#1 Posted by woodelf86 (143 posts) -

Would it be possible to have the limited edition quests disappear after they have expired or at least allow them to be finished but give no experience, simply allowing them to sit there really annoys me. Anybody else agree?

#2 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

If i did miss one, yes. It would probably annoy the hell out of me also. 
I feel really sad if Abe Lincoln didn't think I was awesome anymore...

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I doubt that'll happen as the mod-only quest set is still visible for all of us normal users.

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

After the 775 quest which i was away from my pc for a few hours, and so missed - i fully endorse this idea!!

#5 Posted by Slax (894 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
" After the 775 quest which i was away from my pc for a few hours, and so missed - i fully endorse this idea!! "
This!
#6 Posted by RecSpec (3764 posts) -

Deal with it. 

Let that mark of shame haunt you for the rest of your lives!!!

#7 Posted by MB (11988 posts) -
@Slax said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
" After the 775 quest which i was away from my pc for a few hours, and so missed - i fully endorse this idea!! "
This! "
Same...Sean's working on something to address this though. PM him here and express your discontent. No, seriously, do it, he actually does want feedback about the 775 thing.
#8 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

all i see here is a major dose of "BAAAAAAAWWWWW"

seriously, its just a quest. Get over it

#9 Posted by Mordebir (134 posts) -
@woodelf86 said:
" Would it be possible to have the limited edition quests disappear after they have expired or at least allow them to be finished but give no experience, simply allowing them to sit there really annoys me. Anybody else agree? "
I agree!
#10 Posted by Ronald (1342 posts) -

Not just the limited edition quests. I wish completed quests could be weeded out of my quest set. Maybe have a "Completed Quest" area that completed quests would get thrown in and an "Expired Quests" for quests that expired and were never completed.

#11 Posted by killerjt (137 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
I missed that one too.  The limited quests should be up for at least a week.  I cannot sit on Giantbomb and refresh the quests all the time.  There is no notification for new quests. 
#12 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I haven't missed one yet but I'd be pissed if it was still there.  Then I wouldn't have good old Abe to congratulate me.  Here's a picture since you can't see it anymore.  

#13 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -

Really, it should have been the first 775 million who got it, rather than the first 775.

#14 Posted by Fade2Gray (168 posts) -

It's bad enough that the AV quest wants us to camp the video updates and play the forsaken "FIRST!!!1!11!1!1!!" game. But also having un-finish-able limited edition quests like 775 siting there taunting me is beyond frustrating.

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

It would be cool if you could get the old limited edition quests for no experience. I didn't get the first limited edition quest that went out but I'm more bummed out about missing 775, I'd been on Giant Bomb for ages that week and only left briefly to find that when I returned the quest had come and gone in a flash.

#16 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

775 was dirty.  I got it, but I imagine there are tons of GB users who are bummed they missed it.  It's simply discouraging.  Many more 775's and GB will get people to stop caring about quests.

#17 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5380 posts) -

I really do like the idea of being able to do Limited Edition quests so that they are marked as completed without receiving experience.

#18 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

For the record, what was 775? Because honestly, I sort of got that one on accident >_>

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@xxizzypop: Click on the Bombcast page of E3 2010 Day 3.
#20 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@killerjt said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
I missed that one too.  The limited quests should be up for at least a week.  I cannot sit on Giantbomb and refresh the quests all the time.  There is no notification for new quests.  "
Now there is: Click here for quest notifications