#1 Posted by hallgren (31 posts) -

Have these disappeared forever? Are they going to be back on this site anytime soon? Any info will be helpful, thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by Slag (4221 posts) -

@hallgren said:

Have these disappeared forever? Are they going to be back on this site anytime soon? Any info will be helpful, thanks in advance!

based off what we've been told

possibly

Achievements may return when/if the next gen consoles play nicer with sharing the data with giantbomb. So the earliest that would be is sometime in 2014 I guess? Have no idea why Steam achievements are included with that.

Quests, I'm going to guess never will since they didn't apparently succeed in their design intent (ad revenue).

official word here

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/what-we-re-working-on-updating-constantly-1424075/#0

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#4 Posted by derpflo (5 posts) -

Actually the achievements/quests were one of the reasons I registered here instead of lurking around.

The quests "didn't succeed in ther design intent"? Why not just keeping them? Very sad.

#5 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

This is sad.

#6 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

Every site is starting to lose these now :(

#7 Posted by kasumi_geist (30 posts) -

Every site is starting to lose these now :(

It's all Whiskey Media, and they went away with the same update that took CV's quests away. They were beyond awesome.

#8 Edited by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

@kasumi_geist:

I never had the chance to experience them, how were they? What would you have to do?

#9 Posted by kasumi_geist (30 posts) -

@kasumi_geist:

I never had the chance to experience them, how were they? What would you have to do?

There were a lot of different ones. They mostly involved fetch quests. For example: There might be a "Child Endangerment" quest that required you to visit all of the characters who have been Robin's pages. They had funny titles like that. Some of them were more straightforward. I remember getting really excited for getting the quest that required a mod to post in your thread or reply to your comment, and being even more ecstatic when I got the staff member equivalent.

#10 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

@kasumi_geist:

Haha, nice. They sound fun ^_^

Too bad they're gone....

#11 Edited by kasumi_geist (30 posts) -
#12 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

@kasumi_geist:

*pats back*

I'm surprised we're not the two top posters on this forum now, lol.

#13 Edited by kasumi_geist (30 posts) -

@kasumi_geist:

*pats back*

I'm surprised we're not the two top posters on this forum now, lol.

They aren't that lacking in posts. I remember reading a thread that made fun of CV's high post counts though, so there's definitely a disparity. King Saturn's post count was literally disturbing people. I'm with them, I'd rather be playing games the majority of the time. Most CV users read their books pretty fast, or alongside their CV accounts.

#14 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

@kasumi_geist: Where's that thread?

And I was talking about this forum specifically. The top user only has 8 posts... We passed that.

#15 Posted by kasumi_geist (30 posts) -

@kasumi_geist: Where's that thread?

And I was talking about this forum specifically. The top user only has 8 posts... We passed that.

I dunno, was a long time ago. King Saturn was still in the 100,000s. Lol.

#16 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -
#17 Posted by kasumi_geist (30 posts) -

@kasumi_geist:

Wow... That was extremely long ago.... lol.

Not that long. Within a year (although the thread could've been older than that). He wasn't at 100,000, he just hadn't cracked 200,000 yet.

#18 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -
#19 Edited by frobie (120 posts) -

I have an idea in mind, but we'll see if it goes through or not.

Staff
#20 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (980 posts) -

Any updates on this?

#21 Edited by Turbo_Toaster (961 posts) -

Man, I haven't been here in awhile. I miss Quests too. I wish I could have had more say in what we did with them and like...maybe given them more of a point and had real prizes or subscription bonuses for the top dudes. I wonder where all my art went. =S