#1 Edited by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

Just like me, I'm sure many of you were very excited when a new quest went live on the site. Unfortunately in my excitement I tried to complete all the quests in the set but to no avail. I was slightly frustrated before I realised that only one quest will work from now until christmas morning hence the 12 days of Whiskey name.

Staff member Daniel also confirmed this in the 12 days of whiskey thread saying 

"  Yes I'll be adding in the new steps each day. Starting today with 12 and working down to 1 on Christmas morning." 

So this thread is just a Public service announcement for anyone who is confused why some of the quests might not be working.  Please feel free to bump the thread every day in case other users are unaware of the process. Thanks. 

NB: 

I'll be updating the List  below to show which quests are active in the 12 days of whiskey Set. I might be late but hopefully this helps some of you.   

Date            Day                  Quest name                                   Status

Dec. 14th                   Day 12:                         12 HD Collections                                                  Working 

Dec. 15th                    Day 11                           11 Playful pooches                                                Working
#2 Posted by foofboy (15 posts) -

@Masha2932: Thanks for this. You saved me a bunch of frustration.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Thanks for confirming. I wish it was more obvious that this was the case.

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

It's the same as it was last year.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Except for the bugged quest that pisses completionists off.

#6 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Good to know. Thanks.

#7 Posted by Catarrhal (826 posts) -

Why is this not considered a "Limited Edition" quest, I wonder?

#8 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

@Catarrhal said:

Why is this not considered a "Limited Edition" quest, I wonder?

I think they're just abandoning that modifier. And it's not like Limited Edition quests mean much anymore, after "775" and considering it's impossible for you to have completed all of them (even if you were one of the lucky 775 to get the "775" quest) since last December their "12 days" quest set glitched out where, even if you finished the set, it would still say you were missing one quest.

#9 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -
@foofboy said:

@Masha2932: Thanks for this. You saved me a bunch of frustration.

Happy to help.
#10 Posted by SgtSphynx (1354 posts) -

This answers a lot, thx.

#11 Posted by leadthallium (46 posts) -

@Masha2932:

Ok,so the Day 12 confused me a bit.

At first I saw day 12 and thought,ok so the quest started on the 12th,but its 12th day on Dec. 14th....

I just spent a half hour looking at pages for day 2 because I misread the quest\post.

Maybe add a date to the graph in the op.

Post still helped though,thanks.

#12 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

wow so like 2 people are going to complete this

#13 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2451 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

wow so like 2 people are going to complete this

It's really not that hard. I did it last year and I already pretty much know the answers to the rest of the quests just from a glance.

#14 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -
@leadthallium: I can see how that can be confusing. Thanks for the advice I'll make the edit.
#15 Posted by FTomato (234 posts) -

Does this mean that if I miss a day I can't complete the set?

#16 Posted by Nictel (2411 posts) -

@FTomato: I believe that the quests remain open after that day, so you got until the end of christmas day to complete the entire set.

#17 Posted by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

@FTomato said:

Does this mean that if I miss a day I can't complete the set?

@Nictel said:

@FTomato: I believe that the quests remain open after that day, so you got until the end of christmas day to complete the entire set.

However, since this isn't a Limited Edition set like last year's set, you should be able to get it anytime after Christmas too (the keyword in this sentence is SHOULD)

#18 Posted by avantegardener (1117 posts) -

Presumably these unlock at 12 midnight East Coast time, whatever that is in GMT, I don't know off the dome :)

#19 Posted by Sammo21 (3261 posts) -

When they did this last year didn't they have quest text for each one say "not unlocked until xx/xx/xx"? Seems like it had something like that.

#20 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (498 posts) -

I hope I can still complete this set even though I started Day 12 today on Dec 15th.

#21 Posted by Sammo21 (3261 posts) -

@Jonnyflash80: well it looks like that quest 2 hasn't even started yet...go figure.

#22 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -

It is like an advent calendar - does not really matter when you start - you just can'r go further than the current day.

#23 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:

#24 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

The 11th quest set is now working. 

#25 Posted by Poost (71 posts) -

Good on Giant Bomb to remind people that the whole 12 Days of Christmas thing actually means 12 days.

#26 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

#27 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

The 10th quest is now working.