy, were quests ever a waste of time.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11940 posts) -

Yep, poor wiki :(

#12 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
That can be arranged.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

Boy, were quests ever a waste of time.

Wasn't that the whole point? That's why I loved them. When they'd tease that a new quest set was going up at midnight I'd stay up late and try to see how quickly I could finish it.

#14 Posted by wrecks (2257 posts) -

Quests were a great way to get me to dive into the wiki to browse, edit, update. I would probably have zero points if it wasn't for the quests. I hope people still edit the wiki, but if they do... why?

#15 Posted by 71Ranchero (2771 posts) -

The idea was good but the execution was pretty bad. I wonder what happened to the kid that built the quest system. Didnt he get drunk and pass out in the office during the Xboxapocalypse and then get fired the next day?

#16 Posted by Daze (56 posts) -

I think I have a rough idea of what quests were but could someone explain them to me.

#17 Posted by Itwongo (1198 posts) -

@daze: Scavenger hunts. You get a hint and have to find the page on the site. Then you get a little website achievement.

#18 Edited by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

They say that there's a hard drive somewhere with all of the quest data saved on it for ever account active in the move to the new site. One day we will find this hard drive, and quests will be reborn!

#19 Posted by TheKing (835 posts) -

I miss a lot of stuff this site used to do...

#20 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

#bringbackthequests

#21 Posted by TooWalrus (13198 posts) -

I wish my car would fly and make me breakfast.