• 96 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -

Noticed a new quest: Line of Fire. Don't think it's activated tho.

At least the tips for the quest already have a spot to call home.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Anybody know of the thread that You Sneaky Bugger is referring to? Searches are returning no results.

#3 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Most of these sub quests are easy to find out (I don't need to put out hints for those) but one is still making me scratch my head.

#4 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

The show looks pretty cool :) Quest was a bit too straight forward (tells you what concept page to go to and gives you the links to click to the pages), but I guess it has to since it's an advert :S

Was weird having the guy from Human Giant pop up in the corner though XD

#5 Posted by Daveyo520 (6677 posts) -

Well it kinda does solve itself for you.  I do like the idea of a fake 24/CSI show and it does seem kinda funny.

#6 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

now I guess we wait til Thursday (Friday at noon here)

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

Well it kinda does solve itself for you. I do like the idea of a fake 24/CSI show and it does seem kinda funny.

I agree with you the idea is cool, but it seems to have a ridiculously low production values and if the jokes are going to be as bad as the jokes in the trailer that show would be terrible.

#8 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5415 posts) -

This show has an awesome cast!

#9 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

Super easy quest set. The show doesn't look bad either.

#10 Posted by Daveyo520 (6677 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: well I think the jokes are bad on purpose. Or some of them at least.  
 
 
 
I am glad they went with someone like [as] for this new ad quest because at least people on here like them, or should.
#11 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

This quest is easy, all I need to complete this quest is "I Was There!" clue

#12 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Still not understanding "What did YOU do today?" :|

#13 Posted by papercut (3467 posts) -

Having trouble with What did you do today? I know what they're getting at but I can't match a concept to it.

#14 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut: It literally says what the concept is in the quest text, like literally.

In other news, I hope I remember to open the GB chat on Thursday while I'm at work.

#15 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@ThePhantomnaut: It literally says what the concept is in the quest text, like literally.

Eh. Damn the emphasis on You and the picture seems to act as a red herring.

#16 Posted by Evelgest (122 posts) -

The show's production values don't look high, but god damn, if it continually has a cast and appearances of this magnitude, I'm sold.

#17 Posted by zeppelinracer (49 posts) -

This quest set is so incredibly easy. Took less than five minutes for the four that are possible to complete today. Now just have to remember to tune in tomorrow.

#18 Posted by subyman (595 posts) -

Finished the finishable ones in about 1 minute. Getting number one on this one is all about luck it seems, we wait.

#19 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Anybody know of the thread that You Sneaky Bugger is referring to? Searches are returning no results.

You have to toggle the search option "topics" and the hint gives you the [topic] title.

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin
 
I tried that, and it didn't work. However, I know why: I searched before the thread was actually created. Weird.
#21 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@Mr_Skeleton: well I think the jokes are bad on purpose. Or some of them at least.

But it's like being a hipster and listening to bad music ironically. You make your point but in the end you are still listening to bad music.

#22 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Jeff Goldblum is in the show?

FUCKING SOLD.

#23 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Jeff Goldblum, Rebecca Romijn and Captain Janeway?

SOLD!

#24 Posted by Shadoestar (50 posts) -

What about those of us who work nights and have no internet access then? Is it still possible for us to get I Was There?

#25 Posted by Sil3n7 (1178 posts) -

I cannot figure out "what did you do today?" any tips?

#26 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

@Sil3n7 said:

I cannot figure out "what did you do today?" any tips?

It's a concept about _______ing the _______. The -ing ending is important.

#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Yeah, it's all pretty straight forward.

#28 Posted by Sil3n7 (1178 posts) -

@s7evn said:

@Sil3n7 said:

I cannot figure out "what did you do today?" any tips?

It's a concept about _______ing the _______. The -ing ending is important.

ugh...I totally just kept trying "save" so nothing came up. Thanks.

#29 Edited by The_Nubster (2090 posts) -

Someone else asked this question and I'd like to get an answer for it. If we miss the opportunity on Thursday, is it still possible to finish the quest? It would really suck if it was gone forever because you had something to do instead of tune in. 
 
Edit: grammar, oopsies.

#30 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

Someone else asked this question and I'd like to get an answer for it. If we miss the opportunity on Thursday, is it still possible to finish the quest? It would really suck if it was gone forever because you had something to do instead of tune in. Edit: grammar, oopsies.

I don't think so. I guess you can just pop in to the chat and you got the quest already.

#31 Edited by MEATBALL (3160 posts) -

I have no idea what this is, all I know is my knee-jerk reaction is that this is kind of gross. When I completed the first part of the quest and that pop-up notification/ad popped up I didn't really feel like pursuing the rest of the quest. I'm probably just being an irrational jerk.

