#1 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

YOU GET NO HINTS!! Figure it out!

Okay... I'll help you out if you need it. The tag teams might be tough. And one of the Bombcast members is kinda tricky.

*laughs maniacally*

Staff Online
#2 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

This is probably one of the hardest Quest Sets I can remember.

#3 Posted by keithfreitag (70 posts) -

i'm not much of a frequent visitor here but I see it's already got 2 completed and I found a really old video on how to build a bomb but that didn't work.. Hints please :)

Keith

#4 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

I feel bad for finishing it considering I knew the answers. I did have to work one of them out, though. #3

#5 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

Wow, it is pretty hard. Any hint, welcome.

#6 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Hints? Haven't gotten even one...

#7 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (458 posts) -

I don't even know where to begin with the tag team stuff...

#8 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

I tried creators of Dragon Quest and FF series, no luck. Have no clue what to do if that's not one of them.

#9 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

@bretthancock: I tried that too : /

#10 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

Okay guys... on the tag teams. We're looking for five separate 2-man groups that established some of the most prolific development studios in the industry. I'll give you a hint on the first one to get the ball rolling.

They've earned their MD's.

Staff Online
#11 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

I'm have absolutely no fucking idea of what ANY of these might be...

#12 Edited by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

Find ELEVEN bombcast guests? Geez, man. I've got 4.

One is the guy with the hockey coach hair cut, 1.5 eyebrows, and former host of On the Spot.

One is the guy who introduced us to that Jackie Chan fighting game. Also, Michael Cera is Halo.

One of the guy's is a PR guy (or something) for Harmonix.

EA will never grant this guy freedom.

#13 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

So far, our finishers:

1. Marino
  2. MattyFTM
  3. mracoon
  4. PsEG

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

#14 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

The fuck, I just finished this delicious quesadilla I made, and now I have to grease up my mouse to finish this quest? BRING IT ON.

#15 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

@Marino: That helps immensely, thanks.

#16 Posted by Sargus (723 posts) -

There is a popular Giant Bomb list, a corridor of accomplished people, that holds many of the names for the Super Bombcast All-Stars quest... But one still eludes me.

#17 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

Also, for the "Know Your History" portion, almost every single word in the description of the quest is a hint to something. You only need three, but there are at least six possible correct answers.

Staff Online
#18 Posted by groin (838 posts) -

@LiquidSaiyan3 said:

I don't even know where to begin with the tag team stuff...

The Masters of Doom.

#19 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@Sargus said:

There is a popular Giant Bomb list, a corridor of accomplished people, that holds many of the names for the Super Bombcast All-Stars quest... But one still eludes me.

I'll tell you who it is if you can defeat me in a fight.
#20 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

@Sargus said:

This is true. And I purposely included a person in the quest that hasn't been in that particular corridor. ;)

Staff Online
#21 Edited by Marz (5642 posts) -
#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I don't have the patience for this quest.

#23 Edited by bretthancock (778 posts) -

Now to find the list!

EDIT: Woohoo!

#24 Posted by Hakkesshu (27 posts) -

Not even Ed Boon & John Tobias? What the hell

#25 Edited by Marino (4598 posts) -

@Hakkesshu: The way we originally wrote the concept for the tag teams was founders of studios. Boon/Tobias wouldn't really fit that. But in terms of just straight up super duos, they should count.

Staff Online
#26 Edited by bretthancock (778 posts) -

The founders of Rare weren't on there either?

#27 Posted by rmanthorp (3875 posts) -

DUOS

#28 Posted by BlackWaltz (8 posts) -

The Houser's don't work? This quest is impenetrable.

#29 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

I love how slow the site is because of this quest. Anyway, one of the guys for that bombcast buddies quest or whatever is a guy whose initials are J.R. and is quite the fighting game aficionado. Used to be a mod here, don't know what happened with that.

#30 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -

One duo was nearly killed off by Activision. I sure hope they Respawn.

