#1 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

Sup Duders.

I've noticed that when I complete a quest my XP bar gets a green bar with what I was thinking was muh new XP. I see the XP go up, so I know I'm not losing anything. I don't understand why the green XP disappears upon reload of the page. Here's the before:

Here's the after:

I was at Level 13, so I know new points are there.

Can someone enlighten me?

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5574 posts) -

A display bug, I think. Doesn't matter though, the quest system is dead.

#3 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

Thanks for the info.

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Wait, when did Dave say Quests were dead? I know they're semi-meaningless, but I liked some of them. And they did a decent job giving a little guidance to new commenters and encouraging them to interact with the site.

I suppose it's something reasonable for them to cut, but it seems like such a shame.

#5 Posted by AlisterCat (5574 posts) -

@TruthTellah: Coonce was responsible for a lot of the quest stuff, now he's gone. Kat did all the artwork, and she was 'let go'.

#6 Posted by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@TruthTellah: Coonce was responsible for a lot of the quest stuff, now he's gone. Kat did all the artwork, and she was 'let go'.

mhm. Though, couldn't they just keep it around? I mean, they could also have someone else do some of it. Have they said that Quests are gone or are you just assuming from the staff changes? I could believe Quests going away, but I could also see them just revamping them.

#7 Posted by Vextroid (1405 posts) -

Jeff mentioned something about a lack of quests in a Jar video because of the move. Could mean Quests will make a comeback when the new site design launches (or shortly after?)

#8 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

A display bug, I think. Doesn't matter though, the quest system is dead.

Yet people still spam for the first post quest. Dumbest quest ever in my personal opinion.

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5574 posts) -

@TruthTellah: Quests as they exist now are dead. They won't be removed from the site, but I don't know about the redesign. They could put somebody else on it for the new design, but without the staff I don't see it happening.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@ShiftyMagician said:

Yet people still spam for the first post quest. Dumbest quest ever in my personal opinion.

I agree.

#11 Edited by Fattony12000 (7418 posts) -

Wait, what? When people are saying that they are 'dead' do they mean that you can not increase your level number in any way by doing any incomplete quests? Or that new quests are not being written (which I'm fully aware of)?

I've been working on a seven thousand word wiki update for about two years and I want to get that fucking last 'Major Fan' quest.

#12 Edited by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@TruthTellah: Quests as they exist now are dead. They won't be removed from the site, but I don't know about the redesign. They could put somebody else on it for the new design, but without the staff I don't see it happening.

Jeff has definitely talked about bringing on more staff though, and he has even mentioned that their hectic schedule has kept them from making new quests since the move. Which, well, suggests that they still think quests may be a thing at some point. So, certainly it is pretty dead as it is, but I smell a zombie-like rise for quests eventually. ;)

Quests are still active. You will still get points for quests. All people are saying is that no new quests are being made right now. At least, as far as we know.

#13 Edited by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

I agree.

Dang it. You beat me to the first reply to this comment..! Curse you, Toasty!

#14 Posted by Fattony12000 (7418 posts) -

@TruthTellah: Phew! That's what I thought, I didn't know if I had missed something about Quests just being straight up deleted or some shit. Thanks.