• 150 results
#1 Posted by escher (52 posts) -

Anyone finish this yet?  I've got everything except the third one on "Can't Let You Do That, Duder." and it's driving me nuts.

#2 Posted by Indigo (95 posts) -

Meeeeeeeeeee

#3 Posted by escher (52 posts) -
@Indigo: Any chance of a hint for that one?
#4 Posted by xrayzwei (99 posts) -

@escher:
This might help:

1) The obvious, her abbreviated name is spelled out in the clue

2) This one is more of a recording rather than an A.I.

3) A complete list of this type of character might be of help, you monster. 

#5 Posted by Ezlo (49 posts) -

I'm having trouble with this as well, I'm going to the obvious list where you might find evil computers and it will not work.

#6 Posted by escher (52 posts) -
@xrayzwei: Is it actually a "list," or is it a concept page?  I'm still banging my head into the wall.
#7 Posted by Indigo (95 posts) -

Open up the three most obvious concept pages, click away. There seem to be some problems with the trigger on this quest, I definitely visited the page multiple times before it worked for me.

#8 Posted by Fait622 (79 posts) -
@escher: It's a list of advanced programs, and they are the opposite of friendly
#9 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Argh.  2 of 3 for each "Can't Let You Do That Duder" and "Showstopper."

#10 Posted by Fait622 (79 posts) -
@Ezlo: Remember these are not just "evil AI's" they are unfriendly forces
#11 Posted by mracoon (4960 posts) -

The last page in Can't Let You Do That, Duder doesn't seem to be working for me. It's pretty obvious what the page is but it's not completing the quest when I visit it.

#12 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I'm beyond lost on these (except for Let Them Eat Cake). Can't Let You Do That, Duder is looking for an actual list?

#13 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

The last one for Can't Let You Do That, Duder seems to be broken.  I still need the second step for that quest though.

#14 Posted by Psycosis (389 posts) -
@mracoon: Remember, the clue tells you to look for a list, not a description.

You are rather close.
#15 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

How is SHODAN not an answer

#16 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -

Found out what to do for "Can't let you do that, Duder".  It's a totally dumb thing.  It's on the page you think it's on, but you have to click something before the quest will complete.

#17 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
Let Them Eat Cake
1. The student game a certain Orange Box game was based on.
2. The name of that Orange Box game.
3. The name of the sequel to that game.
4. The review page of that game. 
(If you needed these hints, that's sad. I won't judge you, though. Now go play Portal!!)

Can't Let You Do That, Duder
1. Pretty much tells you. Antagonist in Portal 2.
2. Also a Portal 2 character.
3. A full list of characters linked on a concept page. Probably one that #1 is on.

To the Shredder 
1. A corporation (location page!). One, perhaps, having something to do with Portal.
2. A corporation (location page!). One, perhaps, also having something to do with Portal and the Half Life universe.
3. A corporation (concept page!). One, perhaps, not so resident to the Half Life universe. Maybe more evil?
(Other corporations might work for this, but those were the ones that got it for me.)

Showstopper
1. Writer of said song.
2. "Singer" of said song. 
3. Concept page. About music. And credits.
#18 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Any clues for the second part of Can't Let You Do That, Duder? Really need to brush up on my Portal lore, apparently.

#19 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -
@Psycosis said:
" @mracoon: Remember, the clue tells you to look for a list, not a description.You are rather close. "
Thanks for the help fella. I think that's the first time a quest target has been that specific... probably.
#20 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -
@Fjordson:
It's someone that you can hear speaking in some of the Portal 2 press preview videos.
#21 Posted by mracoon (4960 posts) -
@Psycosis: I got it now, thanks. When they said lists I thought they meant actual user lists, that's why I got confused.
#22 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad:  Oh, wow! Just got it. Thanks.

I didn't even think it wanted a character at first. I really overthink these sometimes.
#23 Posted by paulunga (1936 posts) -

Oh man, the list thing threw me off. Still finished 53, could've been way higher though.

#24 Edited by Noxville (28 posts) -
@drhans said:

2. A corporation. One, perhaps, also having something to do with Portal and the Half Life universe.

I was annoyed on this one because I went to the concept page and it wasn't worknig; when what it wants is the location. Kind of annoying.
#25 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I still can't get the last one on Can't Let You Do That, Duder ... anymore hints for that one?

