#1 Posted by Evil_Alaska (293 posts) -

Please forgive my ignorance.  

Is there a place that shows when new quests have been added? The only way I'm currently aware of to find if new quests have been added is just by bring up the Quest Log and "scrolling" through the sets and seeing if there are any that aren't familiar to me. 

Is there a different or better way?

#2 Posted by fuzzy510 (206 posts) -

That's about it.  Sometimes there's a notice posted on the front page (i.e., the community quests or the Halo quest), and eventually someone will make a thread here, but that's it.

#3 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Sometimes the twitter feed on the front page has someone announcing a new quest is live.

#4 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

That's how they get ya. Them quests sneak up on you!

#5 Edited by Megasoum (352 posts) -

Yeah, I asked the same thing the other day but still no official answer. A tab for sorting quest from most recent to oldest in the quest log would be awesome.

#6 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

This forum is how I know

#7 Posted by nobull6 (238 posts) -

I keep track of how many are available on the quests tab with how many total quests there are. It requires remembering what the number was previously, but it's worked out so far.

#8 Posted by Droop (1839 posts) -

You should follow Dave on twitter. That seems to be the best way :s

#9 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

If you're a Twitter user, I'd suggest following designer Dave Snider - he usually 'tweets' whenever new quests go live.

#10 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -

Well I just memorize the number of quests there are on the site, go to the quest log, look at the number, and then find the new quests. But that could be streamlined a bit more I guess.

#11 Posted by RecSpec (3769 posts) -

I check the forum.

Except for "1984" I've found out about every new quest set here.

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Go to your quest log and click on "Hardest Quests". If there's a new quest set, they'll probably be near the top.

#13 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -
@nobull6 said:
" I keep track of how many are available on the quests tab with how many total quests there are. It requires remembering what the number was previously, but it's worked out so far. "
i do the same thing.
#14 Posted by Junpei (727 posts) -

9 times out of 10 if it isn't on the main page I'll scroll down and see a quest thread in my favorite forum listings. Usually happens pretty quickly.

#15 Posted by Ronald (1350 posts) -
@Droop: Or follow him on Giant Bomb at snide. Hey, it helps towards a quest doing that! Wait, two quests, since you have to go somewhere in order to follow him. 

Speaking of the topic, I think a "New" tag next to the Quest Log at the bottom, like there is when a new Bombcast is up could be a help. More important though, I wish there was a way to hide finished quests or sets. I have half the sets finished and they clog up the quest screen.
#16 Edited by Emiel (607 posts) -
@Ronald said:

" @Droop: Or follow him on Giant Bomb at snide. Hey, it helps towards a quest doing that! Wait, two quests, since you have to go somewhere in order to follow him.   Speaking of the topic, I think a "New" tag next to the Quest Log at the bottom, like there is when a new Bombcast is up could be a help. 

More important though, I wish there was a way to hide finished quests or sets. I have half the sets finished and they clog up the quest screen.

"

Agreed
#17 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" Go to your quest log and click on "Hardest Quests". If there's a new quest set, they'll probably be near the top. "
This is what I do if it's not really obvious (i.e. on the front page).