#32 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

I know I'm not going to be home Thursday so I really hope this quest will register from the mobile site or I'm gonna be super bummed out.

#33 Edited by DeadFish (228 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

I have no idea what this is, all I know is my knee-jerk reaction is that this is kind of gross. When I completed the first part of the quest and that pop-up notification/ad popped up I didn't really feel like pursuing the rest of the quest. I'm probably just being an irrational jerk.

It's product placement, so ymmv. Personally, I don't mind it. I think it fits the quest format and the show doesn't look horrible. Also, I like that GB found a unique way to advertise. Basically you could just ignore the ad part and still get something out of it, although the quest was extremely easy. :)

So, thumbs up, in my opinion. Also, I'm interested to see the live stream, so that's cool.

#34 Posted by Demoskinos (14732 posts) -
I know the guys have had a few other quests sponsored by things but  I still find these sponsored quests a little....odd especially now that Giantbomb has a subscription model.
#35 Posted by pancakehumper (227 posts) -

I liked it. It actually got me to add the show to tivo. It looks like the cast from Party Down and The League and other awesome shows. Now I just wait until Thursday to finish the quest.

#36 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I know the guys have had a few other quests sponsored by things but I still find these sponsored quests a little....odd especially now that Giantbomb has a subscription model.

I can understand what you mean. But Whiskey Media being somewhat a relevantly small umbrella network, I can let it slide.

#37 Posted by redjacked (47 posts) -

What are you, a communist?   :)
 
Yeah, it's a little shameless.  But the show looks funny and I want to watch it so I guess I'm cool with my corporate masters using their Jedi mind tricks to shape my plasticine wad of a brain.  I'm just hoping it's not going to be region locked like all of Adult Swim's other video content.

#38 Posted by Brake (1095 posts) -

My only problem with the quest set is that the last one requires me to stay up till 4am.

#39 Posted by Nicholas (389 posts) -

Well this so far is the easiest quest ever. Now to watch the premier Thursday.

#40 Posted by FateOfNever (1826 posts) -

You know, I'm totally not watching the premier on Thursday.  I'll have it playing, and muted, because I want to support Giant Bomb and I want this quest, but that trailer just confirmed that I don't think I find the content on Adult Swim, as a whole, entertaining anymore.  Then again, with the cast they appear to have for this show, maybe I'll end up watching the premier anyway, but, those were some seriously awful jokes.

#41 Posted by Tebbit (4457 posts) -

That, was super easy.

I literally didn't have to think at all. Now to play the waiting game. I assume, as someone not from the US, I'm not gonna get region-blocked or anything, right?

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (14732 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut:  Which is why I specifically chose the words that I did.   I'm not giong to flip out and be all  OMFG GIANTBOMB ARE SELLOUTS!  ABANDON SHIP!   Its just a little odd when the site is so free of ads to see  well... an ad.    
#43 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@ThePhantomnaut: Which is why I specifically chose the words that I did. I'm not giong to flip out and be all OMFG GIANTBOMB ARE SELLOUTS! ABANDON SHIP! Its just a little odd when the site is so free of ads to see well... an ad.

I just noticed, I don't see a member seal. o_O!!!!

#44 Posted by Wodkaredbubu (30 posts) -

"Too real for you" 
 
Ok, it says you should click a link, I`m guessing it is the one to the trailer for the new show. But nothing is unlocking for me. Am I missing sth here?

#45 Edited by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Wow, that was way easy

@Wodkaredbubu said:

"Too real for you" Ok, it says you should click a link, I`m guessing it is the one to the trailer for the new show. But nothing is unlocking for me. Am I missing sth here?

It worked fine for me after clicking the link and refreshing the GB page

#46 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

easy quest, too bad I'm going on vacation tonight

#47 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

If this is GB's idea of ads, I'm all for it. This is non-intrusive, it fits the website and is most likely of interest to a large part of the community. I'd much, much rather have this than an unskippable 30 second ad about Norton Anti-Virus before every video. And hey, it's money going to GB to sponsor their hijinks, so there's nothing wrong with that.

#48 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -

The trailer thingy is right after this week's TNT, right? So, 3 AM GMT+1 (central Europe), 2 AM GMT (UK).

#49 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -

is this going to be shown in the chat for everyone outside the US too? 

#50 Posted by alternate (2693 posts) -

I wonder how it will work out the rankings - seeing as there will be hundreds watching all at the same time who have finished the rest of the quest.  Not that it bothers me as I will be asleep at that time and looks like Europe is boned on getting this quest complete :(