#1 Posted by sawtooth (412 posts) -

So, as I understand it, once the site re-launches, quests and their associated member levels are gone forever. Right?

With that in mind, I've had this weird compulsion to go back and try and collect a bunch of quests for some reason. It's some existential thing about how the site quests are a metaphor for human emotion or something.

Anyway, comments?

#2 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (494 posts) -

I hadn't heard about that. Any particular reason why?

#3 Posted by iLikeTaters (5 posts) -

First I have heard as well. I am gonna miss the quest system. It helped set the site apart and made it feel more social.

#4 Edited by Slither_Maggot (220 posts) -

@iliketaters: Agreed. A lot of the time "questing" made you search some really obscure things that you may have once liked and just forgotten about as time went on and then it sparks your interest and seeing additions to it by other members could cause you to get to know some of them and socialize a bit more on the site.

#5 Posted by DylanFill (9 posts) -

Yeah I wonder why they got rid of the quest system. I was just starting to get into it when I became a premium member the other month.

#6 Posted by mosespippy (3752 posts) -

@zombiepenguin9: @dylanfill: Quests are difficult to make because they often break or need custom rules built for the site. They also need to be manually created, which for a long time was done by interns. Giant Bomb hasn't had interns since 2011 since CBSi has a whole corporate process for hiring interns that isn't quite as simple as it was at Whiskey Media. There also hasn't been a new quest since 2011.

#7 Edited by LarsHJ (33 posts) -

@mosespippy: Intern hiring process sounds like a solvable problem. I hope quests return, it made me explore parts of the wiki that I otherwise never visited.

#8 Posted by LarsHJ (33 posts) -

@mosespippy: Intern hiring process sounds like a solvable problem. I hope quests return, it made me explore parts of the wiki that I otherwise never visited.

#9 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Quest are like achievements just to take your mind off the fact that you are playing these games for a ridicous amount of time, HERE IS SOME (gamerscore) to ease the pain. Apply this to spending time on the website.