#1 Edited by skywing (1153 posts) -

What does everyone think of the new quest set? 

I'm personally ok with it, guys gotta get their money where they can.  Also, free XP lol but still, how does everyone else feel about it? 

also, #25 bitches!

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5482 posts) -

Im all for it. Doesn't effect me in any way whatsoever. The best kind of ad.

#3 Posted by Jimages (14 posts) -

No problem with it whatsoever :)

#4 Posted by Linkin10362 (602 posts) -

I like it, was surprised when a random quest popped up on the side of my screen. I then proceeded to finish the rest in 3 minutes.

#28 to finish :)

#5 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

It's a way for them get ad revenue without me having to have googleadservices allowed, pretty sneaky sis.

#6 Posted by FadedOasis (61 posts) -

At least the site isn't wrapped in an advertisement. That would be annoying.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10496 posts) -

As a believer in antidisestablishmentarianism, I say yay. 

#8 Posted by RTSlord (1199 posts) -
@Jimages said:
" No problem with it whatsoever :) "

#9 Posted by ka_tet19 (80 posts) -

I am okay with it as well as long as it isn't too gratuitous  

#10 Posted by DaManGB (377 posts) -

Even though it was waaaaaaaayy to easy, I still love it

#7 to finish :)

#11 Posted by Aeterna (1117 posts) -

I don't care either way. I won't be doing it anyways, not that we even have best buys over here...

#12 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

No problem with it, but i do love the Blue and Yellow colors :3

#13 Posted by unreal999 (74 posts) -

This quest is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to complete, but i think the idea is cool :)

#14 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

They are stupendous.

#15 Posted by JoshB (169 posts) -

I would like to say hydrochloric acid?

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

As long as they put some type of effort into it.

#17 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

I despise it.

MUAHAHA ANOTHER QUEST COMPLETE

#18 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

Totally fine with a sponsored quest. To be honest, I think it looks really cool to have the pop-ups in a special color with an advertiser logo.

The quest set itself is a little easy, but I'm hoping this gets continued and more interesting use in the future.

#19 Posted by maa4208 (79 posts) -

I don't mind it that much. As long as it relates to the site (which it does) then I'm ok with it.

#20 Posted by Rodiard (433 posts) -

Not a single negative response so far. This is not what I expected to see upon entering this thread. Good on you, GB community.

#21 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

We always have a thread whenever a new ad comes live on the site,

#22 Posted by icytower38 (461 posts) -

Absolutely crazy how quick people are finishing this one.

#23 Posted by RampageAssassin (416 posts) -

SuperNay

#24 Posted by silentghost227 (77 posts) -

I think sponsored quests are alright.

#25 Posted by Pudge (869 posts) -

This is better then banners and popups but does it have to be Best Buy? Best Buy and Geek Squad are the worst, and it fills me with pain to see their logo. Also, Tyrannosaurs Rex. 

#26 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

It's all good. Just as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Oh and #92. Suck it.

#27 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

5000 bonus experience? Sure! More of these.

Really though, it doesn't matter if it's sponsored or not. Clicking one link doesn't change anything for me. They need to get money where they can, and if it helps keep ads to a minimum, and unobtrusive, I'll click all their links once.

#28 Posted by loganWTF (96 posts) -

It is definitely better than a lot of ads on other sites.  GiantBomb has given me enough joy that I'll support them.  I even click on the ads when they show up as leaderboards even if I don't care about the product.

#29 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

im good with it. no reason to be mad since it doesnt affect my site viewing at all

#30 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Yay.

#31 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Sacriligeous.

#32 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Fantastic
#33 Posted by Drebin_893 (2902 posts) -

I haven't done a quest in ages, but I did this one immediately, as I thought it'd help them out. I'm #17.

#34 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Doesn't hurt anything.

#35 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Rodiard said:
" Not a single negative response so far. This is not what I expected to see upon entering this thread. Good on you, GB community. "
It's easy achievements for the quest whores. Now if they were hard as well, then we would see some complaints. Just like Sup Check, get the staff to see your profile, and becoming a mod.
#36 Posted by Milkman (16534 posts) -

I like new quests. No matter what logo is on them.

#37 Posted by BlueHermitDog (15 posts) -

It is what it is. So long as the site isn't getting skinned i ridiculous ways promotional thingies don't really bother me.

#38 Posted by Trilleong (80 posts) -

I need more acquaintances to get the last achievement.

#39 Posted by nickux (1383 posts) -

I can't decide if I like it or not. On one hand I am happy they're getting some money for the site by partnering with ads. On the other hand, it makes me feel kind of dirty to be questing for Best Buy. Overall, it's  a cool way to make an ad and I think that's pretty neat. Ads usually suck but this at least makes it a little more fun. 

#40 Posted by NukeSpoon (530 posts) -

So what's the deal with defenestration, eh?

#41 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Absolute yay. The colors look cool, too.

#42 Posted by Syphous (170 posts) -

Who cares if it's sponsored? I think more quests are splendorous.

#43 Posted by TheDrake (26 posts) -

Its coo, they are going to have o throw stuff like this out there from time to time.   

One nice thing is that before this quest i didn't know what  sesquipedalian meant. but i do now! yay me

#44 Posted by RVonE (4605 posts) -

I'm fine with it. It's good to see that the adds are properly integrated into the site's system and aren't disruptive or obnoxious.
#45 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I actually find it pretty amusing. They don't even have Best Buys here so the ads are falling on deaf ears. I'm also a sucker for easy achievements.

#46 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

I like the sponsored Quests.  They are not intrusive or in-your-face and they bring color to the Quest system.

#47 Posted by Enzeruu (31 posts) -

I need buddies.

#48 Posted by icytower38 (461 posts) -

Sponsored quests are fine, just wish there was a bit more to this one as it is on the very easy side of things.

#49 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11485 posts) -

If it pays the Whiskey Media bills, I won't complain. Plus, with a new cheap laptop from Best Buy (TM) I can go back to school in style!

#50 Posted by cwdawg1224 (277 posts) -

I thought it was pretty cool. They didn't make us watch a Verizon and Ford commercial before being able to do it.