#31 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

@Toxin066: Thank you good sir. Two more for me.

#32 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

This quest started 30 mins ago and the only people who have completed it are the moderators who made it. For some reason I don't see us reaching 3000 completions.

#33 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

I still can't find the video ad thing, went all the way back to the back of the videos list

and that list for the superstar thing sure was helpful, the only missing guy, is one who likes fighting games

#34 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

This Tag Team quest is a breeze with big names like Roberta and Ken Williams, Ted Dabney & Nolan Bushnell, etc. Oh wait, those people aren't actually part of the quest.

#35 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -
@Marino said:

Okay guys... on the tag teams. We're looking for five separate 2-man groups that established some of the most prolific development studios in the industry. I'll give you a hint on the first one to get the ball rolling.

Ugh, I was thinking teams of developers that have worked together...ie. Epic and Digital Extremes
#36 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

@mracoon: Once a few people break through, the flood gates will open I think. But 3000 may be a bit much, I agree.

Staff Online
#37 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

@Zolfe: He also loves Pop N Music, but not that abomination that appeared on Wii.

#38 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Another bombcast buddy is a man whose initials are J.G. This man was recently purchased by EA.

#39 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

Thanks for the hints. I've gotten some more... keep'em coming, though.

PS: I was about to say something about the mods that put this Quest together, but I don't want to get banned. Love you, guys :)

#40 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@Marino said:

Ugh, I was thinking teams of developers that have worked together...ie. Epic and Digital Extremes

Ha! Sorry. You can blame Bodega though. The original script I wrote for the tag teams gave hints for all of them. I'm assuming he cut it because it was too long.

Staff Online
#41 Edited by LiquidSaiyan3 (458 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

I love how slow the site is because of this quest. Anyway, one of the guys for that bombcast buddies quest or whatever is a guy whose initials are J.R. and is quite the fighting game aficionado. Used to be a mod here, don't know what happened with that.

nevermind, Just got it!

Also, I'm missing the third tag team (as they appear on the quest list). Any hints?

#42 Posted by vegoku (97 posts) -

Duo - don't forget this when you jump off a bridge for fun

#43 Edited by Paco (113 posts) -

Only missing one duo and the history quest. Also, one of the Duos created the unofficial Playstation One mascot and wumpa fruit

#44 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

@louiedog said:

This Duo quest is a breeze with big names like Roberta and Ken Williams, Ted Dabney & Nolan Bushnell, etc. Oh wait, those people aren't actually part of the quest.

There are a lot of famous duo's involved in the game industry. All of the guys included are huge. There're not little known guys. The original quest hint had an extra bit that gave huge clues as to who they are. For instance "They've earned their M.D.'s" which Marino had already mentioned, but a lot of the others were even more obvious.

#45 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

@LiquidSaiyan3 said:

@rjayb89 said:

Ughh, I think that's the guy I'm missing but I still have no idea who you're talking about. Could you elaborate more? Please??

Also, I'm missing the third tag team (as they appear on the quest list). Any hints?

Oh man, this might be a dead giveaway for a lot of folks but:

Jackie Chan.

#46 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Need 4 and 5 for all star cast. and 3 and 4 for the tag teams.

#47 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

@mracoon said:

This quest started 30 mins ago and the only people who have completed it are the moderators who made it.

In all fairness, I can't take any credit for working on this quest, since I didn't take any time to brainstorm anything good up. This was the handiwork and labor of love of the rest of the mods, especially Marino. I just knew where to look for the answers!

But yeah, I doubt the 2,500 threshold will even be approached this week. We'll see, though.

#48 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Well, I just got numero 6. Congrats to the actual first person who got it, not including mods of course.

#49 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

The hints for Duos are really good, but I had to really explore to find the fortunes for one of them.

Only videos left!

#50 Posted by Marino (4598 posts) -

@rjayb89: Mods is people too! ;)

Staff Online