#1 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

Looks like the new Limited Edition E3 quest set is up. Most of them look pretty easy and straightforward, but I thought I'd make a thread about it anyway for general discussion.

#2 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

when does E3 officially start? Today?

#3 Posted by Frostler (244 posts) -

I don't get the create the list one, I made a list and it didn't count. Any suggestions?

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

For score and wha? 

#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -
@Frostler said:
" I don't get the create the list one, I made a list and it didn't count. Any suggestions? "
I haven't tried that one yet. Maybe it will be similar to that "Top 5 Games of 2009" thing where they gave you a specific link to click. Not sure.
#6 Edited by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

i guess e3 is 4 days starting today

#7 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" i guess e3 is 4 days starting today "
Nope, I just updated my status and have 2/4.
#8 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" @arab_prince said:
" i guess e3 is 4 days starting today "
Nope, I just updated my status and have 2/4. "
weird, i did and got 1/4...did you update your status yesterday?
#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" @StarFoxA said:
" @arab_prince said:
" i guess e3 is 4 days starting today "
Nope, I just updated my status and have 2/4. "
weird, i did and got 1/4...did you update your status yesterday? "
I fully finished the quest....
#10 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @arab_prince said:
" @StarFoxA said:
" @arab_prince said:
" i guess e3 is 4 days starting today "
Nope, I just updated my status and have 2/4. "
weird, i did and got 1/4...did you update your status yesterday? "
I fully finished the quest.... "
have you been updating your status daily?
#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @arab_prince said:
" @StarFoxA said:
" @arab_prince said:
" i guess e3 is 4 days starting today "
Nope, I just updated my status and have 2/4. "
weird, i did and got 1/4...did you update your status yesterday? "
I fully finished the quest.... "
have you been updating your status daily? "
Ya. 
#12 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

I don't get the one that says "force your way into the conversation".

#13 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

Yeah guys, looks like when you go to add games to a list there's a button specifically for E3 anticipation. I added a few games to test it out and it worked

#14 Posted by Frostler (244 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" I don't get the one that says "force your way into the conversation". "
I don't get that one either
#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" Yeah guys, looks like when you go to add games to a list there's a button specifically for E3 anticipation. I added a few games to test it out and it worked "
Any ideas on the chin strap one? 
#16 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

The only one that isn't incredibly straightforward is that last one, the "chinstrap" one. Any ideas?

#17 Posted by muthsera666 (71 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" For score and wha?  "
"Four score and seven years ago upon this hallowed ground", or something very similar to that is in the Gettysburg Address by President Lincoln.
#18 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

anyone have any clues for chinstrap?

#19 Posted by sawfish22 (237 posts) -
@arab_prince:  
 
Nope, no idea.  I thought it would maybe be to post on a E3 forum thread, but that didn't work. 
 
 
By the way, I got the quest for updating your status every day of E3 and I only posted one status.  Oh well - I'm not complaining!  :D
#20 Posted by Victor018 (173 posts) -

So if we didn't update our status yesterday we can't get the quest?

#21 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@sawfish22: thats strange...hmm  
@Victor018: i think it will let us carry it on for the next 4 days
#22 Edited by snide (2413 posts) -
@Victor018 said:

" So if we didn't update our status yesterday we can't get the quest? "

You'll be fine. Just update once a day this week.
#23 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I like the quests, but I hate Limited Edition quests. Why are they so elusive? I'm afraid of missing out on them :'(
 
Also, what is this Stovepipe Hat one about? Something about Lincoln Force in the clue, but I have absolutely no idea what that is? Damn these Limited Editions :'(

#24 Posted by drewsdejavu (34 posts) -

One of the games for boothe babes is being shown right now

#25 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@snide: good work on integrating the quests this time. Site got back to speed much quicker than the previous times
#26 Posted by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

The quest seems pretty cool, looking forward to it.

#27 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

I'm still not sure what this Booth Babe one is either. It says check out all the games announced at E3 but when I go to pages for the Kinect games or that Codename Kingdoms game that was just announced, I get nothing.

#28 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@drewsdejavu said:
" One of the games for boothe babes is being shown right now "
I dont get it....
#29 Posted by D34dM4n (150 posts) -

im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one?

#30 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@D34dM4n said:
" im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one? "
Whats the booth babes one? 
#31 Posted by D34dM4n (150 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @D34dM4n said:
" im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one? "
Whats the booth babes one?  "
u got to go to all the pages of the games announced at E3
#32 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@D34dM4n said:
" im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one? "
Care to give us some tips on the ones you have? I'd love it man!
#33 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@D34dM4n said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @D34dM4n said:
" im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one? "
Whats the booth babes one?  "
u got to go to all the pages of the games announced at E3 "
Ive down MGS Rising. Halo reach. COD black ops. Codename kingdoms....Kenitc. 
#34 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

I got one of the games for "Booth Babes". And it wasn't even a game announced at E3. I'm a little confused.

