• 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

Hey duders -  
 
For those of you who have been faithfully participating in the Whiskey Quest System, you have probably noticed that we have not launched our most recent Quest Set this week. That's because we are going to kick off the holiday season with a very special limited edition set starting Sunday, December 12th and running to thru December 24th called the 12 Days of Whiskey. We are still putting final touches on this set, so expect it to be awesome.  
 
Details will drop as we finalize our plans. Happy Holidays - and thanks for making Giant Bomb awesome! 

#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Ok.

#3 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

Sounds interesting. Exactly the distraction I'll require to take a break from studying!

Online
#4 Posted by mracoon (4948 posts) -

Limited Edition Quest!!! Haven't had one of those in a while.

Moderator
#5 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Awesome! :)

#6 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
@coonce: Awwww - im going in for surgery on the 10th - and god knows when i will return! 
 
I'm guessing by the name '12 days' that there will be things to do each day that are only achievable on that day?! Dammit this will be the second limited quest set i miss after the '775' one - and that was down to time zones :(  
#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

On mobile, but when we getting our GT5 Quest Set?

#8 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Damn you Coonce and your hype machine!
 
Anyways, my last day of school is tomorrow, so I can fully devote to this 12 Days of Whiskey Quest Set.  Should be a whole lot of fun!

#9 Posted by Trace (3544 posts) -

Good to hear, Coonce -- I can stand down on the quest-tracking front until Sunday. ...yes, I was watching for new quests today.
 
Will be interested to see how this limited set unfolds. I wonder just how much the namesake and timespan will have to do with one another.

Moderator
#10 Posted by ZombiePie (5562 posts) -

Sound cool I look forward to it.

Moderator
#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (35848 posts) -

Fuck, I hate limited edition quests. The regular ones already have enough pressure; I don't want another 775 or Whatever The One Before It Was Because I Can't Be Bothered to Look it Up.

Online
#12 Posted by karatetron (690 posts) -

Cool beans!

#13 Posted by tracerace11 (288 posts) -

I expect to see Luchadeer caroling!
#14 Posted by evilrazer (480 posts) -

Can't wait to see limited edition quests!

#15 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1865 posts) -

well, good, cuz it saves me braking studying for the most trroublesome exam to come.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10384 posts) -

Well then, I'll have to make sure to actually do this one, because I missed a few of the other limited edition ones (and I'm right on the cusp of leveling up, with no other quests to do (short of either S-Ranking a bunch of games, or making dozens of substantial edits to pages). 

#17 Posted by HT101 (1151 posts) -

Nice to hear that there is going to be a holiday themed one this year.  I wonder how big the number will be in terms of how many people can get this quest?

#18 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

An early Christmas present. 

#19 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

This could be interesting

#20 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Really? I'm surprised there isn't a quest set for Cataclysm.
#21 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Why, Coonce?  Whhhyyyy.

#22 Posted by President_Barackbar (3418 posts) -

I think you might be in a coma after 12 days of whiskey...

Online
#23 Posted by ChrisTaran (1555 posts) -

Wonder if there will be 12 parts to the quest and each one is limited to a particular day? Looking forward to this one!

#24 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

No more 775 please :(

#25 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
Don't remember the last time we had a limited edition quest, this should be good. 
 
@coonce said:
" Details will drop as we finalize our plans. Happy Holidays - and thanks for making Giant Bomb awesome!  "
What are you talking about, you guys are the awesome ones. Thank you! 
 
@KaosAngel said:
" Ok. "
Best post.
#26 Posted by mosespippy (3984 posts) -

Damn it. I had dozens of WOW related sites ready to refresh for a WOW quest. It'll probably be the 2nd or 3rd biggest game of the year. Doesn't seem right to leave it out of the quest love.

#27 Posted by JJOR64 (18893 posts) -

Rock on!

#28 Posted by Toxin066 (3252 posts) -

Suweet.

#29 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

Hype train go!

#30 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Looking forward to the challenge :)

#31 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Lets do this shit!

