#1 Posted by tweetspot (167 posts) -
#2 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

fuck those assholes

#3 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

why wouldn't it be

#4 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

It's may ok to be first if you're at least helping her finish as well.

Sorry...

It did feel sweet to get it twice. I like it when I get quests but I won't go apeshit over people who "steal them" from me. It's part of the game after all.

#5 Posted by DeeGee (2144 posts) -

Hell yeah it is, I'm a proud member of this club.

#6 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

It'll be okay one there's a quest for getting it multiple times. Other times, its kinda assholeish.

#7 Posted by Three0neFive (2300 posts) -

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh he stole my forum achievement

#8 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

I think people who complain about this whole "First Quest" are extremely childish.

Like whatever people are going to post first on the comments. Move on. Pointing out a guy cause he posted first on the comments makes you look like you literally have nothing better to do. How many topics have been brought up to remove the first quest?

It's moronic.

#9 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

I support those who take this quest from others.

#10 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

I've done it, and I do it for the lulz.

#11 Posted by ky326 (255 posts) -

I've been first three times and it felt great!

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (12122 posts) -

I got the quest (and Remarkin' Spartan) on the first day. That being said, the quest is fucking stupid (so was Remarkin' Spartan. They should've just removed both of them instead of keeping the one for posting first).

So no, I post first whenever I can. It's a dumb quest anyway and should be removed.

#13 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

tbh only comment on a video if you've got something relevant to say

#14 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

It's kind of a dick move if done on purpose. But i don't really care about quests. And also it's the internet, so what are you gonna do?

#15 Edited by SirBlimE (167 posts) -

Actually had the option earlier today, but didn't post. I wanted to let somebody else have it.

Edit: 
htr10 got it, yay for him =)

#16 Posted by KarlPilkington (2769 posts) -

There was a tsunami in Japan.

You are concerned with this.

#17 Posted by Jimbo (9931 posts) -

I love watching people have that quest ruined for them, it makes me laugh.  If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too.

#18 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Fuck no. I take joy in seeing legions of idiots cry as their opportunity for meager GB E-penis points slip away right in front of their eyes.

#19 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I don't understand why people care. I think they should be more ashamed than anything if they're the first poster.

#20 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5359 posts) -

Only if someone doesn't contribute anything and go "HA!, I'm taking your chances!  Suck my dick!".  Its worse that a comment that just says first.

#21 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

I apologize if I come off as a troll but this genuinely intrigues me -- Are there actually people who are so interested in the quests as to actively try to get the first post on a news story or video? Not only that, but to go as far as to get upset at people who happen to be the first poster on more than one occasion?

#22 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" fuck those assholes "
#23 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2477 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" fuck those assholes "
"
I say more power to them. This quest needs to go, period. I encourage the blocking.
#24 Posted by Daveyo520 (6924 posts) -

I have been 1st twice but I didn't mean to be really.

#25 Posted by Pabba (384 posts) -

I was lucky enough to get First! the other day, but when I went back to see my comment was missing. Weird, as the quest shows to be completed in my stats. I'd never steal the thunder from someone else if the opportunity comes up. I've done it once, got what I wanted, and will move on from trying to refresh at just the right time.
#26 Posted by FritzDude (2279 posts) -

If i see a new post the second it comes out, i use to wait a minute or two to comment, "IF" i comment that is.

#27 Posted by Krisgebis (222 posts) -

If you already have the quest and your best reply is a synaptic misfire (which 99% of #1's are), then wait another 5mins before posting and let someone get their damn quest.

Who really wan't to hear your "OMG!!1!" to any random video/newsstory anyway?
#28 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

For all the haters: I've been first several times, three I think...lol

#29 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

That person is a dick.

#30 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

I had a few chances to be first again, but I prefer not to be a dick. I just refresh the page and post second.

#31 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@RobotHamster:

#32 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11435 posts) -

I've been first at least thrice. And none of them were a "first" comment. 

#33 Posted by swamplord666 (1763 posts) -

i say whatever... seriously why do you guys care so much about a quest? it's like achievement whoring to me...

#34 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

There is nothing offensively bad about it or anything.
On the other hand I don't think its very nice to actively seek first just so another person doesn't get a chance, which I have seen quite a few people talking about how much they love grabbing first precisely for that reason. There is really no reason to be ashamed or wary of getting first more than once, but when you go about doing it just to be a dick, regardless of the reason or importance that is just being a dick plain and simple.
If you are actually posting about something relating to the article or video, go ahead and get first who cares about the quest.

#35 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

First

#36 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

I think there should be some common courtesy among the GB community to let other people have the first comment. I really don't like those dick holes who actively do it just to piss the ones who don't have it off.

#37 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Nah, man. I got that quest quite a while back and have never commented first on anything ever since.
If I see there are no comments yet, than I just wait. You gotta give room to others ^^

#38 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

If you wanna be first, you gotta be the fastest.

#39 Posted by BeachThunder (12279 posts) -

The word "inconsiderate" comes to mind.

You might not personally care about the quests, but others definitely do; so deliberately attempting it whilst you already have the quest, knowing full well that others care, would be considered pretty rude. It would be akin to having tickets to some show, then pushing your way back in line in front of someone else that hasn't already purchased tickets.

#40 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

Who cares? I fail to see how this is a big deal.

#41 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

There's competition for the position and so thus people drive towards being first, quest or not. It's never really interested me personally, even with the quest, but we're all different.

#42 Posted by Fallen189 (5050 posts) -

Sometimes I do it just so someone else can't get the first quest!