#35 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I'm not really sure what quests are for, all we get is a greyed out piece of text next to our posts with our quest level. If they unlocked things or gave loot, then that would be a different story...

#36 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Only one I have no idea about is the chinstrap one.

#37 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

Any help for the Booth Babes Quest.

Moderator
#38 Posted by D34dM4n (150 posts) -
@xMP44x said:
" @D34dM4n said:
" im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one? "
Care to give us some tips on the ones you have? I'd love it man! "
some of them are posted on the front page, and some i got just going to gametrailers and checking out all the games with E3 on them. theres also the E3 2010 page here on giantbomb
#39 Posted by eloj (488 posts) -

My only idea about the Lincoln Force one is that maybe you should go back and post on the bombcast where it was originally mentioned?

#40 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@mracoon: The clock work-like things of battle. 
 
Popular for the wrong reason. Popular for the wrong reason.
#41 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@D34dM4n said:
" @xMP44x said:
" @D34dM4n said:
" im just two short for the boothe babes and i cant figure out wat they are. also, anyone got any idea for the chinstraps one? "
Care to give us some tips on the ones you have? I'd love it man! "
some of them are posted on the front page, and some i got just going to gametrailers and checking out all the games with E3 on them. theres also the E3 2010 page here on giantbomb "
I got 5 of them. Went though the entire E3 2010 thing. 
#42 Posted by El33tPanda (150 posts) -

When was the Lincoln Force orginally mentioned, GDC?

#43 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
I got 5 of them. Went though the entire E3 2010 thing.  "
I have three. Please, do give some hints. I can try and give hints for the two I remember getting:
 
  • This game is the sequel to a game allows you to write LOLWUT, and get a response. You'll be writing the term with a perhiperal that is included with this console on one of two screens.
  • Da Vinci designed the helicopter... and allows you to use it the once. Think sequel to this.
#44 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@xMP44x said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
I got 5 of them. Went though the entire E3 2010 thing.  "
I have three. Please, do give some hints. I can try and give hints for the two I remember getting:
 
  • This game is the sequel to a game allows you to write LOLWUT, and get a response. You'll be writing the term with a perhiperal that is included with this console on one of two screens.
  • Da Vinci designed the helicopter... and allows you to use it the once. Think sequel to this.
"
I got that first one.  
 
Heres my hint " Head shots wont work here. Go for the limbs!" 
#45 Edited by Lies (3866 posts) -

I got all 10, the clue is wrong, most all of these have been announced already, we'll just be seeing more at E3. One wasn't even a game it was an accessory.
 
Chinstrap is the only one giving me trouble. It's not post a comment on the original podcast either, I checked.

#46 Posted by bizsumpark182 (361 posts) -
@Milkman: The Codename Kingdoms page was just created, so I don't think that is going to count.
#47 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

I actually got the Booth Babes one by going to a lot of different games pages. 
 
What's the Hanging Out with My Chinstrap Quest?

Moderator
#48 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Lies said:
" I got all 10, the clue is wrong, most all of these have been announced already, we'll just be seeing more at E3. One wasn't even a game it was an accessory.  Chinstrap is the only one giving me toruble "
Can we get some more hints on that? I'm trying to work out Chinstrap as well. I'm lucky, because I have the status update one completed already, meaning I just have to watch a bunch of videos. I have four videos at the moment, so I need six more. I'll get one before school, and a couple after assuming they're uploaded frequently enough. With luck I'll be able to sit on Friday night working at that one, if necessary.
 
@The_Laughing_Man said:
I got that first one.   Heres my hint " Head shots wont work here. Go for the limbs!"  "
I... don't got it. Please, elaborate more because quotes and soundbites aren't my thing unless they're from historic moments.
#49 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@mracoon said:
" I actually got the Booth Babes one by going to a lot of different games pages.   What's the Hanging Out with My Chinstrap Quest? "
Hints for the games?  
 
@xMP44x said:
" @Lies said:
" I got all 10, the clue is wrong, most all of these have been announced already, we'll just be seeing more at E3. One wasn't even a game it was an accessory.  Chinstrap is the only one giving me toruble "
Can we get some more hints on that? I'm trying to work out Chinstrap as well. I'm lucky, because I have the status update one completed already, meaning I just have to watch a bunch of videos. I have four videos at the moment, so I need six more. I'll get one before school, and a couple after assuming they're uploaded frequently enough. With luck I'll be able to sit on Friday night working at that one, if necessary.
 
@The_Laughing_Man said:
I got that first one.   Heres my hint " Head shots wont work here. Go for the limbs!"  "
I... don't got it. Please, elaborate more because quotes and soundbites aren't my thing unless they're from historic moments. "
It was the entire concept for the first game. 
#50 Posted by Rayeth (1021 posts) -

A clue for one that I found: 

A Propulsion Mechanism Tempest:  End of Days
 
Hopefully that isn't too oblique.