#1 Edited by BigStupidFace (214 posts) -

So finally I have finished this one after a few false starts (mainly because Giantbomb stopped grabbing my tweets). What an evil evil quest it is. 

You can't dedicate a concentrated block of time and effort to it. You have to repeatedly do the simplest of tasks once a day, every day. You're constantly reminded about it, every time you update. It kind of says "look how easy it is to make progress, come on, keep going". You can't hide the fact this quest exists, it's always there, just waiting for you to slip up. 

Shame on you Giantbomb, shame on you. 

Lots of love. 
-Chris

#2 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

loves of love?

#3 Posted by BigStupidFace (214 posts) -

I have no idea what you're talking about..... *ahem*

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18941 posts) -

Super Sup Check has to be one of the worst quests on this site.  Thank god I got it done right away.

#5 Posted by Carestrike (64 posts) -

Pray tell, what's the point of quests?

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Carestrike said:
" Pray tell, what's the point of quests? "
Entertainment. There is no reward, other than your level increasing.
#7 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Yeah...

#8 Posted by Carestrike (64 posts) -

Any way to turn them off?

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10838 posts) -

It's not just GB, the other Whiskey Media sites with quests have it to. Right now I'm in the middle of getting the Comic Vine one.

#10 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -

i didnt mind it, i was here everyday using the forums anyway so everyday i just left a quick note on my profile about games.

#11 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Wasn't too hard for me since I visit the site everyday. The hard part was to remember to update the status. :P

#12 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (498 posts) -

it was pretty easy, but it got really tense those last couple of days.

#13 Posted by Dexter345 (47 posts) -

I'm currently on day 20 of Super Sup Check.  I'm not one of the people who constantly updates on Twitter, so I have to make a conscious effort to come here and post something.  It's not hard, but I know I'll be pissed if I miss a day and have to start over.

#14 Posted by drgrumbles (205 posts) -

Mine has been stuck at 3 for months so I gave up.

#16 Posted by Tally_Pants (591 posts) -

Yeah, I literally just noticed that GB didn't pick up any of my tweets all weekend...so now I have to start my super sup check over again. I know I was tweeting this weekend, and the last one to show up on here was from Friday morning. Its more just irritating that anything else, since eventually i'm sure it;ll finally happen.

#17 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I've gotten close, but never been able to get it.
At this point, if it happens it happens, but I've given up on actually being proactive about it...

#18 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Day 24... never forget.

#19 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

Work days are fine because I am at the computer, but its weekends when I actually go out and don't get on the computer. And I do not use Twitter. Stupid life getting in the way of my quest progress!

#20 Posted by JackSukeru (5908 posts) -

I am so glad I got it done eventually. Now I won't have to see that annoying pop-up ever again (Only reason I did it too).

#21 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

Mine is stuck on 25 for the last week or so, I've been updating everyday though.

#22 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -

I just linked my Twitter to GB, and then GetGlue to Twitter. Because I check into something at least once a day I didn't have any problems :D

#23 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -
@Carestrike said:
" Any way to turn them off? "
Don't do them?
#24 Posted by DaveMagic (68 posts) -

Currently 10 days in on mine. I just update before I go to sleep. Hopefully I don't pass out before I update this month haha.

#25 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

It's easier to get it done during the summer. Just saying.

#26 Posted by Dexter345 (47 posts) -

Finished mine a couple weeks ago.  I have hardly updated my status since.  I'm just not the type of person who cares to let people know what I'm doing/thinking at any given time.

#27 Posted by drgrumbles (205 posts) -

Been stuck at 3 for 4 months now...

#28 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

this is day 15 for me, first time trying to get it