#26 Edited by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

There is clearly something I'm missing for TO THE SHREDDER, because I only have two (both Valve based) and none of my other ideas are working. UAC doesn't count? REALLY BRAD?

EDIT: Ah eff, just got it. Figures the one game I actually played in that series has almost nothing to do with that company.

#27 Posted by Fait622 (79 posts) -
@drhans: Really good hints, the only thing I can add is that Can't Let you Do That Duder #3 is is not the actual concept page, it is a list that you can find on that concept page
#28 Posted by truckington (54 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
" I still can't get the last one on Can't Let You Do That, Duder ... anymore hints for that one? "
The hint pretty much says exactly what you need to do, just take it literally for what it says. And it's a subpage/category in larger page.
#29 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@Noxville @Fait622: You guys are right! I forgot. Updated!
#30 Edited by Pop (2609 posts) -

Oh man I thought the foot clan would be a bad faction nope I still need one... why can't I think straight...

ok now I got it, hey guys zombies :D
#31 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

It ain't Wheatley for that one quest? I mean, it makes sense if it were him but questies ain't poppin' up for him.

#32 Posted by Nikral (288 posts) -
@xhavoc86: If you cant SEE ALL of them then you are in the wrong spot!
#33 Edited by Bollard (5292 posts) -

That Cant Let You Do That, Duder quest was literally the hardest thing ever to get to work. I must have gone on every tab on that concept page argh.

Still don't know the shredder one, probably because I have no idea which series it could be from. Urgh, I can't think of any evil corporations right now...

@Zippedbinders said:
" There is clearly something I'm missing for TO THE SHREDDER, because I only have two (both Valve based) and none of my other ideas are working. UAC doesn't count? REALLY BRAD?EDIT: Ah eff, just got it. Figures the one game I actually played in that series has almost nothing to do with that company. "
Tip plx? =)
#34 Posted by Wiseblood (636 posts) -
@christ0phe said:
" How is SHODAN not an answer "
Seriously.  I sometimes wonder about whoever comes up with these quests.
#35 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Nikral:  Oh. My. God. that's makes me mad lol, thanks
#36 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Anyways, I totally got what it is about the Wheatley part. It ain't him.

#37 Posted by Joshe (12 posts) -

cant get the Duder one... im going insane

#38 Edited by ManiacMaysin (366 posts) -

so its not unfriendly smart-computer for number 3 on the duder quest? what am I missing? oh! I get it now, nevermind.

#39 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

What misunderstood corporations?

#40 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: One corporation that works for this quest is actually exists in two separate franchises.
#41 Edited by pancakehumper (223 posts) -

I give up on the List it's looking for part of Can't Let You Do That, Duder. I clicked on every concept page/character page in them that they are part of and it didn't trigger :(

Edit: And just found it. Missed one :x
#42 Edited by Bollard (5292 posts) -
@MKHavoc said:

" @Chavtheworld: One corporation that works for this quest is actually exists in two separate franchises. "

Hmm thanks I'll have a think some more haha. Is it a concept or location page?
#43 Posted by wonderhare (350 posts) -

The 3rd part of the Duder quest is a list, yes, but not that kind of a list.

#44 Posted by Nikral (288 posts) -

Yea im having a hard time finding the last To The Shredder, got both the obvious ones...last one?

#45 Posted by Xealot42 (273 posts) -

There are good hints for the corporations on the first page of this thread.

I still can't find the last one in Can't Let You Do That, Duder.  I think I will go play portal 2 and try again later.
#46 Posted by evilrazer (480 posts) -

#212 to finish. Not my best.

#47 Posted by HiImMikeCruz (208 posts) -
@wonderhare said:
"   The 3rd part of the Duder quest is a list, yes, but not that kind of a list. "
oh fuck that's a dumb one. I clicked on so many random pages too
#48 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII you fools.

#49 Posted by TerraDelu (500 posts) -

For the third part of the Duder quest, don't think "list" think "page". Or even, "page within a page". I think because the site lets users make lists people are getting confused. 

#50 Posted by evilrazer (480 posts) -
@Nikral:  Who invented T-Virus?