#1 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

We just rewrote a large portion of our Quest code and deployed it this afternoon.  

These changes should fix a number of bugs within the Quest System (such as the 1984 Quest not unlocking properly) and will give us a lot more flexibility moving forward with the system in general.  

We took the past few weeks off of making more quests to get these changes in -- so expect some newer Quest Sets coming in the following weeks.  

And please @reply me in this thread if you notice any bugs with the changes we have made.    

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Cool.  Are we going to get a new quest set this week? 

Oh wait, probably not.  At least 1984's working.

#3 Posted by adoggz (2060 posts) -

way to go Top Men!

FROM SUCH A HEIGHT!!!
#4 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Cool.  Are we going to get a new quest set this week?  Oh wait, probably not.  At least 1984's working. "
We had to take some time off to write this stuff, test it and get it out. We should have a new set for you guys next week though.....
#5 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
#6 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -
@CitizenKane: I just unlocked it (I also knew the steps to unlock it)  -- but it does work correctly - you're just going to have to keep digging. 

#7 Posted by Fallen189 (4976 posts) -

Hi Sean!!

Can we get a "View all quests" button soon? :D

I know that if I keep asking, I'll wear you down somehow.

It'd just be nice to see them all at once, instead of having to go through each set.

Love!

#8 Edited by icytower38 (463 posts) -

Good to know the bugs are fixed, to bad 1984 isn't retroactive for the few I'm still missing :(.

The quest system is a great feature that just separates you guys from the competition even more.

#9 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@coonce:  Alright, I got it.  I was actually looking at clues from another in the E3 Quest set.  Stupid me.
#10 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
@icytower38 said:
"  to bad 1984 isn't retroactive for the few I'm still missing :(.
Damn straight. 

However, thanks for the updates, man, I appreciate all the hard work you guys do on this great site.  I know you probably hear it a lot, but it's always good to hear some good reinforcement. 

Whatever happened to those quest set giveaways with stuff from the old office?  Did you run out of the stuff? 
#11 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

I demand a mod or staff member to @reply me right now to get me that 1984 quest because I've gotten a reply from a mod or staff like 10 times since that quest came out. MEET MY DEMANDS!

#12 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

Awesome work as always guys.

#13 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Anyway to get like a newest quest tab?

#14 Edited by Turbo_Toaster (963 posts) -

NICE AVATAR, COONCE

Edit: I second Damien's Newest Quest tab suggestion. ^_^

#15 Posted by SilverShadow (187 posts) -
@coonce:
Will the people that finished the "Hell, It's About Time" quest set get the bonus XP since people like me didn't get it due to bug for the watching videos quest? I finished it before the 2,000 people mark it just didn't unlock until you guys fixed the bug or whatever happened. If I don't get the bonus XP it's no problem. I'm just curious about how you may handle this situation.
#16 Posted by Asmo917 (402 posts) -
@coonce:  I realize I'm a little late, but I earned my 10th S-Rank on a game this week and "Ultimate S Rank Get" and the associated set haven't unlocked for me despite completing every other requirement. Is it a bug or am I missing something? Thanks!
#17 Posted by AliZeyk (20 posts) -
@coonce:   I S-ranked Mass Effect 2, but I didn't get the corresponding S-Rank quest. When the site updated with the S-Rank for ME2, I did get the quest pop-up for the quest set, but their status did not update.
#18 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" I demand a mod or staff member to @reply me right now to get me that 1984 quest because I've gotten a reply from a mod or staff like 10 times since that quest came out. MEET MY DEMANDS! "
ditto. I will kill a puppy.
#19 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

Soooooo, how do I check the quests anyway? They just pop up randomly from time to time for me.