#1 Posted by Manchild1318 (53 posts) -

Whats the name of the quest when you post first on a video?

#2 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

It is part of the videos set if I remember correctly but im too lazy to check it it's true, hope it helps.

#3 Posted by Manchild1318 (53 posts) -

oh the AV club thanks.....werid, got a first post and didn't get it

#4 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

I just had to look this up too.

It says I have the first post for the witcher 2 quick look but I didn't get it.

It might be because others posted first then their posts got deleted

#5 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

This is a little off-topic, but I really think this is a stupid goal for a quest. I mean, it basically encourages spam. Sure, the description might urge you to make a legitimate comment, but what chance does the guy who intends to write a worthwhile post have of beating a hundred experience-hungry other users that couldn't care less? I mean, realistically?

#6 Posted by Addfwyn (1931 posts) -
@Manchild1318: did you use the word 'first' in the post?  That invalidates it
#7 Posted by Ghost407 (166 posts) -

Also, I think if you copy and paste, you won't get it... 

The first time I thought I was first, I copy and pasted.  Then again, people will go for that one, and delete their comment instantly so they don't get flamed, maybe that happened to you.

#8 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

It doesn't have to be on a video, I got it a few days ago on an article. I didn't even post as soon as it was put up, it was probably a good 6 or 7 minutes after. Kind of shocked me, as I'd never really tried to get a first comment on GB, and yet here was this article nobody commented on and I got it without doing anything out of the ordinary; didn't even seem like other people were trying to get it, either, as the next comment after mine didn't show up until what seemed to be about 15 minutes later. Funny thing is, the next article that got put up had a bunch of comments almost immediately. Weird. 

By the way, don't actually use the word "first."

#9 Posted by ReDfr0st (138 posts) -

yea im one of those assholes that was trying to get a first comment after i got the quest,  
I posted first , lmao, im such a bad boy! i mean i said "first"  
what a #@#@# in a box

#10 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

So I just came up with a solution for this quest's problems: why don't we make it "post first in any topic?" Just make it an easier quest, and it means people will be less ridiculously spammy (still pretty spammy, but that might help.)

#11 Posted by Tetsuo (57 posts) -

I have a better solution for this quest's problems: get rid of it. It's fucking stupid and only encourages fuckwits to act stupidly. There is literally nothing positive that comes from this stupid fucking quest.

#12 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

@Tetsuo said:

I have a better solution for this quest's problems: get rid of it. It's fucking stupid and only encourages fuckwits to act stupidly. There is literally nothing positive that comes from this stupid fucking quest.

It's still better than the 300 quest

#13 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -
@Tetsuo said:
#14 Posted by rmanthorp (3965 posts) -

Mnan I don't mind it, sure it makes people act crazy but if you take it away people are just gonna post first all the time at least this changes it up from Youtube.

#15 Posted by TromboneTony (156 posts) -

Let me guess, those who want it gone are the ones that don't have it, right? It's not a big deal, spam isn't really a problem from what I've seen on video comments.

#16 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@Mars_Cleric: What's the 300 quest?
#17 Posted by buft (3318 posts) -

I set my comments from last to first so i miss out on all that "first" "damn" crap! 
i got it after about 2 months on the site commenting on a stupid batman E comics story

#18 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

Mnan I don't mind it, sure it makes people act crazy but if you take it away people are just gonna post first all the time at least this changes it up from Youtube.

Actually, before that quest was introduced nobody did that here. We all decided it was lame, and comments were actually relevant, even the first ones.

#19 Posted by rmanthorp (3965 posts) -
#20 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -
#21 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

The problem comes when the news story is something like "Activision shuts down Bizarre Creations, all employees laid off" and the first comment is someone saying "Very Cool!" because they're trying to get the quest without even paying attention.

#22 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Its so crazy people will keep refreshing pages to get 1st, just like every other quest its all about the hits.

#23 Posted by rmanthorp (3965 posts) -
#24 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

@Brendan: http://www.giantbomb.com/giant-bomb-at-e3-2011-day-00/17-4299/ Yup someone totally just did it on the new video. Yay internets!

Dammit! Haha we really need a big red button for this or something. Oh well, as Giantbomb's audience gets larger, people from first-y places all over the internet will bring their firstiness with them.

#25 Posted by Trace (3562 posts) -

We had a pretty big argument over this quest when it debuted, and I was (and still sort of am) very much against its current implementation. However, the end result of the discussion was that the quest would stay as-is, as preventing the Internet from such behavior is extremely difficult.

That said, posting nonsense or 'First!' to claim the first post is against the forum rules, so do feel free to flag these sort of posts and we'll look into them.

#26 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

How did this "first" thing got started anyway?