#1 Posted by subvertedhope (16 posts) -

So I've watched the quick looks for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Little Big Planet 2 multiple times and have never gotten credit for their respective quests. What's going on here, is this common? Is there a way to ensure they trigger?

#2 Edited by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@subvertedhope: Hm, only thing I can think of is that they recently (two days ago?) switched so that all non-paying members watch videos through YouTube. Maybe that doesn't trigger quests anymore, which certainly would be a problem for all non-paying members...I'm just guessing though.

Edit: Here's the news post with the info.

#3 Posted by subvertedhope (16 posts) -

These videos still use the old player as of about 15 minutes ago, and I watched them several months ago as well as today. Thanks for trying though!

#4 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@subvertedhope: Oh, alright! Then I really don't know. I seem to remember also watching them a couple of times before they triggered. Make sure you watch the correct Quick Look (sometimes there are several) and also make sure you watch it all the way to the end without skipping through it. Only thing I can think of. :)

#5 Posted by subvertedhope (16 posts) -

After the first time watching I've just pressed play and left them open in a background tab with the sound off. Doing it again right now, we'll see how it goes!

#6 Posted by Eurobum (247 posts) -

@subvertedhope said:

So I've watched the quick looks for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Little Big Planet 2 multiple times and have never gotten credit for their respective quests. What's going on here, is this common? Is there a way to ensure they trigger?

In both cases only the quick looks of BETA trigger the quest. Meaning there are two different Quick looks and you need to see the earlier one.

#7 Posted by subvertedhope (16 posts) -

Thanks for trying man but that didn't work either.

#8 Posted by Eurobum (247 posts) -
#9 Posted by subvertedhope (16 posts) -

Nope it doesn't, I've watched both beta quick looks twice now. Opened them, pressed play and left them running in a background tab until they were over.

#10 Posted by BisonHero (7073 posts) -

I've heard enough people making this claim recently that I'm fairly positive that the "watch a Quick Look" quests are just broken for everybody right now since they switched over how their videos work. Maybe they're just broken for non-Premium members, but there's a decent chance they're broken for everybody.

There's already at least one thread about this in the Bug Reporting forum, so I suggest you post in that, saying you've had the same problem.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting/33/watching-videos-quests/522451/