#32 Posted by tobygw (579 posts) -
@coonce: Hey Coonce, I completed the new Mickey Mouse Club quest set when it came out, yet it still doesn't say that I have completed the whole set even though I have each quest complete. I know this was a somewhat common issue since I saw quite a few others mentioned it as well. Any idea if this can/will be fixed? Thanks
#33 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Decided to pin this to the top of the forum for a day or two so people can find out ahead of schedule when the festive quest crusade begins! 
 
That way there can be no excuses about not being prepared or informed if you miss out ;)

#34 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -

Your amazing, Coonce

Online
#35 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@ShadowConqueror said:
" Really? I'm surprised there isn't a quest set for Cataclysm. "
This is exactly what I was thinking.  Yesterday I figured that we'd get one today for Cata.
#36 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Loving the sound of this Christmas quest set. Consider me hyped.

Moderator
#37 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Yes! One thing, It's only for GB, right?

#38 Posted by Killroycantkill (1380 posts) -

Lets just hope that the quest isn't limited to 775 people... GOD DAMN QUEST!!! LOL.

#39 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
Lets just hope that the quest isn't limited to 775 people... GOD DAMN QUEST!!! LOL.
That's the only Special Quest I don't have, because I was in classes when it was going on.
 
So now I can never have the possibility of a Giant Bomb Quest S-Rank.  ~__~
#40 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

10-4 and Roger.  Squad, we're Oscar Mike.  Coonce, make Ramirez do everything.

#41 Posted by Killroycantkill (1380 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @Killroycantkill said:
Lets just hope that the quest isn't limited to 775 people... GOD DAMN QUEST!!! LOL.
That's the only Special Quest I don't have, because I was in classes when it was going on.  So now I can never have the possibility of a Giant Bomb Quest S-Rank.  ~__~ "
That's the only one I'm missing too... I miss that picture of Lincoln... T_T
#42 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @Killroycantkill said:
Lets just hope that the quest isn't limited to 775 people... GOD DAMN QUEST!!! LOL.
That's the only Special Quest I don't have, because I was in classes when it was going on.  So now I can never have the possibility of a Giant Bomb Quest S-Rank.  ~__~ "
That's the only one I'm missing too... I miss that picture of Lincoln... T_T "
That picture now haunts my dreams since that terrible day.  ~__~
#43 Posted by ZombiePie (5562 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @Killroycantkill said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @Killroycantkill said:
Lets just hope that the quest isn't limited to 775 people... GOD DAMN QUEST!!! LOL.
That's the only Special Quest I don't have, because I was in classes when it was going on.  So now I can never have the possibility of a Giant Bomb Quest S-Rank.  ~__~ "
That's the only one I'm missing too... I miss that picture of Lincoln... T_T "
That picture now haunts my dreams since that terrible day.  ~__~ "
Well here's a little gift from me to you:

Moderator
#44 Edited by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
@ZombiePie said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" @Killroycantkill said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" @Killroycantkill said:
Lets just hope that the quest isn't limited to 775 people... GOD DAMN QUEST!!! LOL.
That's the only Special Quest I don't have, because I was in classes when it was going on.  So now I can never have the possibility of a Giant Bomb Quest S-Rank.  ~__~ "
That's the only one I'm missing too... I miss that picture of Lincoln... T_T "
That picture now haunts my dreams since that terrible day.  ~__~ "
Well here's a little gift from me to you:


  
#45 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5374 posts) -

Awesome! I will try my best to do all of it!

Online
#46 Posted by icytower38 (461 posts) -

Good thing I accidentally visited this forum, now I know not to do anything tomorrow in preparation.
 
You guys do realize that you have become evil manipulative bastards with this quest stuff right :)

#47 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

One of these better involve dancing.

#48 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Bump just to remind everyone that this is starting today!

#49 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

Anyone have any clue when the quest will be started?

Online
#50 Posted by andymc1989 (95 posts) -

I will be most upset if I miss it because it starts during the night in the UK.